Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something I keep hearing in CFP discussions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,378

Something I keep hearing in CFP discussions

Nov 27, 2019, 7:23 AM

For the life of me, I keep hearing that no one wants to play little old Clemson in the DEC 28 bowl games. How can a team be ranked 3rd and all the announcers say we are the most dangerous team? Sure sounds like the rankings are messed up if ever one is scared of 3rd ranked team. Line up the first team and spot the ball. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it’s called SOS and as long as we’re in the top 4 it shouldn’t

Nov 27, 2019, 7:28 AM

Matter to anybody

Rèsumé counts in the seeding

Nov 27, 2019, 7:35 AM

We're victims of a pretty unimpressive ACC and ab underperforming TAMU and USuC.

#s 1 & 2 have better bodies of work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Something I keep hearing in CFP discussions

Nov 27, 2019, 7:47 AM

Yeah, imma be honest, seems pretty self-explanatory. SOS, SOR, obviously quality of opponent..

Nov 27, 2019, 7:50 AM

I think the reason no body wants to play Little Old Clemson is that the opponent knows that Little Old Clemson feels disrespected,and that we play with a chip on the shoulder attitude because of that..They also know Dabo will have the team ready to play.
In the last 6 years( or so) Clemson has proven it can stand up to any of the Big Boys in College Football;Bama Ohio State, LSU, Notre Dame,Oklahoma and we haven't even played Georgia in the Kirby Smart era.
So bring it on.
But lets not forget that the game this weekend is the only game that matters.
Lose this one,and you might get Bama in a New Years Day Bowl.

Nov 27, 2019, 8:16 AM

In my opinion, it has to do with the drop off between 3 and 4. If OSU or LSU were #3, then you would hear nobody wants to play them. This appears to be a year that the #1 seed will have a big advantage over the rest of the field.

^^^^we have a winner^^^^***

Nov 27, 2019, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's because such rankings are flawed and inaccurate,

Nov 27, 2019, 8:32 AM

as are things like SOS and "resume". It's fun to analyze and debate who's best and who plays the toughest schedule and such; that's part of the fun of it. But to think that a panel of very serious "experts" can get it right has proven to be a failure. They are all just babbling their opinions, which are no more valid than yours or mine, and their conclusions often make little sense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,378
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic