Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I was out fishing for spotted Bass this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 4,963

So I was out fishing for spotted Bass this morning

Jun 22, 2019, 7:09 PM

when it occurred to me that we do not have any seniors on our defensive line this year. Some one else correct me if I am wrong, but spotted bass will only strike artificial lures if they are in schools, correct? Anyway, Niles Pinkney is our only proven commodity at the 3. Here is his highlight reel from last season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm color blind

Jun 22, 2019, 7:11 PM

Do spotted bass have stripes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are thinking of striped gar***

Jun 22, 2019, 7:30 PM

Thanks - TBalm .... always looking ...

Jun 22, 2019, 7:21 PM

... ahead .... -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Why did I think this was going to be a post about ...

Jun 22, 2019, 7:23 PM

.... Spud ?!? lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: So I was out fishing for spotted Bass this morning

Jun 22, 2019, 7:36 PM

I have caught them on both live mullet and artificial jigs, crank bait and cut bait. IMO artificial lures work best at least for me. And not always when they are schooling.

Good Luck Tigerbalm1. ??????

As far as lineman, IMO we are in really good shape.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Posting something about football on a fishing board.

Jun 22, 2019, 7:39 PM

Just wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 7:58 PM

Georgia kicked that receiver off the team. Dill pickle chips.

Jun 22, 2019, 11:33 PM

The picture is not sideways, so I'm having an issue trying to follow you.

Exactly what spot did you spot a spotted bass? I'm looking for a spot-on answer.

That’s a fine paragraph***

Jun 23, 2019, 3:00 AM

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Father Daughter trip and we talked football

Jun 23, 2019, 7:45 AM

as we headed into the gulf. I hooked up my ORANGE sabiki rig and thought how great Clemson will be this year as I tossed it toward a SCHOOL of something popping the water around us. Well, they were about 20 yards out - like two first downs away. Second cast after being on spot and hooked two vermilion Snapper! Great trip!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Father Daughter trip and we talked football

Jun 23, 2019, 7:47 AM

probably a large mouth tuna, if I had to guess..

The only artificials I've caught them on are Spooks, Pop R's

Jun 23, 2019, 8:00 AM

,jigs, spinner baits, buzz baits, plastic lizards,flukes,jerk baits,and crankbaits.

But, I am pretty tuned into fishing when I am fishing....***

Jun 23, 2019, 8:01 AM

Re: The only artificials I've caught them on are Spooks, Pop R's

Jun 23, 2019, 8:08 AM [ in reply to The only artificials I've caught them on are Spooks, Pop R's ]

I do pretty well with crank baits. Catch most of my fish within a second of it hitting the water. I am too impatient to fish artificial worms. I have been told that if you want to catch the big ones you have to go to deeper water in the summer. I may try some vertical jigging in the deeper holes my next time out. There are plenty of large mouth, but for some reason I keep getting spots.

this is what I have been using with eh most success. I get strikes on this thing on about half of my casts when I find fish. Swims really nice and does not float back up to the surface when you stop reeling.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-crappie-maxx-crank?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&affcode_c=&gclid=CjwKCAjwxrzoBRBBEiwAbtX1nypHr1VWFwkCRocOW5Ees36XCH97B_DyWEH56ksmCoHYEhKWWN8sbxoCQTgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Spotted bass??

Jun 23, 2019, 8:16 AM

WTH is that. Striper or Hybrid Bass is what I've always heard them called and I remember as a kid on lake Hartwell pulling up this boat that was tearing up hybrid Bass on SHRIMP?!

Re: Spotted bass??

Jun 23, 2019, 8:20 AM

different fish all together. Spotted bass are identical to largemouth, but they are smaller. They re a stouter fish than the large mouth, and put up a heck of a fight. The best way to tell if you got one is they dive down and will swim under your boat when they fight, instead up jumping on the surface. It is rare to catch one over 3 lbs, they are the smaller cousin.

They are from Kentucky, originally I think...Suckers have

Jun 23, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Spotted bass?? ]

taken over Russell.

Some bass are resident fish. They stay in the same general

Jun 23, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: The only artificials I've caught them on are Spooks, Pop R's ]

area all year long. But, most move. Rick Clunn has a good video on how they migrate from season to season. Small mouth, which is what these are can move 40 miles on a river if not blocked by dams. The main thing to keep in mind is that your lures are like a golf bag. You wouldn't use a driver 30 yards from the green. Learn what times of the year each lure works best, although there are exceptions. For examples, spinner baits work best in low 60 degree to low 70 degree water temps on cloudy days with a little breeze. However, I have burned them across the surface in July in 60 feet of water. If the wind stops blowing, it is now time for crankbaits or soft plastics....and just keep messing around til you figure it out....

Good luck!

Spud

thank you sensei

Jun 23, 2019, 8:22 AM

I bow down to your fishing prowess.

And since we are on a football board, those small mouth are

Jun 23, 2019, 8:29 AM

like receivers. Fast, powerful, and they can get up! Everyone I caught yesterday jumped 3 feet or more in the air. Now, those big catfish I posted on here a while back....they are like Dlinemen. THEY WRECKED MY GEAR!

Re: And since we are on a football board, those small mouth are

Jun 23, 2019, 8:32 AM

no small mouth here in Florida. Spots are a thicker fish like the small mouth, and good eating. When you hook them they head down to the bottom and really fight you, then make you pull them up from under your boat. They are a lot of fun to catch. They are more like fullbacks.

Yep, a 4lb. spot is about like a 6 or 7 lb. largemouth. Have

Jun 23, 2019, 8:44 AM

you seen any anacondas yet? Or pythons?

did I tell that story, can not remember?

Jun 23, 2019, 8:58 AM

Yes, I saw a ten footer 5 years ago, solid brown snake. I thought it was an otter standing on its heels, then I walked up on it and saw that it was a constrictor with his head a good 3' off the ground. I got about 20 feet from him, he got a good wiff of me coming, and it did a 180 and launched itself into the creek. It was impressive.

Re: did I tell that story, can not remember?

Jun 23, 2019, 10:41 AM

Buddy of mine was trolling Keowee for snake heads and came across a school of sheep head. Best shell fish you’ve ever smelled.

Join the club...

Jun 23, 2019, 9:11 AM

One of my favorite pictures from this weekend’s fishing trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

you were hanging out with David Hood?

Jun 23, 2019, 9:15 AM

and... Do you know where I can get a hat like that?***

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

Re: Join the club...

Jun 23, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Join the club... ]

This picture looks shopped. That dudes’ not even wearing a Cola hat.

I can verify this photo

Jun 23, 2019, 11:00 AM

That is davidhood® in the Middle Crump® in the background, and Francis Marion Tiger on the right.

Re: I can verify this photo

Jun 23, 2019, 11:04 AM

Dang, he must workout.

Francis Marion Tiger's last login is November 6, 2006...

Jun 23, 2019, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I can verify this photo ]

should we report her overdue, I mean, she is someone's daughter.

https://www.tigernet.com/user/Francis-Marion-Tiger-63116

That is davidhood® in the Middle Crump® in the background, and Francis Marion Tiger on the right.

I probably won’t even see your post because you tagged the..

Jun 23, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to I can verify this photo ]

wrong person.

moran

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

sorry

Jun 23, 2019, 3:11 PM

still trying to get the hang of this internet thing

Francis Marion®

Francis Marion®

Francis Marion®

Francis Marion®

Francis Marion®
Francis Marion®
Francis Marion®
Francis Marion®
Francis Marion®
Francis Marion®

Francis Marion®

Re: sorry

Jun 23, 2019, 4:52 PM

I get so tired of you two fighting all the time. THIS is why I drink alone.

Replies: 33
| visibility 4,963
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic