Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So did the NCAA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,528

So did the NCAA

Dec 28, 2017, 2:31 PM

Just randomly pluck JJ McCullough, Ammon Lakip, Deon Cain in 2015? Remember they got tested before the Oklahoma game? Yea the NCAA doesn't randomly test, they'll give a notice and the coaches send the message down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So did the NCAA

Dec 28, 2017, 2:40 PM

My understanding is the test that got Deon, Ammon, and Jay Jay suspended were Team Administered, not NCAA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Dec 28, 2017, 2:57 PM

DONT BRING FACTS INTO THE TIN FOIL HAT DISCUSSIONS. PULEEEEEZE

Dec 28, 2017, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: So did the NCAA ]

@I4CUTigers I think you're right. The team gets a warning from the coaches if it's self-inflicted. The NCAA really does do a random test and this time they chose Austin Bryant. The NCAA doesn't give a notice I don't think.

Yes, they do randomly test, but it appears those that've...

Dec 28, 2017, 2:45 PM

failed in the past or been popped for certain offenses, are treated differently.

Random testing during the season requires a maximum of 2 day notice, apparently the most common notice is 24 HRS.

Clemson may have their own testing program, it's within the rules.

Bowls/Post-season have separate random testing under the policy.

Apparently the student-athlete are required to renew their waiver each year and failure to do so lands them in the "mandatory" testing pool. I fathom this yearly waiver is legally driven because of some of the challenges in court?

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/topics/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016SSI_DrugTestingProgramBooklet_20160728.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda like if one gets in an accident at work they then get “randomly” tested***

Dec 28, 2017, 2:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kinda like if one gets in an accident at work they then get “randomly” tested***

Dec 28, 2017, 3:03 PM

That is about the insurance companies not wanting to pay out.

Yeps and it protects the company as well. There are other..

Dec 28, 2017, 3:07 PM

incidents where an EAP or PIP might require it or be administered as well.

HR is about protecting the company & its resources from the employee as much as anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, they do randomly test, but it appears those that've...

Dec 28, 2017, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Yes, they do randomly test, but it appears those that've... ]

I appreciate the clarification.

Dec 28, 2017, 2:48 PM

The testing isn’t the problem. Enforcement is the problem. If a Clemson player comes up positive, they will not play. If a BAMA player comes up positive, they’ll appeal it and play.

The NCAA should stop pretending that they are in charge. Those that refuse to follow the spirit of the rules are being granted a free pass from the NCAA. When cowards are in charge, the cheats will run wild.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,528
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic