Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone just posted on my FB Derrick Henry 2nd round
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Someone just posted on my FB Derrick Henry 2nd round

Jan 17, 2016, 9:00 PM

draft evaluation. Anybody know anything about this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May be from here

Jan 17, 2016, 9:03 PM

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016underclassmen.php

Re: Someone just posted on my FB Derrick Henry 2nd round

Jan 17, 2016, 9:05 PM

I figured more like 3rd. He'll never last, one saban used him all up; also too top heavy and not enough explosive speed; takes 5 steps to get going and cant cut

Jan 17, 2016, 9:06 PM

durable downhill runner, he will be a late first rounder.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 9:13 PM

yep... sounds about right.... runs hard and very durable... but will get only about 15 carries a game next year and is a one trick pony.

Jan 17, 2016, 9:19 PM

We exposed him as extremely one dimensional, he didn't even block well against us, and Alabama never utilized him as a receiver. Before our game I'd say late first round, after championship early third. Comb. will be amazing but it won't matter bama running backs are risky

Here's the source

Jan 17, 2016, 9:34 PM

here will Alabama running back Derrick Henry be drafted?

This college football season, the 6-3, 242-pound Heisman Trophy winner was the top back in the country, rushing for 2,219 yards and 28 touchdowns. He ran for 158 yards and three touchdowns in Alabama’s 45-40 win over Clemson in the national championship game on Monday. On Friday, he officially declared for the NFL Draft, forgoing his senior year.

Despite Henry’s statistics, stature and accolades, he’s not considered the best running back in this year’s draft by some pundits. For example, ESPN’s Todd McShay rates Henry as the No. 2 back behind Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott, and the No. 37 pick overall.

Friday, Henry told reporters that he was given a second-round grade. And he wasn’t happy about it.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/derrick-henry-is-angry-he-got-a-second-round-nfl-draft-grade

IMHO ... Cowboys 1st Round***

Jan 17, 2016, 9:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO ... Cowboys 1st Round***

Jan 17, 2016, 11:11 PM

Many think with the Carolina Panthers line he'd be a good fit

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 10:41 PM

These Alabama RBs translate to terrible pro-set pieces. Ingram? Never heard his name until maybe this year when he seemed to hit his stride. T-Richardson? I don't even think he's in the league anymore. T.J. Yeldon? Needs to visit Groins 'R Us. Fat Eddie Lacy? Uhhh, yeah his nickname speaks for itself.

Look I wish the kid all the best but history shows that when you have a line in front of you in college that can blow holes that a tractor trailer can drive through it makes you look artificially better than you are. Not exactly the same NFL success that our progeny from WRU is enjoying at the next level!!! Every week this year it seemed like Sammy, Nuk, and Martavis BALLED OUT!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lacey had some pretty good success this year. So did Mark

Jan 18, 2016, 7:36 AM

Ingram. Also, not sure how comparing our WR talent in the NFL has anything to do with RB failures. RB success in the NFL has much more to do with the franchise you land with than anything else. I use CJ as an example. All the talent in the world, but can't seem to find his niche so far. I would have thought he was made to order as a Sproles type in New Orleans, but so far has had trouble even getting on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lacey had some pretty good success this year. So did Mark

Jan 18, 2016, 7:37 AM

False . I had Ingram on a fantasy league team and he was terrible . He was either injured or getting shut out of the end zone .
Lacey did ok , just ok. Richardson is an NFL bust .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 17, 2016, 10:41 PM

Nah Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson and Eddie lacy have all been huge flops he gonna be early third

Jan 18, 2016, 4:14 AM

Just an opinion,but probably late first round,or early 2nd.
Running backs in the NFL are just not utilized like they were in the 90's.
More pro teams pass to set up the run.

Jan 18, 2016, 8:10 AM

Many people fail to realize that it is Bammer's OLine that makes those RB's look so good. The Heisman Selection committee definitely did NOT see that. They be stooopid. Watson was the true Heisman winner and it showed in the NCG.

Most RB's do NOT get selected in the first round of the draft. I would guess he will make 2nd round though - barely. Personally, I think Perine is better and would make a better draft pick.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic