Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated Playoff poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated Playoff poll

Dec 8, 2020, 7:15 PM

Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated Playoff poll

Breaking: Two college football weekends are left ahead of the Dec. 20 Playoff decision date and Dabo Swinney’s Tigers are still positioned well. In Tuesday’s updated Play Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how can a team that has only played one team with a

Dec 8, 2020, 7:32 PM

winning record have a strength of record rank of 5th?

Re: how can a team that has only played one team with a

Dec 8, 2020, 8:14 PM

100% agree! Maybe they are that good, but how can anybody say? This is OSU BS at its finest. Anyway you slice it, it doesn't fit the smell teat, but I say, "line 'em up, and tell us who we have to play". We seem to fare pretty well against "The Ohio State". They crow like they were Cola chickens, but they, certainly, haven't had much to crow about in quite a while when playing the real TIGERS. I expect this year to be no different. Funny, but after our games with them, the excuses start rolling in. Excuses won't matter, mind you, but pundits will try to excuse the failure, anyway. Some things never change. And, oh by the way, I know ESPN was hoping, beyond all hope, that Trevor and 5 of our Defensive studs would be out so ND could eek out a win again this time around. They are going to be sorely disappointed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Past does not matter... Tigers need to beat the F off ND

Dec 8, 2020, 11:03 PM

I dont care who's ranked what anymore. CU needs to be in final 4 for CFP (and then win it all).

So easy said. So so unfair pressure on Dabo and the team !

I have become that bad. Sorry.

Re: how can a team that has only played one team with a

Dec 8, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to how can a team that has only played one team with a ]

I agree with your sentiment, but remember, “strength of record” is not the same as “strength of schedule”.

Why is 8-2 Iowa State ranked higher than 8-0 Cincinnati and

Dec 8, 2020, 7:38 PM

8-1 Miami. Iowa State lost to Napier's Ragin' Cajuns.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is 8-2 Iowa State ranked higher than 8-0 Cincinnati and

Dec 8, 2020, 8:27 PM

Good #### question coastal would beat the hell out of Iowa State.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CFP Committee's quandry...

Dec 8, 2020, 8:10 PM

They can't let tOSU in without a quality loss, even though they have ONE quality win against IU! Clemson has a quality loss (ND) and a quality win (MIA), and after we whip the Domers in two weeks, we'll have TWO quality wins and a quality loss. The Domers will then have ONE quality win and ONE quality loss. If Florida beats Bama in the SECCG, then both teams will have quality losses and quality wins... so, based on the logic of the ESecPN bobbleheads for the last 5 years, tOSU is O-U-T!

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFP Committee's quandry...

Dec 8, 2020, 8:24 PM

And of course, both secheat teams automatically are in. I don't really care who gets in, other than us, because I think we are perfectly capable of beating whoever we play. That said, our OL must show up. They are the key, and they have been MIA at times this year, so that is my main concern. I'm not afraid of our competition, at all. I'm afraid we don't provide the protection Trevor needs to dissect whoever we line up against. Oh, and by the way, I am counting on our defense to be up to snuff. JMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFP Committee's quandry...

Dec 8, 2020, 10:03 PM

I'm with you - don't really care who else. We know a few things: 1. we win and we are in and we lose and we are out, as we should be. 2. Bamma is in no matter what 3. ND is in no matter what - well the only way they are out is if FL beats Bama and both AL and FL are in AND we take ND to the woodshed and OSUcks gets handed the Big 10 champ by rule change. I don't see any other way ND is out.

Like you my point of concern is the OL. Not overly worried about our D - in regulation, we gave up 26 points (7 were scored by their D) and 7 more came on the first drive when we weren't ready to play - for whatever reason AND the last 7 came against our second team (what at least 6 starters out?). DJ was fantastic but with TL we have the passing game (hopefully some receivers back for more depth), ETN as always and the threat of the QB run which we did not have in ND game one. Just a lot more for their D to worry about this time around. After DJ apparently won the game and we stopped them, you tell me we can't get ONE first down and/or run more clock with Trevor in there?

Going to be fun to watch - GO TIGERS

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated Playoff poll

Dec 8, 2020, 8:13 PM

Go Tigers!!!

Let me get this straight...the committee is looking at the

Dec 8, 2020, 8:35 PM

ENTIRE body of work for all of the teams, but for OSU they saw Justin Fields play well in two games, so that's enough for them. Literally what he is saying here.

The fix is in, boys!

Ryan Day's whining works. Screw OSU. Would love to whup them yet again.

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated Playoff poll

Dec 8, 2020, 11:09 PM

With OSU thrown in there at 4th, the head line should be, OSU ranked #4 in the updated Payoff poll!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So OhSt opponents are 14-19, one at 0.500

Dec 9, 2020, 8:22 AM

or above, while our opponents are 40-37 5 at 0.500 or above.

So 33 games total played versus 77 games total played (I took out Citadel from this since they aren't P5).

I am not a statistician but do they have enough information to say OhSt is one of the 4 best?

Good grief I hate them more and more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic