Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My unknowing take on Flowe..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Dec 15, 2019, 9:11 AM

He may be a home boy & Oregon isn't far away & it keeps him on the West coast..and Clemson is too far away.

Oregon is an exciting program with lots of unis.

But he's torn in that he really wants to play with buddy DJ U.

We'll learn soon.

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My unknowing take on Flowe..

Dec 15, 2019, 9:13 AM

We aren’t taking him. :(.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 9:19 AM

Unless he wants to commit to us.

or maybe he doesn't***

Dec 16, 2019, 5:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Simpson's commitment has zero bearing on Flowe

Dec 16, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: My unknowing take on Flowe.. ]

Simpson's outside, Flowe is inside. They play different positions. I'm sure any MIKE would be happy to know the outside gaps and edge are covered while they're doing their thing in the middle. If anything, getting Simpson HELPS us get Flowe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simpson's commitment has zero bearing on Flowe

Dec 16, 2019, 1:28 PM

User Logo
homeslice1479®
CU Guru [1091]
TigerPulse: 100%
Simps­on's commitment has zero bearing on Flowe
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 1:24 PM

Simpson's outside, Flowe is inside. They play different positions. I'm sure any MIKE would be happy to know the outside gaps and edge are covered while they're doing their thing in the middle. If anything, getting Simpson HELPS us get Flowe.

WHAT PART OF WE ARE NO LONGER RECRUITING FLOWE DO YOU NOT GET.

Dec 16, 2019, 1:37 PM

"Link" please, pretty please, I would love to read about that decision!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 1:59 PM

GOOGLE IS A WONDERFUL TOOL. BEEN REPORTED MY MULTIPLE OUTLETS

Dec 16, 2019, 3:03 PM

OK I can do that bc that is what I do most of the time anyway. I thought that you may have had the link bc you sounded so sure of yourself, but I guess not, that or you just don't care to share your info that makes you so sure. After reading what I have used the wonderful world of Google, I'm still thinking that there is still a chance that Flowe could land at Clemson, but if he doesn't, Clemson will be just fine without Flowe, and we probably wouldn't ever have to line up against him unless who where ever he lands makes it to the playoffs, and if he does I'm sure our coaches will have a plan in place to slow him him down bc I don't know if he can be completely stopped.

The one thing that I will always keep in mind when I watch these young men in their HS career, what they are doing in HS, it's being done against I lot lesser talent, and it will be much harder to repeat what they do in HS against a lot better talent once they get into a college game where a university like Clemson brings in some of the best HS talent in the entire country, and since Clemson has broaden it's footprint across the country, that means we are getting some of the best from some of the best ares that HS FB is bigger than it is in a lot of states. So we will be just fine with or without Flowe. Here is what I found by taking your advice about the use of Google when looking for answers, but that info isn't a 100% bc the best info that I found can be a little bias, just saying!!!

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/12/prediction-will-justin-flowe-nations-no-1-linebacker-choose-oregon-ducks.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is the caps lock key

Dec 16, 2019, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Simpson's commitment has zero bearing on Flowe ]

Perhaps you should google where it is on your keyboard

Dec 16, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Simpson's commitment has zero bearing on Flowe ]

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Dec 16, 2019, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Simpson's commitment has zero bearing on Flowe ]

We are full at linebacker - Simpson was an over sign that we reserved for Flowe until he didn’t bite. We won’t be taking Flowe at this point unless something changes.

Dec 16, 2019, 5:18 PM

We are ABSOLUTELY NOT full for a player like Flowe. Call it an oversign, but the numbers would work out with transfers, the draft, suspensions etc... We always end up with room. He's the type of player you sign and figure it out later.

Unless he flat out told the coaches he made his mind up for somewhere else, there is no reason to back off... and frankly I'd keep checking in until he officially signs. Who knows, maybe DJ or Breese could make a final pitch.

It would be a bummer to see him sign with USC or Oregon, since we were supposedly in the lead for so long, but the kid is an animal and all of his final options were good picks (except for UGA, screw 'em...)

Dec 15, 2019, 9:18 AM

Never know with Dabo. I’m sure he told Flowe that he probably won’t make the playoff if he goes to Oregon.

Dec 15, 2019, 9:20 AM

I think, I think they call that dirty recruiting when Dabo does it!!!

Dec 15, 2019, 9:25 AM

Not Dabo’s style. Oregon was one game away from being in the playoffs. They beat albarn first game, they get in over Oklahoma.

In the end, he’d be part of a special class at Oregon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 10:37 AM

Yes, but he would be a part of an even better class at Clemson. That said, he may want to be closer to home, or have parents who want him closer, or he may just like how he was treated better there. We will know soon, but we will be fine, and I imagine he will be happy, too. We can't get them all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 10:55 AM

...or maybe if he choses Oregon over Clemson, it means he likes green and yellow more than orange and purple, he thinks a duck is more scarey than a tiger, or he likes In-N-Out Burger more than Chick-fil-A. All very important things to consider when chosing a college.

Dec 15, 2019, 7:56 PM

It could be any of those things, for sure. The thing to recognize is that we will not be everything to everybody. We are a lot to many, but there are others motivated by different things. That said, Clemson certainly is a great choice, but if we are not his cup of tea, I wish him well, unless his team plays Clemson. Then, it will be war!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: My unknowing take on Flowe.. ]

One other thing most of us don't consider is the exorbitant cost to his family, friends, etc, to see him play on our side of the country. It's significant, for sure, and we don't/can't subsidize that, so it's a huge factor for so many families.

I know it's Clemson but if I was a recruit who had no

Dec 16, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: My unknowing take on Flowe.. ]

previous fandom or loyalty, I think I would like to join a program that is close rather than one who has already been there. The potential to finally bring a program over the hump or return them to prominence is more appealing to me than just keeping a top dog at the top. I am sure some recruits feel the same way as well.

Dec 15, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: My unknowing take on Flowe.. ]

Good try, coot. Only a butthurt Gamecoot would run with that lame response. You guys are the only ones who believe Dabo is the debil and that Clemson’s strategy is to negatively recruit against other programs. Everyone else with even a modicum of knowledge concerning Dabo Swinney recogniizes he always takes the high road. He sells Clemson and that is all. He stays above the fray and the honesty pays off as recruits see what you moroons refuse to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 11:47 AM

You think I’m a Coot? Move along dude. Dabo told J Carmen Urban would retire, they say all kinds of things. saying Oregon won’t go to the playoffs is not a knock on anyone’s character.

Noob

Dec 16, 2019, 4:11 PM

Did he retire? Then he told the truth.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 9:18 AM

IMPO, my knowing is that we will continue to win championships with Flowe at Clemson, or with Flowe at Oregon, we still win regardless!!!

Dec 15, 2019, 8:07 PM

Clemson is going to be fine, either way, for sure. I just wish he would have chosen to be a part of it. That is my only regret. My guess is, he will have those same regrets, just like the player we wanted who chose OSU over us. It turns out that, to borrow a line from an Indiana Jones Movie, 'he has chosen poorly', because had he chosen us, he would have 2 "Natty" rings. Since he didn't, he has none.

Dec 15, 2019, 9:20 AM

Took his official at usc but got to think that was a courtesy visit... Oregon has a good class coming in if in fact he lands there. Wouldn’t understand him going to uga and not here.

Think lbb has it right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 8:27 PM

One thing you aren't considering is the new house and the car of his choice, and the car for his folks, along with jobs all around. Some may doubt this happens, but it's very real. I drive by it very often. Nobody does it better than ugay!

Dec 16, 2019, 1:33 PM

Just ask Herschel Walker how UGA recruits when they really want somebody, bc Herschel knows the truth, bc he was a recipient of UGA's at any cost recruitment!!!

Dec 17, 2019, 12:20 AM

He is the one who lived 2 miles from us (and his folks still live there). The new house, cars and scholarships for siblings were not the only enticements. There also was the scholly for his sister who did track at ugay (whose son, by the way was a very good player for Clemson) and one for a brother who never was a star athlete. This stuff is not made up. His Mom and Dad are good people, but it's hard to turn your back on a plethora of riches thrown your way that are life changing.

Dec 15, 2019, 9:40 AM

If he wants to win championships come to Clemson......if he wants to stay home go to Oregon or USC....wish him the best what ever he decides to do......Go Tigers!!!!!

Dec 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

He and Burch would make an incredible class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 10:09 AM

I don't think that anybody would argue that point, I question their reasons for saying they want to play where they can win championships, and that is being done at Clemson, and they say how much they like/love what's going on at Clemson, but choose somewhere else when everything they could ever want in a school is at Clemson!!! I could be way off base, but it sounds as if someone at their schools is teaching them what to say to keep the doors open at both ends until they fully make their minds up

I’d say that is a massive understatement.***

Dec 15, 2019, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: My unknowing take on Flowe.. ]

null

Dec 15, 2019, 9:47 AM

Why do you think Clemson would not take the top rated linebacker in the nation. Don't read too much into Simpson being offered and committing to Clemson, It might be there are more players going in the draft this year than originally projected. There may have been an extra scholarship that we don't know about. Go Tigers, not geaux tigers! (me want more cookies)

Dec 15, 2019, 10:17 AM

(We have exhausted enough energy & resources on his recruitment; though his offer remains committable) is how I interpreted the statement.

Dec 15, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: My unknowing take on Flowe.. ]

Logan Cash leaving school and kyler mcmichael transfer does create 2 extra scholarships. Along with Tee, Isaiah Simmons, Travis Etienne, and aj Terrell likely gone....Still Simpson definitely effects flowers recruitment. Just doesn't mean were 100% out yet

Dec 15, 2019, 1:27 PM

Why would Simpson's commitment affect what Flowe does what so ever unless his confidence in his own ability fears that Simpson is a better LB, and anything other than that shouldn't affect him coming to Clemson. The one thing that Flowe should take in consideration where he ends up, and that is the better the competition a player has to compete with everyday single day in practice, that only makes a better player of them, and it better prepares them for who they have to compete against at the next level. If he turns down that type of experience that he can get at Clemson, OH well, Clemson don't want or need a commitment from a player that's scared of, or don't want to compete against another player that could/maybe better!!! Most of the time HS players don't even know how good they are, or how good they can be until they compete against equal or better players than they were in HS. Most of the best players in the NFL learned in college that if they wanted to be the best, they had to reach deep inside of themselves and bring out the best that their body had to give, and then some. Just as an old adage has always said, steel sharpens steel!!!

Logan Cash leaving school and kyler mcmichael transfer does create 2 extra scholarships. Along with Tee, Isaiah Simmons, Travis Etienne, and aj Terrell likely gone....Still Simpson definitely effects flowers recruitment. Just doesn't mean were 100% out yet

Dec 16, 2019, 12:48 PM

You can say that again!!

You can say that again!!

You can say that again!!

Dec 16, 2019, 12:49 PM

You can say that again!!

Dec 15, 2019, 9:52 AM

Being a part of a uni fashion show is not a good reason to make a lifetime decision.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 10:09 AM

He'll come if his heart leads him here. I did see on Oregon's roster that they have 3 Senior LBs that could be a factor. The Tigers will be loaded with Freshmen, Redshirt Freshmen, Sophs and RS Soph LBs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 10:30 AM

You have to wonder if the new endorsement rule could affect some of these players decisions. I could see Nike opening up the wallet at a place like Oregon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 3:07 PM

And that is most likely what they are telling him, good point!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: My unknowing take on Flowe.. ]

With Flowe's talent, quickness, nose for the FB, and the way he can blow up an offensive backfield, I really don't think that Flowe would play behind anybody for long after a spring game and fall camp under one of if not the best LB coaches in the country. BV feeds off of LB recruit like a Justin Flowe. Three years under BV's guidance, Flowe would be a top 5 NFL pick in the first round is what I seriously believe!!! And if Justin can't see or believe that by now, it will be his loss bc BV is a Master at teaching the LB position with young men with Flowe's talent, and even with less!!!

For a 5 star kid to wait for his offer this late and commit

Dec 15, 2019, 10:39 AM

on the spot... that is showing big time love for Clemson University. He will play with heart and passion.

God has a plan, we just got to trust him. He is meant to come to Clemson.

Re: For a 5 star kid to wait for his offer this late and commit

Dec 15, 2019, 11:14 AM

And that's the best way to look at it. We got a great new Tiger and hope these other young men are happy with the schools they choose. We've proven that we can win with a top 10 class and it doesn't mean the #1 class would be better. Our winning has been a combination of great coaching and players who buy in and aren't selfish.

Dec 16, 2019, 3:11 PM

Truly stated bc, you can sometimes have to many Chiefs and not near enough Indians, and there is a truer older saying, to many spoons in the pot can and will most of the time ruin what you're cooking!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to For a 5 star kid to wait for his offer this late and commit ]

He is definitely meant for a second to none LB-er coach as Brent Venables is with LB-ers!!! And if any decent LB-er passes on the chance to get coached and taught bt BV, they would be making the first biggest mistake of their lifetime. And making the right choice with the College they choose, it will be their only chance to be coached by a LB-er coach as talented as BV truly is. But it is Flowe's choice, and how he chooses could affect his FB career forever, one way or the other. It is my belief that any choice other than BV is his mistake to make, and he is the only one that will have to live with it. And whatever that choice is, it won't make or break not one of us, so let have at it!!!

Dec 15, 2019, 11:21 AM

Cross country flights are rough. Couldn’t blame the kid if he wanted to be close to home

Mama's boy.***

Dec 16, 2019, 11:56 AM

Dec 16, 2019, 1:04 PM

lightbulbbill®

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 9:11 AM

He may be a home boy & Oregon isn't far away & it keeps him on the West coast..and Clemson is too far away.

Oregon is an exciting program with lots of unis.

But he's torn in that he really wants to play with buddy DJ U.

We'll learn soon.

Go TiGERs!

YEP, 889 MILES IS A HOP SKIP AND JUMP FROM HOME. ONLY A 4 HOUR FLIGHT AND A 14 HOUR DRIVE.

Dec 16, 2019, 4:08 PM

He could fly with DJ on his trips back to the house. But anyway, what the young man feels is the best situation for him is more than than just fine for me. But it do seem that He and his family would easily deal with the hardship of being separated from each other for even 6 months at a time for the trade off being coached by the best college LB-ers coach in the country bc, if he wants to play in the NFL, with BV as his college coach will go a long way with a team that will draft him. His chances of being drafted by an NFL team on the East Coast is probably about 90%. Will he turn them down bc it is to far away from Mom??? I would think not, and it would be better for him to get use to being away from home in college over waiting until he was in the NFL. I know that some will say he can take Mom with him with the money he will make, the biggest question there is, how happy would Mom be leaving the rest of her family behind running behind one son that plays in the NFL where he will be gone a lot anyway, and she would be by her lonesome!!!

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic