Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, just like going into any of the big-time games against
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,079

So, just like going into any of the big-time games against

Aug 31, 2016, 8:37 AM

Georgia in the 1980's this one feels just as evenly matched as those were.

Both teams have recruited well. Both teams play in large stadiums. Both teams have had great success in the last decade. And both teams want this opener very badly.

In those UGA contests of yesteryear the hitting was hard and the games were close. Usually the only thing that distinguished who would win or lose was . . . TURNOVERS.

I hate to say it but that is the type of game I see against Auburn. One in which one team will blink and lose the ball that will let the other team win it.

I am excited for our Tigers. I hope I am wrong and my memories of those super clashes from decades ago don't play out again Saturday night. But if they do then please Clemson Tigers stay strong and hold onto the ball.

John Heisman said it best: “Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.”

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, just like going into any of the big-time games against

Aug 31, 2016, 8:55 AM

We have the best offense in the nation, they have the worst DC in the history of mankind. I like our chances but I do think it'll closer than most people think. 38-21ish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

38-21 isn't close.***

Aug 31, 2016, 9:09 AM

The worst DC in the history of mankind? Did Auburn

Aug 31, 2016, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: So, just like going into any of the big-time games against ]

already fire Steele and hire someone else?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The worst DC in the history of mankind? Did Auburn

Aug 31, 2016, 9:17 AM

No, but after this game they'll wish they would have.

JK- I see this game as uncomfortably close. Most Tigernet posters exude confidence based on the level of talent on this team that they know well. But most know little about Auburn save the two players we wanted badly- Lawson and Adams. The roster at Auburn is loaded with highly ranked players, if you believe the star ratings it is at least the equal of ours. I think our main advantages are coaching (our coaches seem to know how to get the most out of our players regardless of recruiting rankings) and the QB. They get an edge for being at home. I also suspect they will be highly motivated playing the #2 team in the country and looking to rebound from recent suboptimal performance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The worst DC in the history of mankind? Did Auburn

Aug 31, 2016, 10:20 AM

I agree with you. I rarely have seen an AU team that was sub-par, and last year's team was a surprise to so many. There is great news for us Clemson Tigers, though. Will Muschamp, who was responsible for the abysmal play of Aubarn last year now is leading the coots, and Kevin Steele, who has floundered from job to job since being canned for under-achieving with great talent at Clemson now is Auburn's DC. Both those things bode well for our Tigers. We win this game, but it will be a ball game. AU does have some other good coaches, and they have plenty of talent on the field. We will be the better team, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun Watson, mike Williams, Deon Cain,

Aug 31, 2016, 9:05 AM

Hunter renfrow, artavis Scott, Ray Ray, Wayne gallman, Adam choice, dye, feaster, and one hell of a line say hello!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun Watson, mike Williams, Deon Cain,

Aug 31, 2016, 10:21 AM

The deck stacks up kind of one sided for us this week.

Aug 31, 2016, 9:06 AM

Only one team has had continued success over the past 5/6 years, only one team has a beautiful lake on the border of it's campus, only one team has a Paw that's known all over the world on their helmet, only one team has a rival legend coach that will be pulling for them to win Saturday night, and only one team has a Head Coach that is so well liked, rival players wish they could have played for. If you had only one guess, what team and Head Coach best fits those descriptions???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn't have DW4 in those games.

Aug 31, 2016, 9:11 AM

Both teams were stronger on D and the scores reflected it. This won't be nearly as much of a defensive battle. Clear advantage to Clemson.

The only way Allbarn can win is for us to cough it up three or more times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 31, 2016, 9:14 AM

Thomas: you certainly entitled to your opinion but I believe you are totally wrong and I see its as a blow away win by our Tigers for the following reasons:
1. Our O is clearly superior to anything they can put on the field and DW will pick apart that secondary like I pick apart the Thanksgiving day turkey

2. sure they recruit well but not at the same level as we have

3. Our D will stop them enough to get them to turn the ball over which will lead to some quick scores for us

4. I consider Dabo to be a far superior coach the the Bus man and Vendables is a gamer on our D coaching

5. how are they going to cover our receivers? answer. Not very well

6. Psychological advantage in a big way to us. Their program is in turmoil and several players are gone, kicked off the team and heavens knows what else. The bus coaches football and not young men as Dabo does.

7. We have number 4 and not one else does. He's the supreme gamer and will drive therm crazy which will lead to wide open receivers and lots of quick scores.

There you have it. Only way we lose is if wee fumble 4-6 times, have 2-3 intercepts, have over 100 yards in penalties and never get off the bus./ Absent those things we win going away by a score of Clemson Tigers 48 Awbarn 21. As a note this is my best bet of the day and possible the year. We simply have too many horses for this once great program but now not even a factor.

Re: Hope Clemson wins but.....

Aug 31, 2016, 9:34 AM

I also hope that our players are prepared for a real challenge. On paper we seem to have the clear advantage but no one should underestimate Auburn in a first game at night in their place. Trick plays, turnovers, and our inexperience on defense will play a significant roll. If we lose, it will be very difficult for me living here in Alabama. I went to the games in the late sixties and early seventies (don't remember exactly the years) when we were playing both Alabama an Auburn on a home and home basis. It was tough dealing with the SEC fans down here because we lost them all while winning in the ACC. I sat through the debacle in Auburn when they beat us 44-0. That was one of Auburn's best teams led by Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley. It was also during the time that Snake Stabler and Ray Perkins were at Alabama. Go Tigers (the real ones)!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope Clemson wins but.....

Aug 31, 2016, 10:27 AM

I felt your pain, as I too remember those thrashings, too. I was on the team when we lost to AU 44-0. Not fun at all. This is a different time, now, and we are a totally different program. We wtill win this one in workman-like fashion, IMO.

Aug 31, 2016, 11:30 AM

Good post! We have the best team but this is college football where anything can happen!

What should happen is a 49-10 drubbing of AU.... Turnovers could change all that:.. Here's to our guys holding onto the ball and creating the TOs on Auburn.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,079
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic