Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So let me get this straight, in 2010 we were 6-7 and lost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

So let me get this straight, in 2010 we were 6-7 and lost

Sep 23, 2014, 4:59 PM

in the Tire Bowl. We were the 88th ranked offense in the country, and sometimes it was painful watching us trying to move the ball.

Since then we've won 10, 11, and 11 games. We finished in the top 10 twice and were the 26th, 9th, and 9th best offenses in the country.

We are what we are. We run the shotgun from anywhere on the field, even in the redzone and even within the opponent's 5-yard line. In fact, in the FSU game we scored two TDs inside the 5, once from the 2 and once from the 1, FROM THE SHOTGUN. When we tried it a third time we had a horribly timed bad snap. We ended up losing the game in spite of an awesome gameplan and beating the opponent every which way but the scoreboard...

... and now, all of sudden we need to fire the offensive coordinator??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So let me get this straight, in 2010 we were 6-7 and lost

Sep 23, 2014, 5:02 PM

Well put man!

youredoinitrite

Sep 23, 2014, 5:03 PM

Stanley

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Thanks man... wait, though?

Sep 23, 2014, 9:35 PM

I thought you said you were never going to post again after you were dead wrong about the Big 12? Whatever happened with that? Surely you're man enough to honor your word, right?

Your Buddy,
Every Single Poster Who Told You Didn't Know What You Were Talking About, And They Were Right.

Sep 23, 2014, 5:03 PM

You left out one KEY FACT; WE had 1st and goal on the 6 inch line after an offside penalty on FSU and tried to run it out of the gun on first down. No luck. Second down was the snap over Watson's head. 3rd down was a pass attempt that didn't click and fourth down was a missed FG. Big, Big difference in strategy.

YOU left out one KEY FACT

Sep 23, 2014, 9:35 PM

We scored on 2nd down.

Try again, ####.

The track record is there but I didn't understand Morris

Sep 23, 2014, 5:07 PM

saying he didn't trust Watson under center but then runs the first play of OT from under center. How many minutes of real time did Chad have to think about plays from the 25 in OT? At least 5 minutes or more as FSU was running out the clock, coin toss and TV commercials.

Just say, that's what we do and it has worked since I've been here.

Spurrier did the exact same thing last year at UGA and my coots got stuffed. I disagreed because we had success with Shaw running QB sneak.

It was his way of saying he was uncomfortable.

Sep 23, 2014, 9:37 PM

Watson agrees. No big deal whatsoever.

You miss the part about us scoring twice from the shotgun, inside the 2?

Fire him, no.. Shotgun package, yes. Also, based on

Sep 23, 2014, 5:09 PM

your own presentation, are you pleased with points, not just TD, but points on 50% of our possessions inside the 5?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No, I would like to score every possession.

Sep 23, 2014, 9:39 PM

Last year we were 24th in TD % inside the redzone. And 8th in scoring.

Not sure what you're getting at?

I agree with everything you said. Chad talks all the time

Sep 23, 2014, 9:49 PM

about wanting to be a power run team. Any talk of firing him is absurd, but not having a short yardage under center package is too. Heck, direct snap it to Flemming under center for all I care, but something. I loved how our boys played, but I also am not wrong to feel like there were times when something other than shotgun may have been a better idea.
I would find it surprising if you found that to be controversial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Again,

Sep 23, 2014, 9:59 PM

We scored twice inside the 2, IN THIS GAME ALONE. And we scored on the play just previous to the snap. You do realize teams fumble snaps from under center too, right? All the time.

We went from 86th in scoring in 2010, to 23rd in 2011, to 6th in 2012, to 8th in 2013.

It's what we do, and I think it works just fine.

Agree to disagree.. I dont come on tnet to battle..

Sep 23, 2014, 10:07 PM

I expect an occasional instance of not scoring inside the 5, but I'm sure that even the coaches expect higher than 50%.
Last year isn't relevant to this group on offense though I recognize it cannot be completely discounted either.
Again, nice post..

null

Again, I don't understand how you can "disagree" with the

Sep 24, 2014, 1:54 PM

facts? The facts are we scored twice inside the 5 already in the game, from the shotgun, we scored the play before, from the shotgun, and we've scored a gazillion times in the last 3 years, from inside the 5, in the shotgun.

No problem with agreeing to disagree, but I'm not sure I understand what you're disagreeing with?

It's all good. Go Tigers.

Re: Again, I don't understand how you can "disagree" with the

Sep 24, 2014, 2:22 PM

Way Dead Horse but... Understanding comes when you consider the difference between being inside the 5 (or even the 2) vs being inside the 1-foot line (or any situation where you need just inches). Getting a foot or less is very high percentage with a sneak. Not automatic, but very likely. And we had it inches from the goal line... on 2nd down. Shotgun from there was a bad idea. If Chad would have checked the text message I sent him, I had the right play call. Next time.

That said, anyone wanting to fire anyone is nuts. We are in a great position. Not just next year and beyond, but right now.

Re: I agree with everything you said. Chad talks all the time

Sep 23, 2014, 10:28 PM [ in reply to I agree with everything you said. Chad talks all the time ]

wasn't Choice a QB? Just saying. Put him under center for the sneak.

Sep 23, 2014, 5:10 PM

Well said. This place is a train wreck after a loss. It's a long season and there's plenty left on the table for this YOUNG football team. I'm going leave the coaching to the coaches, and continue being a fan and a proud supporter of Clemson athletics.

Ready for a night game at The Valley, and a beat down of U nCheat.

Go Tigers...

Dumpers, find something in life that makes you less miserable.

Sep 23, 2014, 10:26 PM

the heat of the moment and forget that college football is a game played by young men just out of high school, most of them still in their teens. They're competing and giving it their all.

When playing football, I learned how to be a fierce competitor and a good sport when we lost. If you can't let the last game go, you'll lose the next one too. Learn and move on. Same goes for us fans.

Come on tiger fans, we've got a great team this year and they're continuing to get better. Enjoy the ride.

There you go again trying to be logical with irrational....

Sep 23, 2014, 5:23 PM

...people.

Sorry...maybe don't even try 'cause you won't be changing their minds anytime soon.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to fire anyone. I am just tired

Sep 23, 2014, 6:19 PM

of losing the way we lose.We rarely ever get it all together against a quality opponent when it really matters. I'm sorry beating big name schools in bowl games is nice but not like beating them during the regular season.

I've probably given as much money and invested as much as emotionally as anyone that posts here and I don't think we'll ever take it to the next level. I don't know why. It is just Clemson, I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have no shot

Sep 23, 2014, 6:43 PM

this year and foreseeable future. hope you Cocklover get that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Wait, what way do we lose?

Sep 23, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to I don't want to fire anyone. I am just tired ]

The ONLY "quality" opponents we've been unable to beat have been the c0cks and the Noles. We've won a ton of big games with this offense. As many big games as any coaching staff in our history, especially when you consider 5 seasons as a head coach. What is the next level? BCS? Check. National Championship..our second ever? Yeah, me too.

Sep 23, 2014, 6:30 PM

If we had a "no morons allowed" policy...this bored would be much more tolerable ! :)

See, there you go bringing statistics into the argument

Sep 23, 2014, 6:39 PM

That's really not fair to the guys who just want to spout nonense. You should argue from a baseless viewpoint, it's much more entertaining.

You are surprised?

Sep 23, 2014, 9:47 PM

STS still questions our S&C program after beating UGAy and LSwho. Oh yeah, the announcers for the OB last year said OSU had the best line in the country. Does that sound about right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2014, 11:49 PM

Was this your first time on here after a crucial loss. That is the TigerNet way. When we lose like that against our bigger rivals, somebody has got to go. Nobody never goes, but somebody should get the T-Net ax, up until we win another big game. No problem with that as long as Dabo or the AD are not listening to us. T-Net firings aren't final!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic