Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So who will be First in line ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So who will be First in line ?

Dec 11, 2020, 2:39 PM

I will be in the back of the line .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So who will be First in line ?

Dec 11, 2020, 2:54 PM

Where did you get that picture of Lori Lightfoot wearing a red suede tuxedo?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 3:29 PM

LOL! Almost a spit take.

Dec 11, 2020, 7:32 PM

TigerJS® said:

LOL! Almost a spit take.

Lol. She's among the worst of the worst for sure.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 2:56 PM

Hadn’t heard that one yet. Clever

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will. Heck, I woulda volunteered for the testing trials. Now, I have

Dec 11, 2020, 3:13 PM

no doubt that there will be some people who have a bad reaction once it's rolled out to the masses. Of course, that happens with every drug. Saw a study a few years ago that said 3,000 people die a year from freaking aspirin. But that's out of tens if not hundreds of millions of daily doses. In other words, perfectly safe for 99.99999? percent of us. I'm a math major... I'll play the odds. LOL

There's a much greater likelihood I'll get killed in my car today... but I need to run to the post office later, so I'll say my prayers and take my chances.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: I will. Heck, I woulda volunteered for the testing trials. Now, I have

Dec 11, 2020, 3:53 PM

As a healthy person under the age of 40, I am more likely to get vaccine inquired from this thing than to die, be hospitalized or have any complications from Covid, I'll take my chances without this vaccine....in Italy - the big developed country worst-hit by the covid - the odds of a healthy person under 40 dying from Covid this year are 0.00006%.

Yes, less than 1 in 1 million.... this vaccine doesn't discriminate against age like this virus does.

If you're looking for a source, it's section 10 of this report. 163 Italians under 40 have died of Covid. Of those, 15 are known to have "no major pathologies" (psychiatric illnesses, kidney problems, etc).

Italy has about 24 million people under 40: https://www.epicentro.iss.it/en/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_2_december_2020.pdf

But good luck with that vaccine!!!

No problem, bud... I get it. I might feel differently if I was in

Dec 11, 2020, 4:47 PM

your shoes. I'll be 64 in a couple months. But more importantly, I spend every weekend at my girlfriend's house, and her 90 year old mom lives with her. So obviously we've been EXTREMELY careful and diligent... masks, sanitizer, no large gatherings, etc. If anybody brings it into that house, it's pretty much a death sentence for her mom. Who is otherwise doing very well... sharp, funny, pretty good health and just a joy to be around. If the vaccine will allow us to get out and about and do more, and greatly reduce the risk of getting the virus... I'm all for it, sign me up!

We all have to weigh out the risks and do whatever we think is best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: No problem, bud... I get it. I might feel differently if I was in

Dec 11, 2020, 4:50 PM

I agree with you! If you cannot avoid older people, or you yourself might be susceptible, you have to weigh each risk and make the best decision for you--I wasn't bashing you, more-so pointing out the larger picture numbers and risk. Stay safe my friend and go Tigers, beat ND!

Even low-risk people can help society by vaccinating...

Dec 11, 2020, 5:10 PM

but freedom of choice is sacred too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will. Heck, I woulda volunteered for the testing trials. Now, I have

Dec 11, 2020, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I will. Heck, I woulda volunteered for the testing trials. Now, I have ]

Dude,
This ain't a binary problem, you know, it's one or the other. Matter of fact, very few things in life are binary. There are things worse than dying actually. Have you considered the people who have been infected who will have lasting effects on their health for...., well, who knows how long.
I'll take my chances with a vaccine, any vaccine in fact, rather than risk living with a handicap that i could have prevented with a simple vaccine.
Good luck.

Dec 11, 2020, 3:26 PM

I will be right behind you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 3:27 PM

I will be right behind you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 3:29 PM

No, I will be behind YOU...

Dec 11, 2020, 4:53 PM

T will take it the minute I can!

Is there one that cures garnet?

Dec 11, 2020, 5:14 PM

One can wish............

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 8:42 PM

Sign me up. I’ll wait in a long line if I have to. I’ve taken care of too many dying patients who regretted their decisions to not take care of their health. I’m
Not going to be one of them. The risk of death or lasting effects from Covid may be low, but it’s 100% when it’s you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic