Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking at the stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,600

Looking at the stats

Oct 8, 2020, 12:12 PM

Of Miami and Clemson tells you nothing. Miami has played well and has put up some big numbers in their wins playing their front line guys. Clemson really hasn’t played a game where they relied heavily on Lawrence and the first team to do anything except control the game. As Dabo has said, Clemson could lead the nation in every stat if he chose to play that way. If the Tigers take this game seriously, it will likely be a laugher like other games with the Canes has been. Getting a few of the defensive guys back will help also. I can’t wait to see how Coach V attacks King. He is certainly is good but the Tigers have played other good QBs in the past and have done very well. King ain’t no Burrow!
My guess ... 45. 17.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at the stats

Oct 8, 2020, 12:52 PM

I totally agree with this. If there was ever a time to take Clemson covering the spread it would be this week.

With all due respect, I believe this game will be close.

Oct 8, 2020, 1:25 PM

UVa. gave Clemson a good game and their QB had a good game running the ball. A couple of plays going the other way and the UVa. game could have been a nail biter. Miami is talented and a mobile QB is good. Our defense is good, talented and deep but also young. I have confidence in our coaching staff but I also know Miami is riding high with confidence and they will come to play. I wish Death Valley was full of Clemson fans.

I hope I'm wrong as hail and I'll be watching this game and pulling for our Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With all due respect, I believe this game will be close.

Oct 8, 2020, 1:39 PM

That whole "a couple of plays going the other way" thing works both ways when it comes to the UVA game. I know we didn't quite dominate them the way most were thinking, but we won 41-23 and were up 41-17 until UVA scored with 1:11 left in the game.

What if the pass to Rodgers in the end zone gets reviewed and is ruled as a touchdown? What if Clemson doesn't have several out of character penalties? You could just as easily make an argument of Clemson winning by 30+ as you could make an argument of UVA making the game a nail biter. In the end things tend to balance out and we ended up winning by 18 in a game we led by 24 until a garbage time touchdown with 1 minute left.

Good points. I understand the "what ifs". UVa. moved the

Oct 8, 2020, 2:19 PM

ball. I think UM is a more athletic team and will be a tough out.

Rodger's play should have been reviewed.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having Tyler Davis back this week is huge. He is our

Oct 8, 2020, 6:42 PM

best defensive lineman. XT may even play Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Thomas can be the X factor!!***

Oct 9, 2020, 7:57 AM

Oct 8, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: With all due respect, I believe this game will be close. ]

And; Dixon dropped a sure TD pass that probably will never happen again.

Oct 8, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to With all due respect, I believe this game will be close. ]

That 'riding high' mentality can be a big downfall.

Hope it equates to overconfidence and they fold like a cheap suit when we smack them in the mouth.

I hope you are right. Saturday will tell and hopefully we

Oct 8, 2020, 2:19 PM

win in a big way.

Something tells me this will be a challenge and closer game than that..

Oct 8, 2020, 6:51 PM

Frankly I hope we get a challenge. Like Dabo said, we need some adversity. We need it to not get complacent.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,600
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic