Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pearl Harbor...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Pearl Harbor...

Dec 7, 2020, 6:49 AM

Remember :(

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pearl Harbor...

Dec 7, 2020, 7:16 AM

What's sad is wondering how many people are still around that remember Dec.7th vs those that think it was a movie with Ben Afflack.

Indeed! Important to remember our history & the sacrifices

Dec 7, 2020, 7:26 AM

made by so many to ensure our freedom. Thank you to those that have served and to those that have family that have served or are currently serving!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indeed! Important to remember our history & the sacrifices

Dec 7, 2020, 8:15 AM

Some people want you to forget our history, good ,or bad.
Others only want to teach you what they want you to know.
Some people will get confused with Dec.7th 1941,and probably refer to it as Dec.7th 1619.

Some people think that statues should honor people of honor

Dec 7, 2020, 11:24 AM

and history belongs in museums and text books. It doesn't have to in the town square (especially when it was placed there are a form of intimidation).

But today isn't about that, is it?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 7:27 AM

Yes, Pearl Harbour Day, a day that will live in infamy! Sadly not understood by many of the younger generation today.
My mother told me that she was riding with a carload of friends when they heard the announcement on the radio. They turned the car around and the young men went immediately to enlist.

Terrible movie that wasted some great special effects!***

Dec 7, 2020, 7:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Terrible movie that wasted some great special effects!***

Dec 7, 2020, 8:16 AM

The recent release of "Midway" was a much better film.

Tora Tora Tora***

Dec 7, 2020, 2:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 8:33 AM

Always in prayers and thoughts. God Bless America

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always remember December 7, 1941. But, I also now always

Dec 7, 2020, 8:38 AM

remember December 7, 1942 with sadness every year. It was my oldest sister Brenda's birthday. She died suddenly in 2009 at the much too young age of 66. So, Dec. 7 is a sad reminder of a double tragedy for our family every year. Rest in Peace, Sis. I will see you again someday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 8:46 AM

If you want to thank a veteran, be an American that was worth defending.

(Please, this is non-political)

Pearl Harbor was a huge statement about the treachery of the

Dec 7, 2020, 9:04 AM

Japanese at that time. But, if you need any reminder of the American Spirit at work, just do an internet search and see how many of the ships that were sunk that day were eventually refloated, repaired, and later returned to service to fight the Japs in the Pacific. Even those that could not be saved had most of their armament removed and recycled to other ships. America learned a hard lesson from Pearl Harbor, but the Japanese later learned a NUCLEAR lesson that I pray NEVER gets repeated.

Dec 7, 2020, 9:50 AM

Happened on my third birthday.

Pearl Harbor and 1942...

Dec 7, 2020, 9:56 AM

People don't realize how critical victories at Wake Island, Coral Sea, Midway and Guadalcanal in 1942 were. If the U.S. Military loses any or all of these engagements the pacific is lost for a long time and the U.S. is a much different place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Not so sure I agree completely. The U.S. would have

Dec 7, 2020, 10:37 AM

defeated Japan eventually if the will to fight continued to remain. Based on sheer ability to produce aircraft and ships, along with the larger fighting pool, the USA would eventually overwhelm Japan.

Japan knew this and was counting on the opinion of the US citizens to drive suing for peace after the success of Pearl Harbor and hoping for additional early wins.

If you look at production ramp ups, the U.S> was putting out every class of ship at a 4 to 1 rate over Japan by 1943.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Dec 7, 2020, 11:59 AM

Its amazing that Pearl Harbor actually happened. Even with little technology, it was a time when the U S. had to of been on alert, and the fact that the Japs showed up with no warning or warnings that were at least taken seriously is hard to fathom.

Dec 7, 2020, 12:13 PM

Too much faith in our “Swiss-like” neutrality, and the supposed protection that came with it.

Dec 7, 2020, 1:39 PM

December 7 is what might be considered a "triple witching" day:
1. Pearl Harbor, which resulted in our entry into World War II and awful loss of lives until final victory in 1945;
2. "Delaware Day," which commemorates Delaware's being the first to ratify the U.S. Constitution on December 7, 1787; and
3. The last day for annual enrollment in a Medicare advantage plan, meaning, thank God, no more TV advertisements to sign up for a new plan 10 times an hour.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Dec 7, 2020, 1:42 PM

The attack on Pearl Harbor on 12/7/41 was treacherous and horrible. However, in the "big picture" of WWII and the world, it was beneficial - because it got us into the war, and not just into the war, but into the war with great enthusiasm. If we had not been attacked, then we would have had to have been dragged into it kicking and screaming, trying to stay out of it. 9/1/39 Germany invaded Poland. 9/17/39 Russia invaded Poland. Within months, Germany occupied 1/3 of Poland, and all of Denmark, France and Norway. Within months, Russia occupied 2/3 of Poland, and all of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. Japan was already occupying North China-Manchuria. Prior to 12/7/41, Germany occupied most of Western Europe, Britain was on the verge of collapse, Russia occupied most of Eastern Europe, Italy went fascist and occupied large sections of North Africa. Japan occupied North China-Manchuria and large sections of Vietnam and was obviously going to expand throughout the Pacific. It's hard to say thank goodness for being attacked and I won't, but the world is much better off for it happening when it did rather than later.

I can certainly remember the 25th anniversary in........

Dec 7, 2020, 1:43 PM

1966 - veterans of PH were still in their 40s - is hard to believe they're all almost gone now.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic