Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU in trouble..self imposing penalties for illegal payments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

LSU in trouble..self imposing penalties for illegal payments

Oct 21, 2020, 2:14 PM

This doesn't look good.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/21/lsu-football-self-imposed-sanctions-ncaa

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU in trouble..self imposing penalties for illegal payments

Oct 21, 2020, 2:19 PM

If by "doesn't look good" means they forfeit last years title, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Otherwise it's a slap on the wrist penalty, which is about all the NCAA is good for these days anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:23 PM

Uhh no. $180K doesn't look good. Doubt NCAA is going to settle on this

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU in trouble..self imposing penalties for illegal payments ]

Let's take a closer look at that.

"Teams are normally allowed to have a maximum of 85 players on scholarship per year. The penalties will not impact the team’s ability to sign the maximum of 25 newcomers a year."

So, LSU can still sign 25 players this year and next year. What they "lose" is possibly the ability to reward a walk-on with a scholarship.

And, this comment about losing "4 ships a year for the next two years" is extremely misleading. To the casual observer that would mean losing 8 ships. But, using the NCAA decoder ring, it doesn't mean that at all. They will not lose 8 ships. They will lose 4 ships, and for only two years. They can have 81 on ship in 2021 and 81 on ship in 2022. Then in 2023 they can go back to having 85 on ship.

And, when you couple that with the NCAA still not telling people how they will adjust ships next year because of the "Covid Rule" where no one loses a year of eligibility then it really will be meaningless.

Someone said it was a slap on the wrist. I maintain it is more like a sternly worded letter saying, "We'll overlook it this time, but do it again and we will think about penalizing you."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forfeiting a title doesn't mean anything***

Oct 21, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU in trouble..self imposing penalties for illegal payments ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It Means The World to Me....I Can Forever Torture My Corndog

Oct 21, 2020, 3:07 PM

Neighbor

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Trevor still hasnt lost to a college team

Oct 21, 2020, 2:32 PM

Just one professional one in 2 years.

That is pretty good

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:38 PM

I lugh t this. It is such a lip service candy a-ed punishment. And it was done on tv and takes almost a year to "resolve". Just a joke. And a bad one at that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:38 PM

This is why LSU reminds of the Florida Marlins from the 90’s. The bought their World Series Championships. I hope the one LSU bought was worth it. Looks like the NCAA could
come snooping around. That 1 NC could cost LSU a lot more than it was worth.

Will this cost Ed O his job??

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:41 PM

If UNC can literally set up fake classes for its athletes for two frigging decades and get away with it scot free you can bet your last dollar that LSU can overcome a few guys getting paid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:47 PM

Rut Row psybj. Guess panini is gonna have to take a pay cut.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cheats=LSU and...

Oct 21, 2020, 5:29 PM

LOSERS=Coots U.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic