Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That's A Lot of Money !!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,258

That's A Lot of Money !!!!

Feb 6, 2021, 8:26 PM

Our Congress is considering a stimulus bill of about $2.2 trillion. That's $2,200,000,000,000.00. Using the figure of 330,000,000. as the population of the United States, that $2.2 trillion equates to about $6,666. for every person. The plan is to give a limited number of people $1,200. each. So, most of the money is going for plain old PORK. Our national debt is growing by leaps and bounds. Some of you younger citizens and generations to come will be saddled with an enormous debt.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's A Lot of Money !!!!

Feb 6, 2021, 8:53 PM

Joe, most of us Senior folks are not gonna be around when this debt comes due. It's gonna drag our economy into the dumpster. As my Daddy, who lived through the depression would say, "Gonna hurt folks who has something, those who don't have nothing will fare just fine."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 9:09 PM

Sad that myself, 7 year old, and 3 year old will bear this burden. They are already being raised that nothing comes free. The difficulty is teaching them not to listen to outside influences; especially at school. I definitely have my work cut out for me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 9:23 PM

Guess what, the debt does not come due and would be impossible to pay even if it did.

Feb 6, 2021, 9:37 PM

How do you figure?

We pay it back all the time. Dont know what you read,

Feb 6, 2021, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: That's A Lot of Money !!!! ]

but $30 Trillion in bond holders expect to be paid, and they get paid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: That's A Lot of Money !!!! ]

I started a reply to you Valley Boy. So much to say, but half way through I realized it was not worth the effort. You only hear - and believe - what you want to. I honestly think you have been brainwashed. So, as I deleted my comment, the famous Reagan quote popped into my head:

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.“

You my friend, are the epitome of that quote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

^^^Get's it!***

Feb 8, 2021, 12:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

US National debt

Feb 6, 2021, 9:33 PM

is 27 trillion dollars. Staggering. Incomprehensible. That number is so large,
It is almost meaningless. It might as well be 227 trillion.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like Fortune 500 companies should start paying

Feb 6, 2021, 10:53 PM

some taxes. I mean if my quarterly bonus check can be taxed at nearly 50%, the big guys can go up to a higher bracket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like Fortune 500 companies should start paying

Feb 6, 2021, 11:38 PM

Well, some are getting what they voted for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gov't spending has not been controlled in the last 50 years

Feb 7, 2021, 1:22 AM

...and most congressional control has rested in 'conservative' hands for most of those last 50 years, so, there are open hands from the majority of elected officials because it has always taken a majority vote to pass a spending bill, not just since Nov 3, 2020...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: US National debt

Feb 8, 2021, 12:55 PM [ in reply to US National debt ]

is 27 trillion dollars. Staggering. Incomprehensible. That number is so large,
It is almost meaningless. It might as well be 227 trillion.

Don’t forget unfunded liabilities such as SS and Medicare/Medicaid. No telling what that amounts to. Amazing that our govt can print money out of thin air and keep separate sets of books. Next two amendments should be term limits and balanced budget. Unfortunately that won’t leave the pols enough pork to buy votes with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 11:43 PM

For perspective

1 million seconds = 11.574 days
1 billion seconds = 31.7 years
1 trillion seconds = 31,710 years

A trillion here, a trillion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money. The further you get from your money, the less anyone cares about it being your money.

Someone has to pay for Pelosi to get a facelift! $$$$***

Feb 7, 2021, 9:10 AM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Feb 8, 2021, 12:55 PM

Government does not know how to cut back and even with Trump our debt continued to increase. Debt will be wiped out when we become ChinaUSA.

Feb 8, 2021, 1:05 PM

What's considered "plain old pork"?

Money to build bridges and highways and trains?

or

Tax cuts for corporations and billionaires?

Because i'll tell you, this plan has money to actually be spent on projects to make "america great again" as opposed to tax cuts to prop up oligarchs and cronies on the president.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,258
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic