Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, both Ray Ray and Van Smith got "no grade"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 4,148

So, both Ray Ray and Van Smith got "no grade"

Feb 6, 2018, 9:40 PM

On one hand, attrition is good. But, I agree both of them could've deserved more time in college arenas first.

http://www.indexjournal.com/sports/how-clemson-usc-combine-invitees-stack-up-against-each-other/article_0b02ce68-bc81-5c28-ad5f-331ca95273b2.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a terribly written article

Feb 6, 2018, 9:56 PM

The grades the author lists are just from NFL.com, and not the grades the players received from the Draft Advisory Committee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: So, both Ray Ray and Van Smith got "no grade"

Feb 6, 2018, 9:59 PM

Van Smith has a kid on the way. He's probably just trying to make the most of a solid season and parlay that into some kind of payout. He'll get drafted, but even just a practice squad spot could earn him $100k or more if he's on the squad all season.

Feb 6, 2018, 10:05 PM

Doesn’t surprise me about ray ray. Should have stayed but don’t think he saw his pt doing anything but going down. I guess one of them 5 stars that didn’t grow past hs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 10:45 PM

I'm at the opinion that all the publicity surrounding Ray Ray after he committed to Clemson, it all went to his head, and he come in believing he was way better than he really was. Sometimes they forget that they are HS players that has a good chance to become a good player at the college level. But being a 4 or 5 star recruit in HS, they must be steady reminded it seems that they don't have any stars once they sign with a college team. Once they have signed, they have to start all over at working their A$SSES off every day they are in college just to have a hint of a chance to become an NFL player. The NFL don't give a crap about how good a player believes they are bc they will have to prove it, and they will get about an hour of actual on the field look right out of college to do that. If they don't see it in that small amount of time when NFL teams put the microscope on a rookie, they don't get a second look by that team bc they are already giving another rookie their hour to prove what they can do. Personally, I never got that wow feeling with Ray Ray, and he was never A Sammy or Nuk, and I always thought that Renfrow was a better receiver than Ray Ray!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2018, 12:15 AM

Good luck to them both.

Feb 7, 2018, 5:43 AM

In truth RR should hav come back and made a full move to CB for a year. He could have showcased his abilities as at the NFL level he may not be a WR.

I agree. ******

Feb 7, 2018, 7:02 AM

It woudn'tmater how long they stayed in college.

Feb 7, 2018, 7:01 AM

They're small.

Replies: 8
| visibility 4,148
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic