Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So please tell me how it matters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,433

So please tell me how it matters

Jul 9, 2020, 4:36 PM

Whether you play 8, 9 or 10 games when the same number (and frequently many of the same people) are being exposed to this virus, which is why I assume they're limiting the number of games? If it's bad enough to limit games, is it not bad enough to cancel games? If we're limiting it due to the money, then why is money more important than the public healthy? And if it is about money, then what about games like Clemson/SC, UGa/GT, and other big non-conference rivalries?

Continuing the grand 2020 pattern of not making any sense or having any consistency.....

If you really, seriously don't want to get pregnant because doing so could jeopardize her life, you don't have sex at all, right? You don't just limit it to weekends, or every other weekend, or whatever. You say we're not having any sex at all b/c we could get pregnant. Best example I could come up with... sorry! :P

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So please tell me how it matters

Jul 9, 2020, 5:18 PM

Using your example, I'd say limiting to conference games is akin to using a condom whilst having the intercourse.

You won't get the best experience but its better than nothing. The protection isn't perfect, but if used properly offers a reasonable amount of protection.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 5:21 PM

This might be said for the mask argument also. But what do I know I have a five month old baby at age 55.

Whaaaaaaat?

Jul 9, 2020, 5:29 PM

55 years old and a baby??

Congrats?!? I'm 50, I couldn't imagine.

Jul 9, 2020, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So please tell me how it matters ]

Wow, you da man. Hats off to you and your new baby.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: So please tell me how it matters ]

My pops had me at 50 and somehow I turned out somewhat normal. Sort of .Congrats

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, that's a poor analogy. Are only ACC teams

Jul 9, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: So please tell me how it matters ]

more likely not to have the virus? 3-4 less games per year scattered through the season isn't going to do anything.

As a matter of fact, it may give the student athlete more time off, to attend parties and get it.

This is kind of like wearing a face mask. It kind of helps reduce the spread, but in the end, it's more about making you feel better.

Jul 9, 2020, 6:55 PM

I think the reason is the ACC would set certain guidelines based on attendance, cleaning, testing, etc...that they can make sure the schools within the conference are following. They don’t have any authority to ensure those sane guidelines are done by out of conference schools.

Jul 9, 2020, 8:33 PM

There’s no way that the smaller schools on our out of conference schedule can afford to test at the same level that we will. We can’t be comfortable (to the extent that we are with conference teams) that the players on the other side of the line are not infected. It’s like my mom used to say when I left the house, “I’m not worried about you it’s all those other crazies out there that I’m worried about.”

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 6:09 AM

So it's not about the potential risk of virus spread to the 81K fans at the game? Its about the potential for a potentially infected asymptomatic football player from a school that has inadequate protocols for testing and isolation infecting other football players?

That doesn't sound quite right.... In all seriousness, I haven't seen anyone of the decision makers explain the thought process behind limiting the college football schedules to conference- only play. I can't seem to figure out this strategy.

Please share that or provide a link as this seems completely moronic and this level of stupid is driving me crazy!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,433
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic