Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of y’all can’t be this dumb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Some of y’all can’t be this dumb

Sep 4, 2018, 8:48 AM

First of all, to call Nike liberal is hilarious. They use overseas sweatshops to keep costs down in order to make as much money as possible. Sounds like a capitalist to me. (Ask Trump about using overseas labor. Interesting how none of his tariffs are on clothes.)

But more importantly, does anyone here really think Nike GAF about the flag or police brutality? Me neither. This morning all across America people are talking about Nike just like they wanted you to do...because it will lead to MORE sales.

Don’t you think Nike did their research to determine the overall outcome of this marketing campaign? Or do you really believe they put the jobs of thousands of people at stake? Wake up. Get outraged all you want, but watch their quarterly reports. They won.

(Remember the days when we all believed in free speech and let a moron say whatever they wanted and then we all moved on? Those were the days.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess they are hoping they wiltl get 100% of the business

Sep 4, 2018, 8:51 AM

from the 50% of the people that will think they did a great thing.

You are sadly mistaken if you think 50% of their customers

Sep 4, 2018, 9:42 AM

are outraged by this. Most of the people that are truly outraged over this, and i assure you it's a small minority, probably didn't buy much Nike apparel anyway.

They don't like hearing facts.

Sep 4, 2018, 4:39 PM

beware.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you recently post a pic of a new pair of Clemson Nike

Sep 4, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I guess they are hoping they wiltl get 100% of the business ]

shoes you bought? I'm guessing from your above post you have buyers regret?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

You are absolutley correct. I guess I will get some white

Sep 4, 2018, 4:59 PM

paint and blot out the purple swoosh. Already took a permanent black pen to the white swoosh on some hats I bought for my real estate company....

Re: You are absolutley correct. I guess I will get some white

Sep 5, 2018, 11:53 AM

Hey Spud® What kind of real estate company you got? Just got my license down here in Lexington S.C. Always like to talk real estate if you have the time, shoot me a direct message.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of y’all can’t be this dumb

Sep 4, 2018, 8:54 AM

My cynical nature leads me to believe this was a calculated effort to deflect attention from their overseas labor practices. From what I'm seeing this morning, it worked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

and their huge sex scandal going on in Portland***

Sep 4, 2018, 1:37 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Sep 4, 2018, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of y’all can’t be this dumb ]

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/business/nike-women.html

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Let me see if I really understand what you're doing.

Sep 4, 2018, 8:57 AM

You post a political thread on our football board, say people making political statement about a sportswear company makes you laugh, talk about how using sweat shops in third world countries for production is ok because everyone is doing it, comment on what a great economic move taking a political stand was for Nike then reminisce about how good the times were when people had freedom of speech and call everyone who are exercising their freedom of speech in disagreement of Nike morons?

Is that really what you wanted to say and what makes you think anyone gives a chit what you think?

Just askin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you grossly over-estimate business executives

Sep 4, 2018, 9:08 AM

and their thought processes.

Sep 4, 2018, 9:36 AM

Is there a new rule that automatically makes anyone who disagrees with my or your opinion dumb?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, Joe, that is the way it has become.

Sep 4, 2018, 9:52 AM

Regardless of political affiliations. Either people are conservative and think liberals are dumb or people are liberal and think conservatives are dumb. It is just the way modern politics intended. Everyone is angry. Not good for the great U S of A to be so divided amongst ourselves. Better if we could go back to respecting one another's opinions and not obsessing over political things so much and just go to work or school and do a good job, help out the best we can in our community, and be good Americans through quiet actions and good deeds. It really is sad when we come here excited about football stuff and just see a bunch of angry people arguing about political stuff. There is no getting away from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 9:40 AM

Uuuuuuuhhh Nike had to lay off a ton of management level people in the past year, also Nike is a VERY liberal company, I worked for them at the HQ in Beaverton, OR about 7 years ago. Secondly, you act as if a liberal company/person/politician etc. saying one thing and doing another (sweat shops) is something rare??? And last but not least when have people in America EVER been able to make a public stance/statement and have 0 repercussions on their business or personal life???

There are too many wrongs in your post to point out. Your post is a nightmare.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 10:32 AM

First of all, to call Nike liberal is hilarious. They use overseas sweatshops to keep costs down in order to make as much money as possible. Sounds like a capitalist to me. (Ask Trump about using overseas labor. Interesting how none of his tariffs are on clothes.)

I guess you've never bothered to see where all those lefty Silicon Valley Company (i.e. Apple) products are made. Let me give you a hint - it ain't made in the USA by folks making $15 an hour...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 10:59 AM

You either sound like a current student or a professor. Either way, you seem sure you understand the world better than any of us fools. Rest assured any company based in Beaverton, Oregon is not conservative. Nike is no doubt a capitalist company. Why else would you go in to the tennis shoe business? They've never been a necessity. They make a luxury product and charge "the lowest possible price that still affords them an exorbitant profit." But the real money for the owners is in the value of their stock. Before declaring that they've got this all figured out, you might take a look at the stock market this morning. Institutional investors are bailing big time. They may, or may not, come back any time soon. That cannot make stockholders happy. And that has to concern the Board of Directors. And that has to concern the executive officers; all of whom are easily replaceable. Smart companies today are staying out of the political arena. It's just too risky. Suppose you're right, that only 20% of American conservatives are angry. Why alienate 25 million people? How can that possibly be good for business? You do the math on how much revenue if only 10% of them would have bought a pair of Nike shoes this year. Stupid is as stupid does. But in reality, this is a football forum and all this junk about Nike should be taken elsewhere. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 12:40 PM

Like ##### won? That's against all logic. Dividing your customer base is never a good thing. They got 100% of their customers before. They'll get less than 100% now. Bad publicity is bad publicity.

Sep 4, 2018, 12:41 PM

Cant even say the sporting goods place name that rhymes with LICKS.

Being dumb is a stellar trait

Sep 4, 2018, 1:30 PM

Exercised by humans...firmly entrenched in their DNA. Further, it's generally unseen by those wearing 'rose-colored' glasses, yet immediately recognized by those who can see without aid. Lastly, it's agnostic with respect to views, religion, ethnicity or favorite football team, etc!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you remember New Coke? Of course not, it was a failure.***

Sep 4, 2018, 4:02 PM

MORE sales = out of touch! Reduce customer base to

Sep 4, 2018, 4:31 PM

increase sales? Brilliant idea!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree Jefferson. Nike knows their market

Sep 4, 2018, 4:43 PM

first and foremost. Then they further capitalized by getting all the talking heads and message boards giving them free advertising like I am and the rest of us are discussing this subject today on the web.

Sep 5, 2018, 12:29 PM

Oh yes we can. Some of us can be way dumberer than you think!

i took all of my nike gear................

Sep 5, 2018, 12:31 PM

i took all of my nike gear, which included some clemson gear, to goodwill yesterday. i didn't like nike's decision so i won't wear their gear anymore. i didn't make a big deal of it, i just boxed it up and took it.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic