Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of us act like we have forgotten how young our OL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,781

Some of us act like we have forgotten how young our OL

Jan 2, 2021, 9:10 AM

Was this year. I think they progressed and got better throughout the year but it’s time to face the truth. They met a larger, older, more experienced DL and got handled. The OL will be better next year!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of us act like we have forgotten how young our OL

Jan 2, 2021, 9:17 AM

Our D-line got mishandled as well, or did you just forget to mention that in your closing argument.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 9:38 AM

I’m thinking that Bates can’t hole Brooks jock strap developing that d-line. Jury is still out on Bates!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 9:18 AM

Carman is a Jr. that many thought would go pro after this season. Probably not now. Stewart is a Sr. Bockhorst is a Jr....

Not sure where you're coming up with the "we're young" comment........??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:22 AM

Depth and starting experience

Jan 2, 2021, 9:24 AM

That I will agree with. But the fact that we have RS Juniors who cant run block is concerning. I would call that a developmental issue. Typically by year 3 in an elite program, you shouldn't be having those problems.

Screw Calford.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:29 AM

It may be the Caldwell has lost his edge, I suspect that it will be addressed

I'm not sure there was an ever an edge with him. More like

Jan 2, 2021, 9:31 AM

a ledge that we have consistently stepped off of.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Some of us act like we have forgotten how young our OL ]

If I perform poorly at my job I am replaced. Facts!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OL recruiting in the 18 and 19 classes

Jan 2, 2021, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Some of us act like we have forgotten how young our OL ]

is the main reason the OL is not very good this year. Hopefully the 2020 OL class will mature and make a big contribution next year.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:39 AM

We have been disappointed in our OLine at various points of the last five years as far as I can recall. I’m not sure Caldwell ever had an edge. I think our level of play from good to elite has left him behind. Just my opinion. It seems to show every time we play another elite team. Their O lines seem better. I love our coaches but you gotta know when to call it. I’ve said this more than once win or lose. DW4 is the reason Elliott and Caldwell are revered. They are better men than coaches. Again, IMHO

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,781
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic