Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So THIS is how much the XXXXX really don't care....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

So THIS is how much the XXXXX really don't care....

Aug 1, 2020, 12:38 AM

Yesterday (Friday) TNET put up a post at 10:18am promoting the fact that Mr. Woody McCorvey was being inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. I do not know Mr. McCorvey personally, but what I do know of him is certainly in keeping with those multiple occasions where I have heard our own Head Football Coach wax eloquently about Mr. McCorvey's mentorship and character (you know, that thing that Dr. King referenced). Simply put - anybody that Mr. Swinney has this much faith in and commitment to as a person is someone I would look up to immediately, and without reservation.

So 20 minutes later I wrote a quick note of appreciation for the Achievement.

This is an amazing feat, whether he was a man of color or not. But still, given that Mr. McCorvey was born in the 1950's in the South, in Alabama, there's no doubt this achievement is special. Mr. Swinney even noted that it was unique of sorts given the Coaching milestones Mr. McCorvey attained that had never been done before. What a man to have grace us as part of our Tiger family.

Yet after 14 hours not another soul had taken the time to comment on this achievement.

So apparently we've ALL got time to b*tch about Building names, to march downtown, to argue about BLM or China or the NBA, to bemoan the loss of the UofSuC game, to argue the merits of Notre Dame in the ACCCG, to go universal over Trump, to alternatively discuss whether black or blue lives really matter, to wring hands over rioting, etc. etc.; yet no one has the time to drop a note that Mr. McCorvey may or may not see, but we, the rest of us, WILL see, and be reminded of the achievement, and be appropriately humbled. No one has the time.

There's a fair number of hypocrites on here, and simply put, you know who you are.

America is at a crossroads, ladies and gents, and if we don't have or take the time to lift up the too few Woody McCorvey's that we do have, then there is no doubt that She will be lost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So THIS is how much the XXXXX really don't care....

Aug 1, 2020, 12:57 AM

The Mods don’t moderate that ‘round here ?? ... know what I mean, Verne?

I smell what you’re steppin in Ernest***

Aug 1, 2020, 2:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL/dr

Aug 1, 2020, 6:54 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It's hypocrisy to think folks

Aug 1, 2020, 7:12 AM

Didn't read, or care about McCorvey's accomplishments simply because they didn't 'TU' or comment to a post on the topic. Woody's past is well-known by many Clemson folks long before June, 2020.

Return to your worry about Democracy's demise pending an election via the democratic process...that's really why you're here.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS is how much you don't care...

Aug 1, 2020, 7:25 AM

you had time to defend yourself to me and "call me out", but not time to recognize the article.

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Boom roasted. We already love McCorvey

Aug 2, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to It's hypocrisy to think folks ]

My dad is a football coach. The white and black man have been harmonizing together here in SC before I was born. ???????

Good job though. You had me in the first half I’m not gonna lie

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boom roasted. We already love McCorvey

Aug 2, 2020, 7:48 PM

IMO, football eliminates segregation better than anything else in life.

Nothing beats pounding each other, and taking the pounding from each other, and pounding some other guy for the sake of your teammate, and sharing sweat and water bottles to break down barriers. If you still dislike your teammate because of the color of his skin, it's because you are determined to.

Aug 1, 2020, 8:12 AM

I scanned through yesterday and left one comment in another thread. I don't recall seeing yours. I was mainly looking to see if there was any more information on our 2020 Season.

I greatly appreciate you posting!! Yes it is a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! And the fact that Dabo thinks the world of Mr. McCorvey is further evidence on the amazing man he is!!! We are all grateful to have him on our Team!!

Maybe a lot of folks have been busy enough( or just too

Aug 1, 2020, 8:13 AM

tired of reading political stuff on here) that they didn't even see this post. I had to look back to find it on the Front page because I had no seen it before. Thanks for your complaint or I wouldn't even been aware of the accomplishment

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is XXXXX code for...

Aug 1, 2020, 8:42 AM

The liberal media, the Democratic Party, blm? These all fit in your pedantic treatise

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh I'm sorry you found it meaningless - I guess I thought

Aug 2, 2020, 2:56 AM

there'd at least be a comment or two from the likes of Felix, HBROWN, Carlsbad, or some other wingnut who's been pounding the Board about renaming places, taking down Flags, tearing down statues, and kneeling during Anthems.

You see, I think this right here shows how f*cked up their individual value systems are - when you can b*tch about buildings but can't recognize great accomplishments, then there's a real problem. And it's a problem that has nothing to do with white supremacy, institutionalized racism, or any other made up excuse for long term bad behavior.

Re: oh I'm sorry you found it meaningless - I guess I thought

Aug 2, 2020, 9:44 AM

You sir created a list. And I can’t wait to see what happens next. This is gonna be exciting.

Relax OleMike. Everyone loves Woody McCorvey.

Aug 2, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to oh I'm sorry you found it meaningless - I guess I thought ]

Woody is a great man. Clemson has been lucky enough to have him here twice and his second coming was instrumental in the second coming of Clemson football. We love him. If Alabama wants to honor him, it's fitting for them to do so and fitting for Clemson nation to salute him. Thanks for your post the other day acknowledging his honor.

I missed seeing it. I had a busy couple of days cleaning out a house that is set to close tomorrow and I don't read Tigernet very closely these days since there has been so very little happening in Clemson Sports for 4 or 5 months now. When I have looked through posts I'm always a bit surprised at what others post and argue about. It was good of you to recognize Coach McCorvey. Your rant about no one posting about your post or Coach McCorvey is the sort of stuff that keeps me off of the board when sports are not being played. Your rant seems really petty and takes a good bit away from the honor you tried to offer for Coach McCorvey.

Congrats to Coach McCorvey?
Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

petty? lol...

Aug 2, 2020, 7:23 PM

That would mean that I "get something" somehow from having to deride others. lol and smfdh as well.

1. It was 14 hours on a Friday afternoon and evening. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people logged on during that time.

2. I made it very clear that I was specifically referencing that previous multitude of posts - no, the veritable tsunami of posts - that happened relative George Floyd, BLM, the former Tillman Hall, Trump, Confederate statues, so-called Police brutality, so-called white supremacy, et al ad nauseam. All negative. Virtually all politically vengeful, at best. My post had to do with nothing else, just that torrent of negativity.

3. I also was very specific: "There's a fair number of hypocrites on here, and they know who they are". So I left it for their own judgement. For those that think they have a good reason for not responding, I'd simply say, "Why are you so defensive then?"

Petty? I don't think asking people to be as enthusiastic about positive news as they are vengeful about negative news is "petty".

I think it's called Maturity and Hope. In other words, if we don't get positive about race, then how will things get better?

But whatever - as with Joe21 below, your opinion is yours...

Aug 2, 2020, 11:26 AM

As long as I have been on this board I have read numerous posts praising Woody McCorvey for his accomplishments, his character and his many positive attributes. Never have I read one post even bordering on any thing negative. To assume that a non-response to a post is indicative of one's character, indicates to me you are more interested in the fact you made the post rather than true praise for Mr. McCorvey.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you read my post wrong Joe21...

Aug 2, 2020, 12:14 PM

1. It certainly wasn't about me. I have done nothing of note that I care to share with anyone on the Board. We're supposed to be here in celebration of Clemson, not me personally. I don't need people's TU's, and if they want to TD me, then have at it. These are only opinions, and they have little to do with the actual "me". I'll leave it at that.

2. My derogatory view of "non-responses" is not relative previous praises for Mr. McCorvey, but rather the inundation of previous posts relative the topics noted.

In short, IF RACE matters so much to these people, if destroying cultural icons and raising up African-American causes is SO IMPORTANT to these people, then one would reasonably think they would have jumped at the chance to praise Mr. McCorvey.

And that's because Mr. McCorvey has done multitudes MORE for the African-American cause in our country than renaming a Building EVER could.

But it seems to me that people are much more likely these days to be on the cutting edge of tearing something down than in building something up - and quite frankly, it his clear juxtaposition to that trend that makes Mr. McCorvey so very noteworthy to me. He is remarkable indeed for what he HAS DONE.

I'm sorry that you didn't view my post in the same light, but certainly you and everyone else has a right to their own opinion.

Law don’t go ‘round here savvy

Aug 2, 2020, 11:34 AM

Aug 2, 2020, 4:49 PM

It’s the poster, not the post, perhaps, why people didn’t acknowledge.

Lecturing is lecturing; Idc what your political preference is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you see, this is where "reading comprehension" means so very

Aug 2, 2020, 5:22 PM

much.

I didn't ask people to recognize my post.

I asked people to recognize TNET's post.

I wasn't "lecturing" - just pointing out that when it came to renaming buildings there were posts galore. But when it came to praising Mr. McCorvey, not a race-baiter, or otherwise, could be found.

Re: you see, this is where "reading comprehension" means so very

Aug 2, 2020, 5:43 PM

Yep, noted.

Calling out posters you don’t agree with is what may have distracted me or maybe I just didn’t read. Either way, pot meet kettle.

Call it lecturing, castigating or preaching doesn’t change the tone.

so I should excuse you for being a dumbazz who can't read?

Aug 2, 2020, 7:27 PM

duly noted.

Best.

Re: so I should excuse you for being a dumbazz who can't read?

Aug 2, 2020, 7:36 PM

Didn’t read. Comprehension issues?

I didn't see the post.***

Aug 2, 2020, 4:52 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

The headline that Tigernet actually posted said

Aug 2, 2020, 5:13 PM

"Clemson coach" which is why I never even clicked on it. I might be the only one that feels this way, but I tire of all the click bait headlines that are run on this site.

I didn’t read the article.

Aug 2, 2020, 5:56 PM

But I don’t feel that McCorvey’s accomplishments should be that surprising to you, simply because he is a black man born in the south.

Despite the current narrative, and evidently your beliefs, there are many successful Southern black people. Nothing about the South is preventing black people from being successful.

Nonetheless, congratulations to Coach McCorvey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

you could not have mischaracterized what I wrote any more

Aug 2, 2020, 7:31 PM

if you had tried. So maybe it's best that you didn't read the article. No telling where we'd be then on my "beliefs".

Please go back to Basketball.

Re: you could not have mischaracterized what I wrote any more

Aug 2, 2020, 7:48 PM

10000/1 Biden supporter****

Aug 2, 2020, 7:29 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic