Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So since Utah pewped the bed, if the faves win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 339

So since Utah pewped the bed, if the faves win

Dec 7, 2019, 12:17 PM

where are we likely to play if Ohio State is #1, LSU #2, us #3 and Oklahoma/Baylor winner #4? Do we get a Tiger/Tiger matchup in Atlanta? Or would Ohio State possibly get Atlanta draw since Norman/Waco are closer to Phoenix than Atlanta and they don't want to advantage the 4 seed?

I assume LSU would get Atlanta if they moved ahead of Ohio State for #1...so rooting for UGA to lose in a close game and Ohio State to blow out Wisconsin as I think most Tiger fans prefer Atlanta to Glendale?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To clarify, I'm well aware our most realistic way to ATL

Dec 7, 2019, 12:34 PM

is for UGA to beat LSU...but I would much rather our team have to travel to Glendale and SST have to watch on TV than to deal with UGA fans in Atlanta.

LOL, but would be so sweet to beat....

Dec 7, 2019, 12:44 PM

their ### in Atlanta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think OSU and LSU both have to lose for us to get ATL:

Dec 7, 2019, 1:17 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Playoff-picture-becomes-clearer-after-Utah-loss-1956653?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gracias...my thought process is that

Dec 7, 2019, 1:38 PM

although the committee doesn't want to "disadvantage the 1 seed" they have the ultimate say and there is a reasonable chance they put Ohio State/OU Baylor winner out in Glendale to make sure attendance will be better for both games overall.

I think there is a decent argument that Oklahoma/Baylor travelling to Atlanta instead Glendale is a marginal disadvantage and also Ohio State traveling to Glendale instead of Atlanta isn't much of a disadvantage either. Ohio State would have better attendance at either location imo.

I also think barring Ohio State upset or LSU absolutely blowing the doors off UGA, committee will put Ohio State #1...I don't agree with it but them moving up Wisconsin to #8 before this game stunk of them looking for a cheap way to justify Ohio State staying at #1

I think #1 seed gets to pick.

Dec 7, 2019, 1:40 PM

tOSU prob picks ATL unless they are playing us, UGa or LSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right they do. ******

Dec 7, 2019, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quick google search says committee has final say

Dec 7, 2019, 1:46 PM [ in reply to I think #1 seed gets to pick. ]

When assigning teams to sites, the committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed.

But in practice, I do believe they have allowed the #1 team

Dec 7, 2019, 3:02 PM

to pick.

there was a huge discussion on TI about this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think so or at least I can’t find it anywhere in

Dec 7, 2019, 1:57 PM [ in reply to I think #1 seed gets to pick. ]

writing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do agree with you though that if UGA wins

Dec 7, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to I think OSU and LSU both have to lose for us to get ATL: ]

we draw them out in Phoenix, which seems counterintuitive to my previous post but I think the committee wants to avoid gifting UGA two Atlanta games in a row

Also if UGA wins and they are 3 and LSU 4

Dec 7, 2019, 2:03 PM

, and OSU wins and is 1, LSU and OSU are about the same distance from ATL, but LSU is much closer to Phoenix.

And to throw us all for a loop, there’s a chance UGA wins

Dec 7, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I do agree with you though that if UGA wins ]

but remains at 4 with LSU 3, because they have a bad coot loss but LSU’s loss is to the #4 team in a de-facto home game for UGA.

Replies: 12
| visibility 339
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic