Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article in Charlotte Observer about our schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Article in Charlotte Observer about our schedule

Apr 18, 2019, 5:56 AM

This was in the paper this morning. What do you think?
www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article229386754.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article in Charlotte Observer about our schedule

Apr 18, 2019, 5:59 AM

I don't know what the problem is. I can't get the link to work. Basically the article said we had the easiest schedule on the way to the playoffs and that our hardest game would be at USC. It said Alabama also played at USC, but that it would be their 5th hardest game.

Apr 18, 2019, 6:23 AM

While I do agree that Clemson has a very favorable schedule to get to the playoffs again, a lot of the difference is due to the typical over-hyping of all SEC teams this time of year. It seems every SEC team automatically starts out top 25 and then has to lose multiple games to fall out of it, while other conferences have to earn their way in. I also think they place too much value on playing a road game against ranked opponents. The ACC as whole really needs someone in addition to Clemson to step up next year and be top 15 caliber though. It will take an upset for either Clemson or Alabama to miss the playoffs this year, and that’s a great position to be in!

Apr 18, 2019, 7:25 AM

Yes, pre-season SOS is always dubious at best. You are always going to have over-hyped teams (Auburn) and sleeper teams (Syracuse). While the ACC is a one-team conference, the SEC is only two deep. Sorry LSU, you are out. It is Bammy and Georgia and maybe Florida lurking. Still Clemson cracked Bammy so it will be interesting to see if Saban can adapt to copy-cat plays. Still, it would be nice to have someone with a strong pulse in our conference but every team that tried to rival us is beaten for the next 2 years and struggling for bowl appearances (VT) or hiring a new coach (daU, UNCheat).

Apr 18, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Article in Charlotte Observer about our schedule ]

IMO this article is not too far off.
We can't be blamed the Fl.States, Miami, Va. Techs have fallen on hard times. Also that sec power(not) usc sux.
Most important is that we blow out whoever gets in the way following regular season!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta put on the hyperlink

Apr 18, 2019, 6:08 AM

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article229386754.html#storylink=sectionheadlines

Apr 18, 2019, 6:52 AM

The schedule is pretty soft, but it’s not like it was purposefully made that way. It is what it is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They know Alabama chose a soft non conference schedule

Apr 18, 2019, 7:15 AM

They are trying to deflect for old 44-16.

So maybe we should stop playing SEC teams

Apr 18, 2019, 7:33 AM

So Seth should we stop putting SEC chickens or Texas AM on schedule? We cannot help it if playing SEC chickens has not helped schedule strength lately

Apr 18, 2019, 7:33 AM

I'm pretty sure that Alabama could join the ACC if they wanted to, just as UofSuc joined the SEC years ago. UofSuc thought they could win titles too. Bama would stop winning titles if they switched to the ACC, and would not make the CFP for many years to come. They need to stay in their conference and continue to intimidate average teams like UGA, LSU, AU, and TAMU.

I'm just glad the Tigers don't have to play UVa....

Apr 18, 2019, 8:00 AM

we all saw what they did to the last SEC team they faced.....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, won by the same margin we did against the last SEC team we faced***

Apr 18, 2019, 9:34 AM

Apr 18, 2019, 8:26 AM

First of all i've never even heard of this guy and second the schedule isn't overly difficult but A&M and Syracuse are both better USuC.

Apr 18, 2019, 8:27 AM

I agree with most of this article but have two points I differ:

1 U of S5K is not our toughest opponent that would be either TA&M or The Orange.

2 Having the easiest path to the playoffs is not a problem for the returning National Champions

Maybe Clemson can add New Mexico State, Southern Miss

Apr 18, 2019, 9:07 AM

and Western Carolina to bring it in line with Alabama's.

Heck, throw in Arkansas for good measure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me get this staight, the toughest team on our schedule

Apr 18, 2019, 9:25 AM

lost it's last game by 28 points to Virginia? Right ESecPN

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Apr 18, 2019, 9:30 AM

No one had a problem with Notre Dames schedule last year.

If I remember correctly we heard this same argument before

Apr 18, 2019, 9:37 AM

the Notre Dame game. Where we didn't even play that good and still won by a ton, then if that wasn't proof enough we heard it again before we played the "Greatest College Football Team" ever and stomped them in the dirt.....

Reminds me of politics...doesn't matter whats proven or not, you still continue with the same talking points regardless.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic