Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So SEC won't be able to oversign?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,765

So SEC won't be able to oversign?

Apr 14, 2017, 2:10 PM

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-adopts-new-football-recruiting-model

This looks really good for Clemson.
And HS coaches won't be able to get jobs anymore if you're recruiting a kid on his team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The limit is 25 per year, rosters are 85

Apr 14, 2017, 2:23 PM

If there are no red shirts, that's 100 players on a 4 year path. You can expect as many red shirts as players going pro early, so oversigning will continue to be a thing for schools that don't have any integrity...

They're limited to 25 a year.***

Apr 14, 2017, 2:25 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: The limit is 25 per year, rosters are 85

Apr 14, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to The limit is 25 per year, rosters are 85 ]

why don`t U go a head and say the sec as they are the problem. This oversigning and running kids off is why I never wanted to join the sec. W will never use their crooked way of doing things so we will ALWAYS be at a HUGE DISADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2017, 3:37 PM [ in reply to The limit is 25 per year, rosters are 85 ]

Apr 14, 2017, 4:35 PM [ in reply to The limit is 25 per year, rosters are 85 ]

The SEC will always find loop holes to stray around the rules, but the throwing kids under the bus the way they have been doing. This new rule should help put an end to those tactics for kids and their parents that's always left holding the dirty end of the sec recruiting practices, I surely hope so anyway!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great! Now it's time to slam the cheat-Holes!***

Apr 14, 2017, 2:35 PM

Re: So SEC won't be able to oversign?

Apr 14, 2017, 2:41 PM

Does this end the southern camps by Meeshegen?

Yes***

Apr 14, 2017, 2:44 PM

Apr 14, 2017, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: So SEC won't be able to oversign? ]

Yes it does!

Apr 14, 2017, 3:17 PM

Coach Harbuagh can't hire anymore of his recruits, high school coaches either. What a blow to Michigan lol.

He can, he'll have to hire them as one of his 9 assistants

Apr 14, 2017, 3:25 PM

not part of his film study crew.

I was glad to see the rule worded that way, the original proposal would have prevented Dabo from hiring Bates so soon after he worked his camp.

Apr 14, 2017, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: So SEC won't be able to oversign? ]

It prevents Football Bowl Subdivision schools from hiring people close to a prospective student-athlete for a two-year period before and after the student’s anticipated and actual enrollment at the school. This provision was adopted in men’s basketball in 2010 (effective immediately, though schools may honor contracts signed before Jan. 18, 2017).

Does this include uncles??????

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oversigning is just as bad ,when you bring in 25

Apr 14, 2017, 3:34 PM

and only have 15 Seniors.

It talks about greyshirting, I wonder if it only cuts out greyshirting if you're at 25 ?

Re: Oversigning is just as bad ,when you bring in 25

Apr 14, 2017, 3:38 PM

But we will no longer see 31 players in one class.

I know, but what Chump has done and Slurrier did do

Apr 14, 2017, 3:56 PM

is just as bad.

I still wonder if someone like Dabo ,will be able to offer a greyshirt if he's under the 25 limit.

Re: Oversigning is just as bad ,when you bring in 25

Apr 14, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Oversigning is just as bad ,when you bring in 25 ]

I hope so bc it should, grey shirting opens up loop hole that can be abused, and will be abused by the SECheat and the likes of the Jim Harbaugh type coaches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Apr 14, 2017, 4:18 PM

This just helps us that much more, yep.

Apr 14, 2017, 4:24 PM

All those SEC coaches over signing and culling out the ones they don't want for a better one, will find out that they better be spot on with their evaluation of players from now on, bc there won't be anymore year to year culling. But, being that they have trouble playing by the intended rules is to hard for them, they will find another loop hole!!!

So how many players can we sign in 2019

Apr 14, 2017, 4:58 PM

because we'll have over 25 slots open.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: So how many players can we sign in 2019

Apr 14, 2017, 6:00 PM

Yea I was thinking about that too. Maybe there's a provision that allows for more than 25 if the spots are opened naturally.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Apr 14, 2017, 9:35 PM

Does the hiring rule impact the kid whose dad was hired at UNCheat? Maybe Adams or something like that?

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic