Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So when all of this is over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 893

So when all of this is over

Mar 31, 2020, 11:40 AM

what are the lessons this virus will teach us?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That's like asking what will we learn this year

Mar 31, 2020, 11:43 AM

in school, when all we have done is take attendance and say the pledge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've learned...

Mar 3, 2016, 10:32 PM

That if I can't still buy beer and liquor during a stay-at-home pandemic, I'm in big trouble.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I've learned...

Mar 31, 2020, 12:18 PM

Speak of of which, did NC and VA close the liquor stores too? Or are they open?

Control states, lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno.

Mar 31, 2020, 12:19 PM

I'd lose it.

Our liquor stores nearby are still open but only three customers allowed inside at a time.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

liquor still flowing in va state owned***

Mar 31, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I've learned... ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sports or death?

Mar 31, 2020, 11:56 AM

i go with sports

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So when all of this is over

Mar 31, 2020, 11:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put Trump & all politicians on an 18 mo. cruise.

Let the military run the country until 1/1/22. They have the capability for decisive strategy and tactics along with a respect for supply chain and critical US manufacturing industries that are needed for national security.

Start with a new set of politicians in ‘22 with term limits and mandatory retirement.

i'm all for that.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Term limits ftw.***

Mar 31, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Put Trump & all politicians on an 18 mo. cruise. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always keep masks and gloves handy.***

Mar 31, 2020, 12:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 1:15 PM

AUtomation and AI will be a big push to keep open supply chains and delivery. Schools may move more curriculum online and who knows maybe that will be the future for education. UBI will be a hot topic as well as socialized health care, the US is going to see a lot of changes in the next decade and this will be the primer of the pump.

Look around, delivery guys, warehouse workers, grocery clerks all manning the front lines yet paid diddly, you think they are not gonna demand changes? This is gonna shift things IMHO as folks grasp maybe they are kinda important.

What do you see AI/RPA doing?

Mar 31, 2020, 1:28 PM

I keep hearing this, and I see how many millions my company has dumped into it for very little return. We're just trying to do hopped up screen scraping and its expensive, difficult and unreliable.

What do you see different?

Re: What do you see AI/RPA doing?

Mar 31, 2020, 1:34 PM

Amazon has always viewed job #1 for it's warehouses to be humanless, cept for the repair guy. Looking at some robotics coming they will be there sooner than one thinks, also to stock shelves,clean,do fast food work and deliver goods. It is coming, thus the need for UBI . Robots do not get sick, do not require health insurance ,go on strike, or generally complain.

Wasn't this the reason Yang was so hot on a

Mar 31, 2020, 2:00 PM

government provided base salary. The fear of automation?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Automation will take jobs, Skynet will come online, and then things will get interesting.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently Elon Musk is concerned

Mar 31, 2020, 10:50 PM

Tesla is a pretty good example of the over promise of AI

Mar 31, 2020, 11:00 PM

We're still at least 10 years out from an autonomous car--maybe even longer.

Notice we haven't heard much about those in the last year or so after they keep killing people and running into stuff.

We were supposed to have jetpacks and flying cars, too.

Mar 31, 2020, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you see AI/RPA doing? ]

I'm not overly concerned at this point.

Mar 31, 2020, 1:23 PM

panic earlier

hand sanitizer and snuff dont mix

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 1:27 PM

I do not know, it gives it that extra kick. It is he ll trying to spit wearing a mask! Have a buddy, he is not a spitter, then again he has digestive issues.

Self sufficiency. Things are likely going to get very bad.

Mar 31, 2020, 4:49 PM

We are not even at the end of the beginning.

The coronavirus isn't the biggest threat. It's a total economic collapse. A total collapse of the dollar. A total collapse of the US energy sector.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Self sufficiency. Things are likely going to get very bad.

Mar 31, 2020, 6:40 PM

i dont think so, gonna be a yuge bounce back, big league

Re: Self sufficiency. Things are likely going to get very bad.

Mar 31, 2020, 6:42 PM

gubmint is already talking about another 2 trillion spending on infrastructure bill

So you think hyperinflation is a hoax?

Mar 31, 2020, 9:08 PM

What are energy prices telling you? What about Russia and Saudi Arabia... what's their plan? You think the petrodollar will survive this? It looks impossible. So if the petrodollar goes down, how can the US keep up with the debt? It's mathematically impossible, right?

Share what you are basing your optimism on?

You misspelled 'Bigly.'***

Apr 1, 2020, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Self sufficiency. Things are likely going to get very bad. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You did this routine in '08.***

Mar 31, 2020, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Self sufficiency. Things are likely going to get very bad. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a complete lie. I had no idea what was going on.

Apr 1, 2020, 12:59 PM

I was a normie sheep like everyone else. What would cause you to make a false claim like that? So you can feel better?

that those meetings really could've be emails.

Mar 31, 2020, 4:56 PM

*stolen from everywhere.

Mar 31, 2020, 6:48 PM

Nothing, because we will still have absolutely learned nothing! It would be a temporary solution to an inevitable problem.

We’re all a lot more willing to accept totalitarian rule

Mar 31, 2020, 11:04 PM

than we thought.

Democracy and materialism tend to do that.

Apr 1, 2020, 1:04 PM

“Above this race of men stands an immense and tutelary power, which takes upon itself alone to secure their gratifications and to watch over their fate. That power is absolute, minute, regular, provident, and mild. It would be like the authority of a parent if, like that authority, its object was to prepare men for manhood; but it seeks, on the contrary, to keep them in perpetual childhood: it is well content that the people should rejoice, provided they think of nothing but rejoicing. For their happiness such a government willingly labors, but it chooses to be the sole agent and the only arbiter of that happiness; it provides for their security, foresees and supplies their necessities, facilitates their pleasures, manages their principal concerns, directs their industry, regulates the descent of property, and subdivides their inheritances: what remains, but to spare them all the care of thinking and all the trouble of living?

Thus it every day renders the exercise of the free agency of man less useful and less frequent; it circumscribes the will within a narrower range and gradually robs a man of all the uses of himself. The principle of equality has prepared men for these things;it has predisposed men to endure them and often to look on them as benefits.

After having thus successively taken each member of the community in its powerful grasp and fashioned him at will, the supreme power then extends its arm over the whole community. It covers the surface of society with a network of small complicated rules, minute and uniform, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd. The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting. Such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd.”

Alexis de Tocqueville 1805-1859, Democracy in America

Man has certainly sold his soul, but do we have a choice?

Apr 1, 2020, 10:41 PM

Or was Nietzsche correct and we must have a super-man? I think Nietzsche had it right.

Replies: 33
| visibility 893
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic