Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So sick of people saying the playoff committee got it wrong.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So sick of people saying the playoff committee got it wrong.

Jan 9, 2016, 2:26 PM

The committee has been in existence for two seasons, and by Monday night, one of the teams they selected will have "won it all" both years.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Lol ! It will be that way every time !***

Jan 9, 2016, 2:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being selected for the playoff increases one's odds of

Jan 9, 2016, 2:28 PM

winning the playoff dramatically.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

man, they're good.***

Jan 9, 2016, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Lol ! It will be that way every time !*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they don't get nearly enough credit for being right.***

Jan 9, 2016, 2:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be hard for a team they didn't select, to win it!***

Jan 9, 2016, 2:30 PM

Not really that hard.

Jan 9, 2016, 2:32 PM

According to ESPN, it's ACC VS SEC. So if Tigers win every team in the ACC wins and if Bama wins every team in the SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is saying that? I have yet to hear anyone say it.***

Jan 9, 2016, 2:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't argue with the top seed.

Jan 9, 2016, 2:40 PM

It's a little hard to say a team that won them all doesn't belong. After several months of ESPiN pushing Bama as the best team in the country and about a month of them flirting with the idea that this is Bama's best and Saban is probably the best ever college football coach I'm now thinking Bama might deserve a seed.

I think they might have slipped up a bit with the last two seeds but it seems they stuck with the outline they laid out for selected the final four.

I tell you this though, they need to quit that multiple teams from the same conference in their rankings. That chit needs to stop and ESPiN needs to quit pushing 10 SEC teams in the preseason top 25. As if that will ever happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never thought I'd say this but ...

Jan 9, 2016, 2:53 PM

I'm liking the 4 teams bc so far at least, it eliminates the two teams from the same conference from getting in. I don't like that it excludes one power 5 champ though, but is better than having 8. We all know if you go to 8 teams the media will definitely get 2 if not 3 SEC teams in the top eight in most years. I never want to see that. If you can't win your own conference you should not be vying for the natty, plain and simple. It still bothers me that the ACC champ will have to be undefeated most years to get in while a 2 loss SEC team will almost always get in. Clemson can do a lot to change that though by winning it all Monday night. If we do we'll gain a lot of respect in future years, which could mean a big difference between us getting in with one loss vs being on outside looking in.

Re: I never thought I'd say this but ...

Jan 9, 2016, 3:12 PM

A simple solution. Take all D1 teams divide them into 8 conferences. Shorten season so your not adding more games. If you win your conference your in if not your out. You could do it so those in championship game still play 16 games. No controversy win your conference if you want in.

Re: I never thought I'd say this but ...

Jan 9, 2016, 3:56 PM

The SEC will never go for that one!

I agree!

Jan 9, 2016, 3:12 PM [ in reply to I never thought I'd say this but ... ]

Liked 8 at first but seeing as it prevents 5 SEC teams from getting in the playoffs, I like 4!

Re: I agree!

Jan 9, 2016, 3:14 PM

Are Ohio State fans claiming another natty?

They did get it wrong...should of just given the title to the Tigers!***

Jan 9, 2016, 4:03 PM

I have not heard that from anyone other than osu fans***

Jan 9, 2016, 4:10 PM

Re: So sick of people saying the playoff committee got it wrong.

Jan 9, 2016, 4:15 PM

Interestingly enough is - If there was NO PLAYOFF like it was only 2 years ago - then CLEMSON would still have to play Bammer in their bowl game. Both teams would not have had to waste their time playing those other two teams, and CLEMSON would already be the National Champion. :)

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic