Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Recruiting at an elite level? Yes, but "the best is yet to come"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

New Story: Recruiting at an elite level? Yes, but "the best is yet to come"

Apr 13, 2017, 8:05 AM

Recruiting at an elite level? Yes, but "the best is yet to come"

The national narrative has changed, and it changed quicker than I thought. The news surrounding Clemson’s football recruiting has been mostly good for the past week, and it’s easy for those of us who follow the program on a daily basis to keep up with just how good things happen to be at the moment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great read!

Apr 13, 2017, 8:15 AM

I bet sitting on that bus in 2016 after the loss to Alabama was a bit bittersweet.....but also kind of satisfying because the Tigers proved they deserved to be there. They changed the narrative that day.

The best is yet to come!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great read!

Apr 13, 2017, 11:46 AM

Yep, can't wait to see how the 2018 recruiting class unfolds at 2018 signing day!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really good article... and a nice way to start the day.***

Apr 13, 2017, 8:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Recruiting at an elite level? Yes, but "the best is yet to come"

Apr 13, 2017, 8:18 AM

Great article, can't wait to see what this recruiting class will do. Also love when people outside of the ACC get cocky pregame only to be proven wrong time after time after time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David should have told those....

Apr 13, 2017, 8:20 AM

bama and buckeye punks (in the words of Kevin Hart)..."You gon learn today!"

Yep...***

Apr 13, 2017, 8:36 AM

Apr 13, 2017, 8:22 AM

Great article as always

Apr 13, 2017, 8:29 AM

;)

Apr 13, 2017, 8:35 AM

Mid West(Big 10 and the Pope's Pupils) football is fat, slow, whinny, and very overrated.

Bobby Bowden proved it years ago by putting 50+ on the working boots in the little big house.

Slow and in the snow - bucs, working boots, and bb heads.

Goosebumps!

Apr 13, 2017, 8:39 AM

Nice

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Great Read!

Apr 13, 2017, 9:01 AM

I envy the members of the Clemson media because they get to watch the National Media eat crow, in person, right after the Tigers prove them wrong time and time again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Great Read!

Apr 13, 2017, 11:53 AM

I bet them sumbitches are just as smug while eating crow bc they will come up with a wealth of reason why they loss and Clemson won. And in those reasons, the top reason will be bc of what they didn't do, and it had nothing to do with what Clemson done....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That story was so nice, I read it twice!

Apr 13, 2017, 9:10 AM

Suck on that Bologna Sandwich - You Big Ten Blow Hard!

Dang dude, that gave me chills.....***

Apr 13, 2017, 9:10 AM

Re: Dang dude, that gave me chills.....***

Apr 13, 2017, 12:28 PM

Agreed. Fully up and down each arm. It's been great for Tiger fans in recent years, but now ... I'm not sure words can describe.

Outstanding.

Apr 13, 2017, 9:11 AM

??

We develope mentally too. There's a lot to be said for believing in yourself***

Apr 13, 2017, 9:17 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Spot the ball! Well...let's get a QB ready first.***

Apr 13, 2017, 9:24 AM

David, I've had similar experiences talking with folks. The

Apr 13, 2017, 9:28 AM

common theme that I see is that everyone spewing nonsense have never seen the Tigers play. If and when they do actually see the Tigers in action, there is no longer any disagreement.

Re: David, I've had similar experiences talking with folks. The

Apr 13, 2017, 10:16 AM

You hit the nail on the head. All the natioanl media ever looks at is Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, FSU, USC (in California), Notre Dame and one or two others. They are too lazy or biased to do their homework on the others. Too bad for them. They are missing out on a lot of good football.

Great read. I love the insight. I've been saying all year

Apr 13, 2017, 9:29 AM

That the Big 10 was waaaay too over rated. I was absolutely appalled that these "experts" even put teams like ND and OU in the top 10. based on what??? History? These guys baffle me. My SEC cousins laughed at me when we hired Dabo. I told them then they better watch out because they have no idea what we have. Dabo has done more with less until this point. (developing and discovering talent). Wait until we get the DW's of the world at every position. Best is yet to come for sure.

Re:We are also developing players better than anyone which

Apr 13, 2017, 9:30 AM

is why our recruiting is getting better and better; more and more prospects are realizing that their best chance of getting to the NFL is via Clemson.

Apr 13, 2017, 10:03 AM

Fantastic read. There's something very satisfying about seeing outsiders scoff at Clemson, only to realize how wrong they were after the game.

Apr 13, 2017, 10:09 AM

That was really good. Nikki must have had a hand in it.

The narrative has changed...

Apr 13, 2017, 10:33 AM

And I almost regret it. I have thoroughly enjoyed pre-game chats with fans from Oklahoma, Ohio State and Alabama over the past 3-4 years. Of them all, I'd say the Oklahoma guys were the worst. The last time we were in the Orange Bowl with them, they persisted with their "Clemson is over-rated" mantra well into the 3rd quarter. When they snuck out in the 4th, they were quite and introspective. Alabama fans have always been smug. In Phoenix, I actually felt they were more genuinely concerned they could lose than this year in Tampa. My experience in Tampa was like I was some poor relative at the family reunion sitting with a rich distant uncle... condescendingly tolerated like an amusing dog that could count. The Bama fans in my hotel that were nodding and smiling pre-game were silent and in a hurry that next morning. They looked like zombies... very confused. I relished it all.

But, I think those interactions will be limited for the next several years. Anybody that dismisses Clemson will be (rightfully) viewed as an idiot. We've arrived. The fans know it and the recruits know it. And the media is catching on as well. Too many people made money off of ESPN owning the SEC to be unbiased. But since the ACC smacked everyone in football last year, we're starting to see defectors that are concerned about credibility more than continuing the PR campaign of the mothership.

It's a good time to be a Tiger.

Great article, David. I love your stories on your interactions with other media from our opponents.

Re: The narrative has changed...

Apr 13, 2017, 10:53 AM

ACC- Champs in football, basketball and maybe Clemson can make it a tri-fecta in baseball. :)

Great Article***

Apr 13, 2017, 10:39 AM

Apr 13, 2017, 11:10 AM

Should have posted those peoples names that could only talk the talk , and not walk the walk..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your best article to date!

Apr 13, 2017, 11:14 AM

Keep up the good work

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Apr 13, 2017, 11:57 AM

ELITE indeed. Nice post Hood! ????

Apr 13, 2017, 12:11 PM

A lot more to "elite" in college football than stars! "Family fit" is a big deal. And just like soldiers, players play for the guy next to them. It's a team sport and Clemson staff excels in choosing who is team material & coaching up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This

Apr 13, 2017, 12:42 PM

Is what makes me proud of TigerNet. Great job David Hood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here in Clemmons/Winston-Salem we have lots of Tiger fans

Apr 13, 2017, 12:48 PM

And many Ohio State fans too. They are more cocky than the Alabama fans. We had three families that are big OSU fans that laughed at the fact Clemson would make it back to the playoff last year.

They said OSU would have beat the Tide in 2016 when we lost. The two weeks before our playoff game they were talking about how many touchdowns they would beat us by and never gave a thought that we could play on their level.

I tried to tell them we had a good chance to win and they all laughed and got mad. After they lost 31-0 they wouldn't look at me and hardly talked to me like I did it. They blamed it on their QB having a bad game.

It's so awesome to know we are recruiting on level or better this year because our coaches have done such a good job developing so called lesser talent I can't imagine how dominant we will be with equal or better talent.

The best is yet to come!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Here in Clemmons/Winston-Salem we have lots of Tiger fans

Apr 13, 2017, 4:54 PM

I too have had several Ohio State fans tell me their QB had an off night. I like to remind them that our D line had a lot to do with his bad night!!!!

Re: Here in Clemmons/Winston-Salem we have lots of Tiger fans

Apr 13, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Here in Clemmons/Winston-Salem we have lots of Tiger fans ]

I too have had several Ohio State fans tell me their QB had an off night. I like to remind them that our D line had a lot to do with his bad night!!!!

So true, bottom line is this staff has the ability to turn..

Apr 13, 2017, 12:58 PM

...3-4 star talent into 5 star players. Haven't really been able to say that since the Ford era.

Article of the year!

Apr 13, 2017, 1:12 PM

Nice job David ??

Boom!!!***

Apr 13, 2017, 1:29 PM

The national media is starting to see maybe, but they

Apr 13, 2017, 1:48 PM

don't get it yet. If they did Watson wouldn't be talked about like he is not an elite QB. Does he have things he needs to work on? Sure, so did Manning when he came out but I think his career turned out ok.

When they all see DW succeed it will only add to our recruiting prowess.

So the Nutnecklace said

Apr 13, 2017, 2:12 PM

"I didn't think Clemson was all that good until I saw them in pregame warmups." Didn't do his homework, did he?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nice*

Apr 13, 2017, 2:58 PM

Apr 13, 2017, 3:06 PM

One of the best articles I've read on Tigernet, ever.

Amen.***

Apr 13, 2017, 6:14 PM

Apr 13, 2017, 9:16 PM

We just keep on very quietly going about the business of getting great young men, who also have good skills, good morals and a sound work ethic. Then our coaches instill even more values and technique, and they become even better winners (in football and in life). Then they have tremendous success on the field and in their careers. There are some who take notice but so many others still ignore the truth and pay attention to the media hype. The players we get are a cut above, and "little old Clemson" will continue to surprise those idiots who don't understand that "there is something special in those hills". God is great, and Clemson has been blessed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent read.***

Apr 14, 2017, 8:08 PM

Excellent write-up. I love the personal stories.

Apr 15, 2017, 4:44 AM

I love reading all of your stuff, but this is one of my favorite articles that you've written. It was great how you included all the personal stories into the narrative about Clemson's rise to the elite level.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic