Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So tired of hypocrite usuc fans.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

So tired of hypocrite usuc fans.

Jan 6, 2014, 9:20 AM

It's ok for the ol ball sack to take a jab at Clemson in the first statement of his post bowl conference, but Dabo can't fire back?

Clemson can't refer to the history of the rivalry, however, somehow using coot logic they have convinced themselves that they can talk about the past 5 years and it doesn't count as history.

Can't have it both ways coots.

If you would like to bring up the past 5 years I will gladly let you know that it will STILL take 23 STRAIGHT wins to TIE the series.

Every dog has their day but history is history. And history says we OWN this rivalry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: So tired of hypocrite usuc fans.

Jan 6, 2014, 9:25 AM

On Columbia sports talk they were calling him "Blabo"...They are jealous and cannot stand it....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2014, 11:49 AM

We are as jealous of Dabo as you were of Lou Holtz. We love our rival having a coach who can't beat us. I'm actually an IPTAY member because I love to go to the ACC basketball tournament and get good parking every other year when I come up there. Never been prouder of how Clemson used that money than when Dabo's contract got extended.

Just so you know, you can say anything you want about the history of the rivalry. Obviously, the last 5 years is more important to us. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to grasp that on your own. And yes, Spurrier runs off at the mouth as well, at least he doesn't need queue cards to do it.

You do realize our current winning streak

Jan 6, 2014, 9:26 AM

Is at 5 games. Notice how it is current which would make it the present not the past.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Anything that happened before today is History.

Jan 6, 2014, 9:28 AM

his·to·ry
?hist(?)r?/Submit
noun
noun: history; plural noun: histories
the study of past events, particularly in human affairs.
"medieval European history"
synonyms: the past, former times, historical events, the olden days, the old days, bygone days, long ago, yesterday, antiquity; More
the past considered as a whole.
"letters that have changed the course of history"
synonyms: background, past, life story, biography, experiences, backstory; More
the whole series of past events connected with someone or something.
"the history of Aegean painting"
an eventful past.
"the group has quite a history"
a past characterized by a particular thing.
"his family had a history of insanity"
a continuous, typically chronological, record of important or public events or of a particular trend or institution.
"a history of the labor movement"
synonyms: chronicle, archive, record, diary, report, narrative, account, study, tale, story, saga; More

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: Anything that happened before today is History.

Jan 6, 2014, 9:47 AM

The streak is an on going event...not a past event. We are still making history, you guys are still living in it....big difference. It was a good win for Clemson though.

so the game 5 years ago isnt a past event? have you guys

Jan 6, 2014, 9:55 AM

really made yourselves believe that?

Re: so the game 5 years ago isnt a past event? have you guys

Jan 6, 2014, 11:28 AM

You aren't suggesting South Carolina is using revisionist history are you?

That would never happen...

I just love how he won't respond to actual logic....***

Jan 6, 2014, 11:48 AM

Re: I just love how he won't respond to actual logic....***

Jan 6, 2014, 7:14 PM

If we win next year the streak will grow, to 6. it could grow to 7, 8, 10 etc, or it could stop at 5. as long as it there is a possibility for it to grow/change it is ongoing.

Re: I just love how he won't respond to actual logic....***

Jan 6, 2014, 8:03 PM

So is the streak of not winning a Championship. Other than the 1 ACC championship, (which South Carolina fans claim the ACC wasn't good enough for them) the championship streak is 100+ years strong.

Re: so the game 5 years ago isnt a past event? have you guys

Jan 6, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to so the game 5 years ago isnt a past event? have you guys ]

If a USC fan were to specifically brag about the 2009 game, yes THAT would be history.

If the same fan gives you grief about a 5 game streak, that streak is current. So, that is NOT history.

Right now, there is no reason for Gamecock fans to point to a game from 2 to 5 years ago. Maybe Dabo can make some cutting remarks about the 2008 game.

History, according to a "Cootionary"...

Jan 6, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Anything that happened before today is History. ]

No, no, no -- a "cootionary" is used to define history, championship, speeding/reckless driving, etc. etc when communicating with Scar!

None of this Webster's or any other universally-recognized dictionary for definitions.... ;)

Don't confuse a coot with education, their little peanut….

Jan 6, 2014, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Anything that happened before today is History. ]

brains can't process the info.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize that the CURRENT series record is

Jan 6, 2014, 9:29 AM [ in reply to You do realize our current winning streak ]

65-42-4 CLEMSON.

I can play that game as well. Good try though.

Re: You do realize our current winning streak

Jan 6, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to You do realize our current winning streak ]

Notice we don't give a #### about your winning streak. We have bigger chickens I mean fish to fry. Every year we have gotten better. Next year we are going to do even more. Enjoy your 5 in a row and I will enjoy the BCS Orange Bowl victory. By the way whats in your wallet? LMFAO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2014, 10:09 AM

I don't know about the wallet but we got Clemson in our back pocket.....I am enjoying the 5 years...thank you. The SEC money and exposure is nice too....and don't forget the SEC Network....wow. Enjoy your Orange Bowl win...and thanks again.

Enjoy your SEC coattail getting cut short.

Jan 6, 2014, 10:18 AM

The shine is off a bit and is gonna be tarnished some more tonight.

lulz

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: You do realize our current winning streak ]

If FSU wins the national championship, all national eyes will be on the ACC next year. (following the Noles)

I'm not sure what good an SEC network is going to do...

Jan 6, 2014, 11:38 AM

Go Noles!

UNCONQUERED

Jan 6, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: You do realize our current winning streak ]

All eyes are going to be on the ACC watching the Noles...now that's funny.It is the only team that will be relevant though. Clemson will be rebuilding and Strong just took off to Texas now that Bridgewater is gone. I guess the Noles are it....nothing else. I am sure the nation will look at the ACC because of ONE team. Right.....

Jan 6, 2014, 2:23 PM

The nation follows the national champion.

How much press did Alabama get before they lost to Auburn?

It switched to FSU pretty quickly after the loss.

I didn't hear anything about Alabama (after the loss to Auburn) until they lost again in their bowl game to OU.

Still worshipping us I see, GEDof09***

Jan 6, 2014, 6:29 PM [ in reply to You do realize our current winning streak ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2014, 9:29 AM

That is most certainly all true. However, to an 18 year old recruit, their history is mostly concerned with the previous 2 or 3 years. Credit Dabo for continuing to have better recruiting classes so far, during this 5 year stretch of losing to his rival, but he needs to put the brakes on this skid before recruiting suffers.

National Champions of Bowl Season!

Jan 6, 2014, 9:31 AM

Do y'all get a trophy for that? I'm sure some type of rings or pendents right? Definitely need a banner a WBS. What an accomplishment!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National Champions of Bowl Season!

Jan 6, 2014, 9:33 AM

Can't win a championship, so sos makes up one.

would that many letters fit on their rings?***

Jan 6, 2014, 9:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 6, 2014, 9:38 AM [ in reply to National Champions of Bowl Season! ]

What does that even mean? I don't get it. They won a Bowl game. How does that make them the national champions of bowl season? I don't even understand what that means. I need an explanation of that. What a stupid comment.

Jan 6, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to National Champions of Bowl Season! ]

We don't have any fingers left to put rings on....oh wait...we still have the other hand...never mind.

Room for 4th place rings. SWEET!***

Jan 6, 2014, 10:19 AM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw the Jostens guys designing the coots a new

Jan 6, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to National Champions of Bowl Season! ]

"championship" medallion for them to wear on their chains. One side is a chicken with its thumbfeather up its egg shooter, and the other side looks like the new Quicksilver card from Capital One.

All of the medallions come "pre-distressed" with a few nicks and chunks missing due to stray gunfire, and also have the serial numbers filed off ahead of time for that authentic Columbia ghetto/pawn shop feel.

;)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

DA COOT

Jan 6, 2014, 9:33 AM

You left out the longest "CURRENT" streak!!

44 years with no conference trophy!! Enjoy your five, but if you ever want to see a REAL trophy case, it won't be in columbia

If it didn't happen in the last five years it didn't happen

Jan 6, 2014, 9:36 AM

at all. In their minds Kennedy is still alive and we're still locked in a cold was with the USSR.

RE: National Champions of Bowl Season

Jan 6, 2014, 9:50 AM

Spurrier made it up. Just some good old coot logic from the old ball sac himself.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can't handle it.

Jan 6, 2014, 10:22 AM

While NO ONE likes their little streak, the last 3 losses have been made a little easier with what happened each year after the game. They're used to losing , going into the off season with a crappy record and being DOMINATED be their rival. They just can't understand why Clemson fans don't feel as bad.

After the game in
2011 ACC Champions for the first time in twenty 20.
2012 Take down a draftee laden LSU team in the Peach Bowl
2013 OSU and the ONLY SC school to ever WIN a BCS bowl

They like to say a BCS bowl is not important and the conference restrictions kept them out. H3LL NO,not TRUE.

BCS games are so important that every single coach in college football has it written i contract that their bonus is about 4 times larger just for reaching one. then 3 times larger than that for winning it.

Then they are too stupid to realize that a loss to a bowl non qualifier cost them a spot in the SECCG and a shot at the MNC. They probably could have gotten Auburn this year, next without any injuries, Gus and Ellis will own the SEC in their second year.

65-42-4 is current

Jan 6, 2014, 10:28 AM

Right up to this very moment.

I caught coot radio

Jan 6, 2014, 10:35 AM

This morning, and I don't know the guys name, but he's a former sports guy on one of the Columbia local channels, and a self admitted #### fan(snicker).

What he basically said on air was that dabo was an "arrogant spoiled" jerk. He mentioned nothing about spurrier. I guess obs is pure class, even though the entire nation thinks otherwise.

##### are also riled up over a recent article Morris did in thestate paper describing how the rivalry game is now the coots Super Bowl whereas before spurrier arrived he tried to downplay the significance. He has changed his tune for certain.

Dandy dozen class is gone, our recruits are better, new QB that hopefully plays better than Tajh. We've won the lines of scrimmage vs coots but it's time to win the game.

I guess their logic is the 5 straight is a current streak

Jan 6, 2014, 11:37 AM

and is ongoing until they lose. Then it will be history. However, by that logic, talking about the overall record is not talking about history because it is the current record of the rivalry.

had my first usuc fan encounter today in a few years

Jan 6, 2014, 2:30 PM

other than facebook which is barely any because I delete people that only talk trash to me. They just said you can win all the bowl games you want but we will just put up our hand. I just smirked because once their little streak ends they will have absolutely nothing to say to us.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 6, 2014, 6:12 PM

What ya'll don't understand is that we know the history of our program which makes the winning streak all that much sweeter. While you brag about beating a team that was lucky to finish with a winning record for most of our years we are beating one of the best Clemson teams in your history. One ACC title, one division title (and one with an * by it LOL), and a BCS championship all while loosing to the Coots.

And for Dabo's response to Spurrier he's right, we have never won a BCS game or even been to one so bragging rights for that belong to you and bragging rights for the State belong to us. I like the fact that Dabo's firing back at Spurrier, it helps make the rivalry fun.

I like the little jabs back and forth from both of them

Jan 6, 2014, 6:40 PM

even though Dabo doesn't think it is a rivalry, it makes life a little more fun.

I agree CU OWNS the series, however, these players and coaches have experienced the exact opposite.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic