Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, after three years and 8 months...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

So, after three years and 8 months...

Sep 16, 2020, 8:51 PM

who here thinks Trump has been a pretty great president?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great? Hades no. Better than some in the past yes .........

Sep 16, 2020, 9:06 PM

even if he is an ar$e and narcissistic.

I won't vote for Joe though. I'll probably write in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who in the past is he better than? Calvin Coolidge?***

Sep 16, 2020, 9:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must have missed him

Sep 16, 2020, 10:32 PM

being down with slavery and not preventing the Civil War, or marching Indians to their death, or putting Japanese citizens into internment camps, or sending men to die in needless wars.......

At the end of the day his worst issues are that he's been a loudmouthed jerk who pizzzzed some people off, hurt some feelings, and added about 10 trillion to the national debt.

I don't see him ever breaking out of the bottom quartile, but he's got a ways to go to hit bottom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, he’s better than Washington, Jefferson, and Adams.***

Sep 17, 2020, 12:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I must have missed him

Sep 17, 2020, 7:38 AM [ in reply to I must have missed him ]

At the end of the day his worst issues are that he's been a loudmouthed jerk who pizzzzed some people off, hurt some feelings, and added about 10 trillion to the national debt.

He's done a quite bit worse than that, but I suppose you have a valid point with some of those 19th century dudes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yeah, when it comes to actions detrimental

Sep 17, 2020, 8:20 AM

To the country, it’s hard to top Buchanan, and when it comes to atrocities against others, Jackson is far in the lead.

I still think that FDR is at the root of most modern ills, and if I’m correct, that’s a helluva “legacy” almost a century later, but I know that won’t nearly as agreed upon as the first two.

As far as “worse”, I think I can assume what you’re talking about, but if there is to be a negative lasting Trump legacy that truly threatens the country’s existence as we know it, there’s nothing worse than that massive debt, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, when it comes to actions detrimental

Sep 17, 2020, 8:23 AM

FDR's actions were well-intended to fix a crisis; the mistake was expecting them to be a long-term endeavor.

I concur on the debt. His intentional sowing of division among Americans is also extremely damaging, but the debt problem is even greater.

We knew we had a debt problem, and the fools who still support this man and call him a conservative have been duped. He's compounded a major problem that, oh yeah, surprise surprise, he vowed to fix.

So much for "getting done what he said he would".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Here’s a broader question.....

Sep 17, 2020, 8:33 AM

We seem to agree on the urgency of fixing the debt issue.

The closest candidates we’ve had who truly wanted to tackle the issue head-on were Perot and Paul......they didn’t stand a realistic chance at getting elected because being honest enough to explain what is going to be required is going to mean telling people things they just don’t want to hear.

I’m honestly not sure how a budget slashing (or tax raising if you’re on the left) budget hawk will ever get elected. It’s a fait accompli at this point.

Re: Here’s a broader question.....

Sep 17, 2020, 8:44 AM

Agreed. I think some of the Libertarian candidates could have done it as well, but we know where their chances lie.

The Dems won't ever call for it. They have to push the social programs and spending to stay in power. So we can't ever look to them to cut spending or slash the budget. This is the bed they've made.

The GOP knows they can lie about it to get elected. Look at the Tea Party movement. One giant lie. But in power, they won't dare touch military or other bulky defense projects.

Behind scenes for both parties are the special interest groups and corporations pushing the spending so they can also line their pockets cause somehow giving money to a candidate or party = free speech.

So yeah, we're proper ######.

You forget Paul Tsongas who won quite a few Dem

Sep 17, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Here’s a broader question..... ]

primaries in 1992:

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-1995-04-25-9504250329-story.html

Re: Yeah, when it comes to actions detrimental

Sep 17, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, when it comes to actions detrimental ]

Obed & Cat,

Actually, from a macro-economic perspective, the debt is not the concerning part. It is the interest on the debt. In that regard, the money that the government has had to borrow to deal with this pandemic was borrowed at such a low interest rate that it has been a good investment to keep the economy somewhat afloat. The tax cut that went 80% to the wealthy - not so much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I must have missed him ]

Catahoula said:

He's done a quite bit worse than that, but I suppose you have a valid point with some of those 19th century dudes.

Why do you think that debt was added? Should he have not signed any of the stimulus bills?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude...

Sep 17, 2020, 9:53 AM

His contribution to the debt was happening long before coronavirus and the stimulus bills. Do you want links?

Re: Dude...

Sep 17, 2020, 10:11 AM

Sure why not.

Sep 17, 2020, 10:18 AM

Trump has added about $3 trillion to the national debt so far during his nearly three years in office, despite his pledge to wipe it out in eight years and his campaigning on being "the king of debt."

This article is from November of 2019. Before COVID.

https://www.businessinsider.com/national-debt-deficit-trump-how-it-compares-obama-bush-clinton-2019-11

Sep 17, 2020, 12:57 PM

This is why I mentioned the tax cut

Sep 17, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to I must have missed him ]

Obed,

I think Presidents have to be judged within the context that they existed, but I see your point.

I will say that I think Trump has done some real damage to the concept of rule of law.
It remains to be seen if we can put that genie hack in the bottle.

Don't know how to assess "pretty good", but will give it a

Sep 16, 2020, 9:07 PM

shot:

- When he was elected, no positive expectations from me - didn't vote for him - except a lack of fear of media. He has maintained that, so very good there. Finally, a politician who doesn't jump when msm says 'boo'.
- General communication and presence: terrible.
- General perspective on issues, foreign and domestic: very good.
- Execution on those: Good. I have to give a hit for deficit and debt. I accept no excuses there. The previous two presidents dumped obscene amounts of money and debt into the economy to kick the economic can down the road, and we are on a brink now. Trump hasn't drawn the line or that, though I don't know how one vetos a stimulus package and survives. I said I don't know how; I didn't say I excuse it. Other things have been very good. Not shooting at anybody needlessly, gaining separation where we have needed it. Seems pragmatic, willing to pay a price to be so.

Maybe that all equals 'pretty good'.

Sums it up nicely. I don’t know about “pretty great”, but

Sep 16, 2020, 9:16 PM

I would say:
1) Significantly better than I expected in 2016.
2) Significantly better than the media would lead you to believe.

In terms of tangible accomplishments, he is light years ahead of Obama and many other predecessors. He fails in tone and that matters, but results have far surpassed expectations.

null

Everyone knows I'm a commoner, a regular rube or as...

Sep 17, 2020, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Don't know how to assess "pretty good", but will give it a ]

Geechie called me many times, 'boorish.' As much as I struggle to read and comprehend the written and spoken word, I understand 99% of what Trump says and I think I understand why he says them that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, after three years and 8 months...

Sep 16, 2020, 9:13 PM

considering what he has been up against, he has done a heck of a job.

Why won't they let the man work?

Sep 16, 2020, 9:25 PM

Looking at you Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

better'n obumma***

Sep 16, 2020, 9:40 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Anyone can limbo under the arches of the Eiffel Tower.***

Sep 17, 2020, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after 47 yrs and 5 munths...do Sleepy Joe***

Sep 16, 2020, 9:41 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

How dare you, you animal!***

Sep 16, 2020, 10:38 PM

That's easy. No, not great.

Sep 17, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to after 47 yrs and 5 munths...do Sleepy Joe*** ]

Now you answer if Trump is great.

But you won't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 10:01 PM

I do

he has been good for my industry

Sep 16, 2020, 10:10 PM

pandemic too. I can also see how destructive his behaviors have been to the health of our republic and institutions. America needed a wake up call, but.... He needs to go.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he has been good for my industry

Sep 16, 2020, 11:59 PM

How much "credit" are you willing to give the MSM for "destructive behavior"?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have learned how much the Russians...

Sep 16, 2020, 10:30 PM

like for us to have a good economy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll never forget the self-satisfied smugness of Obama and

Sep 16, 2020, 10:34 PM

His supporters after the sick burn he got on Romney thinking Russia was still relevant. Not they see Russia under their bed at night.

null

That hypocrisy goes both ways.***

Sep 17, 2020, 9:31 AM

I understand they especially like the...

Sep 16, 2020, 10:37 PM [ in reply to I have learned how much the Russians... ]

price of oil being depressed due to US being energy independent and the world's largest exporter of oil. Instead of Vlat having to spend all his time counting money he can get more of those sexy photos of him shirtless on a pony. Savage.

That's how you know he's Putin's puppet,

Sep 16, 2020, 10:44 PM

because of the cunning ruse where he pretty much has kneecapped Russia's only viable industry to make people think he's not Putin's puppet.

Trump isn't that smart.

Sep 16, 2020, 11:08 PM

Putin must have planned it in the KGB cone of silence with some of his top agents.

Putin lulling us to sleep...

Sep 16, 2020, 11:13 PM

maybe that's Joe's problem

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best all time, forever.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:34 PM

Better than Honest Abe though not quite the racist.

I love him. MUCH better than Cats. I’m going to vote for him

Sep 16, 2020, 10:38 PM

again and again.

null

The unemployment rate is roughly the same in August

Sep 17, 2020, 7:30 AM

as it was in August of 2016 under Obama, 7.8% vs 7.1%. Of course Obama did not have an epidemic at that time and the rate was increasing, not descending. Additionaly, under Obama job participation was at record low levels while participation rose under Trump.

You want to talk foreign policy? I doubt it.

The only disappointment I have in Trump is that he isn't fiscally conservative, spending on par with Obama and having little regard for the National debt.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: The unemployment rate is roughly the same in August

Sep 17, 2020, 9:14 AM

Check those unemployment #s again.

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

Sep 17, 2020, 7:38 AM

i do

successful even through all the democrat interference

any other R would have folded under this much fire

you mean "any other R wouldn't have drawn this much fire"***

Sep 17, 2020, 10:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His problem

Sep 17, 2020, 8:02 AM

He just isn’t very”Presidential” and at times is flat embarrassing as opposed many major policy missteps. Unfortunately appearance and how you communicate matter a great deal when you are President and in that he has failed. Had he just stopped tweeting he would have been much better served instead he had a tendency to look foolish.

Joe is likely to have the opposite problem though - he will look and act the part but his policies will be suspect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His problem

Sep 17, 2020, 9:24 AM

Like any person you take the bad with the good. That is Trump being Trump.

Wilbur's rankings since 1960.

Sep 17, 2020, 10:29 AM

1. Reagan
2. Trump
3. JFK
4. Nixon
5. 43
6. Clinton
7. 41
8. Ford
9. LBJ
10. Carter
11. Obama

Message was edited by: wilbur82®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Did the Civil Rights Act disqualify Johnson from your list?***

Sep 17, 2020, 10:46 AM

Opps. I knew I was leaving out someone.

Sep 17, 2020, 11:58 AM

Reset.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic