Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you may disagree but IMO once players start earning money any
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,830

Some of you may disagree but IMO once players start earning money any

Jun 16, 2020, 2:41 AM

amount above their scholarships and stipends, cost of books etc.., they they are getting now should be returned to the University got use in the General found. An example would be An athlete that mad more than his scholarship, books and other financial resources they normally would receive should have to be paid back to the University. If the NCAA is going to pay them because of their athletic ability then whyy y should the receive scholarship money unless they need it.

Why should I or my kid have to borrow money to get an education when athletes would get one for free plus earn thousands or or in income because they play sports.??

IMO either they can earn money and apply it to their education or keep the system the way it is now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of you may disagree but IMO once players start earning money any

Jun 16, 2020, 2:19 PM

Athletic scholarships are paid entirely by IPTAY, not the University.

Scholarships are earned; it's not based on need. That's why you'll see sons of millionaire coaches getting a scholarship - if they earn it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Athletes with full scholarships have always received them

Jun 16, 2020, 2:21 PM

just for playing sports. I guess they really only receive them because the university makes money from people watching them play sports, be it on television or in person. So that part has not changed. So within the scholarship athlete bubble, why should one who is "famous" have to return any money, when others still have their full ride? I don't agree with players being paid, but likewise don't think they should have to return whatever it's decided that they can make.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Athletes with full scholarships have always received them

Jun 16, 2020, 8:19 PM

qqzIf it were not for Football Clemson could not have Women’s Softball as well as other sports. Football enables Clemson to have other Sports.

In reply to you post that IPTAY pays all scholarship‘a here is the answer.

“ Unlike the individual scholarships we just discussed, which usually come from outside sources, most money for athletic scholarships comes directly from the schools' athletic departments.“

I am not trying to start a disagreement with you. I appreciate many of your post. If the money comes from the School or from IPTAY if TL, ETN, or if other athletes are making money because he or she is associated with Clemson and the money they make exceeds their scholarship then I think they should give back the amount they make if it it exceeds their scholarship. For example of the they make $50,000 and they receive $150,000 scholarship. I think they should pay back the $50,000. That money could really make a difference in another student’s life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of you may disagree but IMO once players start earning money any

Jun 16, 2020, 2:45 PM

I understand what you're saying but, if a HC makes 9 mil a year, it's only bc of the money that the players are making for the school, IPTAY, or whoever. The scholarships is part of getting the athletes to Clemson, and that has nothing to do with money offered to a player for the use of HIS name and likeness!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,830
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic