Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So some people want to change the National Anthem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

So some people want to change the National Anthem

Jun 25, 2020, 6:38 PM

Seriously? How silly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So some people want to change the National Anthem

Jun 25, 2020, 7:08 PM

It’s gotten to the point that there’s absolutely nothing these fools can do that would shock me.

Rename Washington State to

Jun 25, 2020, 7:18 PM

Leningrad!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rename Washington State to

Jun 25, 2020, 8:56 PM

I believe "Stalingrad" might be the more appropriate name.

Well they have a statue of Lenin in Seattle

Jun 26, 2020, 7:47 AM

Nobody is taking it down!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 7:16 PM

“Land of the free and the home of the brave”. Maybe once upon a time long, long ago but certainly not anymore.

Jun 25, 2020, 7:22 PM

I’m really concerned because they are not going to stop. Can anybody give me one example in history where communism has stopped it’s advance without being stopped?

Jun 25, 2020, 10:11 PM

I cringe thinking of Joe Biden in the Oval Office if we get into military conflict with China. He would be looking for

A CNN reporter looked at Biden with that Joe Joe look at the teleprompters, stay with Joe. She ask about wearing mask. He goes off about kids wearing a mask walking around with baseballs because they don’t like to hit. She had blank stare into the camera. She is probably thinking where does he think he is. Biden was referring to a catchers mask. Not mask for protection against the CoVid Virus which was what her question was about.

Jun 26, 2020, 3:29 AM [ in reply to Re: So some people want to change the National Anthem ]

In 1991 the USSR changing into a democratic Russia. But unfortunately greed and corruption has led to just Putin in charge.

Jun 26, 2020, 8:01 AM

Putin=KGB=Communist=Putin=Power=Fake Elections=Putin=President For Life=Dictator=Democracy Never Had A Chance In Russia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: So some people want to change the National Anthem ]

"Land of the Free"... the place where you can post on social media your uneducated opinion on things you never knew, or heard about in the first place. "Home of the brave"... the "safe space" you run to after someone smarter than you tries to edify and reply with a contrary opinion.

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 25, 2020, 7:39 PM

Oh we gotta do it because they said so.....right el presidenta Clements?

Jun 25, 2020, 7:56 PM

Home of the hypercritical and hypersensitive pansies

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jun 25, 2020, 8:24 PM

We will officially lose this country in November unless some of our left-wing sympathizers grow a set!

next the flag will be changed***

Jun 25, 2020, 8:46 PM

Re: next the flag will be changed***

Jun 25, 2020, 9:07 PM

A legislator has already said if the Dems win the house and the senate he will introduce a bill to get rid of the American Flag. This legislator then said no one would miss it 3 or 4 years from now.

It’s time to stop it now.

Stop. Watching. Fox. News.

Jun 26, 2020, 8:52 AM

That isn't even remotely true.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 9:21 PM [ in reply to next the flag will be changed*** ]

Yes, the thirteen stripes represent colonialism at its worst. You know - religious freedom and economic opportunity? What a shame! Not to mention a back-handed salute to the one country that made it possible? We can't rewrite history based on current retrospective analysis, or opinions. It happened, we changed things, and we are here as the greatest nation on earth.

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 25, 2020, 9:59 PM

That's bc we were able to change freely by voting for what we were comfortable with in a democratic free nation. The majority wins, and rightfully so!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 10:58 PM

let's hope that elections going forward are still relatively accurate and honest.our country's survival depends on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'm not in favor of changing it now but.....

Jun 25, 2020, 8:51 PM

I do think America the Beautiful is a better song and describes our country in a better way.

Re: I'm not in favor of changing it now but.....

Jun 25, 2020, 9:53 PM

I’ve thought this for a long time. It’s more melodic, easy to sing, and paints very vivid and meaningful pictures. Our current anthem requires quite the range to sing, uses words that are hard to relate to, and especially when some people sing it, it’s too long.

I’ve always thought the same. I certainly don’t want it changed

Jun 25, 2020, 10:03 PM [ in reply to I'm not in favor of changing it now but..... ]

in response to the childish demands of a bunch of unstable wackos, but America the Beautiful always struck me as a more fitting anthem for our country.

null

America the Beautiful is totally unacceptable.

Jun 25, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to I'm not in favor of changing it now but..... ]

America, Aemrica, God shed His grace on thee.

You can't have a song that mentions God, much less talking about His grace on America.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 9:03 PM

Once the rock starts rolling down the hill it’s very difficult to stop its destruction. That’s why appeasement never works. You give that mile and you end up giving and giving trying to keep the peace. Then you are eventually backed into a corner you have to fight like he$$ to get out of.

It’s the National Anthem today and the American Flag tomorrow. Then what’s next??

I say it time to stop the appeasement and fight if we must. This may be an unpopular opinion but if history tells anything it tells us sooner or later we will have fight for what we believe in.

Jun 25, 2020, 11:04 PM

what's next?a stalinist,maoist dictatorship.not sure the "protesters realize what they're trying to lead the rest of us into.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 26, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: So some people want to change the National Anthem ]

First, they came for the man in the next block, I said nothing, then they came for the man down the street, I said nothing, then they came for the man across the street, I said nothing, then they came for the man next door, I said nothing, now they have come for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 9:36 PM

United States of the Offended

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

The third verse is kind of strange

Jun 25, 2020, 11:11 PM

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Most of the idiot Trumpers who are pissing and moaning don't even know the full first verse. I don't either, but I'm not a ####### Trumper.

WoW, the Star Spangle Banner is racist!

Jun 26, 2020, 3:37 AM

I never new the third verse either but boy that really shows the mentality of Americans!

"In the third verse, Key had a special message for the enslaved people who had dared to fight for freedom—we will pursue you to get revenge: No refuge could save the hireling and slave. from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave. And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave."

If our forefathers would have addressed this we would not be dealing with this now. We need to make changes now so we don't just pass the problems on to the next generations. America would be a better place.

Re: The third verse is kind of strange

Jun 26, 2020, 6:16 AM [ in reply to The third verse is kind of strange ]

Did you really just imply that it’s inexcusable for “Trumpers” to not know the third verse but ok for you?? Yes you did!

Yes. But I bothered to look into it

Jun 26, 2020, 8:16 AM

A typical Trumper would not.

Re: Yes. But I bothered to look into it

Jun 26, 2020, 8:54 AM

When did you look it up ? This week when you are looking for things to be offended by?

I looked it up when I read the story

Jun 26, 2020, 5:44 PM

You ask some dumb ####### questions.

I've always thought Irving Berlin's "God Bless America"

Jun 26, 2020, 6:37 AM

would be a better National Anthem than the Star Spangled Banner. Considering it was written by some old white guy and thanks God, it won't stand a chance with the woke Marxist mob...

Re: I've always thought Irving Berlin's "God Bless America"

Jun 26, 2020, 7:27 AM

You know something tabbyplague you gave me a thought. I wish Trump would propose changing the anthem to America the Besutiful because of the current anthems third verse. The Democrats would vehemently oppose the reference to God in America the Beautiful. Let’s continue to expose them for who they are. Let’s give Americans a clear choice. You want Marxism or do you want freedom?

So, your religion should be the law?

Jun 26, 2020, 8:55 AM

Gotcha.

So you aren't for the freedom you claim to stand for...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, your religion should be the law?

Jun 26, 2020, 9:01 AM

What are you talking about? Good grief. Gotcha my rear end!!

Without the hokey "God Bless America"

Jun 27, 2020, 12:36 AM [ in reply to I've always thought Irving Berlin's "God Bless America" ]

we wouldn't have "This Land is Your Land." That man really cared about defeating fascism when many false patriots were just mouthing the words. The jingoists and chauvinists will never understand that symbols, flags, and all the superficial crap don't mean a #### thing. Actions do.

I'v wanted it changed to 'America the Beautiful,' since...

Jun 26, 2020, 5:08 PM

I was a child. I like the SSB but this is my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would listen on changing it.

Jun 27, 2020, 6:19 AM

Not the greatest song, to me. I like "America the Beautiful" better.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic