Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Toss up b/t Napier and Freeze, I think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,752

Toss up b/t Napier and Freeze, I think

Nov 17, 2020, 4:07 PM

Napier would be a great hire from the coots perspective b/c he's a SC boy, knows the state pretty well, and understands the significance of what they call "the rivalry." In that respect, he'd be a great fit. But I don't know that he'd want to jump ship to a dumpster fire like SC. He knows the state, and he knows USuC all too well. I think he could do better.

Freeze seems to be a great fit in every other way, though. He'd be out there setting the dumpster fires with the students and fan base after yet another beatdown by Clemson or an SEC team they really thought they could beat. He may honestly be trying to mend his ways, though, and landing at USuC wouldn't help him with that at all.

This'll be an interesting one. If recent precedent holds, their top several candidates will either decline or get scooped up by someone else and they'll be left "settling" again with whomever is dumb enough to take the job and greedy enough to know that all they'll get from it is a reasonably fat paycheck followed a few years later by a hefty buyout.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is there bad blood between Billy

Nov 17, 2020, 5:18 PM

Napier and Dabo? I know he was let go and Dabo brought in the Chad. But heck, Dabo put Billy on the coaching map with the OC job before he turned 30. Saw bad blood between the two mentioned on coot board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Toss up b/t Napier and Freeze, I think

Nov 17, 2020, 5:47 PM

My best guess:

1. Napier is their #1 choice. If he want's the job, it's his. Does he want it? I have no idea. (I would think that he would be patient and wait for a better job. Heck, he's in Louisiana. A year from now the LSU job could be open.)

2. Freeze is the second choice. But there is internal opposition to him. Is the opposition strong enough and loud enough for the sect who wants him to win out over those who don't? I have no idea.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,752
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic