Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just reminiscing the last time I teared up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 3,754

Just reminiscing the last time I teared up

Feb 10, 2021, 3:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^point ho

Feb 10, 2021, 3:49 PM

Crap forgot to logout, brb

I agree. You're begging hard for POTD with this one.***

Feb 11, 2021, 7:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. You're begging hard for POTD with this one.***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:44 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Never gets old!

Feb 10, 2021, 8:06 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just reminiscing the last time I teared up

Feb 10, 2021, 8:21 PM

could name a half dozen from the 2018 natty.good times!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So I got married 5 years ago

Feb 10, 2021, 8:25 PM

Married into a family with 6 kids, and they had never really been part of a family that followed sports at all. I watched that game with my wife and kids, and was, as always when it's nervous time, pacing. The family just watched as I fell to my knees and actually cried at the joy of the moment, not knowing what to make of it. My dad, a Tiger grad and lifetime Clemson fan, died in 2011, and I can remember falling on the ground and, in between sobs, crying out "We did it dad, we did it". Then I ran around my Indiana yard like a fool, and not caring one bit.

What a moment. What a truly awesome moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

know the feeling. My dad died in 2002. Wish he could’ve seen our last

Feb 10, 2021, 8:50 PM

10+ years

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Re: So I got married 5 years ago

Feb 10, 2021, 9:29 PM [ in reply to So I got married 5 years ago ]

Tiger thom, this story made my night. To understand that joy, you had to have been a long time fan. I cried too. Won’t ever forget it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2021, 9:52 PM

A lot of Clemson folks to include men cried that night but most likely won't admit it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fell on my knees too

Feb 10, 2021, 10:39 PM [ in reply to So I got married 5 years ago ]

And immediately called my dad to celebrate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Would give this post every TU I have left in my lifetime.

Feb 10, 2021, 10:52 PM [ in reply to So I got married 5 years ago ]

YES INDEED.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

My younger brother was a huge Clemson fan. He lived in

Feb 11, 2021, 7:33 AM [ in reply to So I got married 5 years ago ]

Savannah and we would talk for hours about sports, especially Clemson Football. He died late June in 2016. I wanted to call him so bad after this game. I did go to his grave the next day and shed a tear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 9:10 AM [ in reply to So I got married 5 years ago ]

You’ve left me hanging, here!! So, these 6 kids are now your kids, right? (the way you put it, it COULD mean your wife is one of six kids, right?).

But the real question is: What did THEY think of your game induced ‘stress/pain/intense elation’ attack(s)?

I’m betting you really freaked them out! LOLol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Yes, they are very much my kids now

Feb 11, 2021, 10:05 AM

Sorry, I worded it weirdly. They didn't know *exactly* what had happened as they were very new to football, and took a moment to try and figure out if it was a good thing or a bad thing I was in tears. I took a second and just said "Good, very very good" during the seemingly 10 minute review over the ensuing onside kick. They jump up and down and celebrated with me like they'd been Tiger fans their whole lives.

They've each since been to multiple games, and several are wanting to go to Clemson.

It's been so cool to see Clemson through somewhat the same lens that my dad did when he showed it off to me.

But I'll never forget that singular moment when they all bought in just a little bit to what made it so special to me.

But, as a side note, they've only known anything about Clemson since 2015 when I began to hang out with their family, so I've had to try hard to express just how special this season in Clemson football success really is. It's been hard to explain to them, who have seen us lose at most 2 games in a year, just how magical this run is. But at least many of them are hooked now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a bitterly cold night in Tampa.

Feb 10, 2021, 9:56 PM

But I didn’t care once the game started.

I remember thinking we were in trouble for most of the game. Then there was the elation of taking the lead late, only to have Alabama come back and score quickly and regain it.

On our last drive, it felt like our clock management was poor. No urgency whatsoever. But we timed it perfectly. What an amazing finish! Our Tigers finally did it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That was a bitterly cold night in Tampa.

Feb 10, 2021, 10:03 PM

Let’s be legendary!

Man, I miss Deshaun ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, my friend!

Feb 10, 2021, 10:54 PM

He was truly legendary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That was a bitterly cold night in Tampa.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:22 AM [ in reply to That was a bitterly cold night in Tampa. ]

It was cold! I too felt like we were just a play away for most of the game from being knocked out. I still had a good feeling when we got the ball back. Too much time with DW4 at QB. Then when Gallman managed to avoid a big loss, Williams and Leggett made sick catches, I really felt we would do it. I've never hugged and cried with strangers before. I could get used to that feeling. I was in Santa Clara too, but Tampa was so cool after such a long time between winning it all. Good times never seemed so good!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2021, 11:11 PM

When Tiger Band started playing Eye of the Tiger (I think with 16 seconds left) I thought "I'm gonna cry if we lose" and then "I'm gonna cry if we win." That's when it started. 50 degrees with 22 mph wind is really cold when you're standing there with tears streaming down your face.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2021, 11:42 PM

My Dad died in August 2017 and this was the last game he got to see. I will never forget it, and the last game he saw in person was the gamecock beat down in 2016.

Feb 10, 2021, 11:42 PM

My Dad died in August 2017 and this was the last game he got to see. I will never forget it, and the last game he saw in person was the gamecock beat down in 2016.

Opposite, but related, reaction ...

Feb 11, 2021, 9:32 AM

I was jumping around, hugging everybody, and celebrating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 11, 2021, 9:49 AM

Cried then too... but the last time was was:

I guess that was one of those times when the phrase,

Feb 11, 2021, 10:19 AM

"Act like you've been there before." didn't apply. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 11, 2021, 11:16 AM

This picture is the one that gets me. Same night. We were in the end zone near the pirate ship. I remember at halftime thinking that as poorly as we had played in the first half if we just came out and played well in the second half we were going to win. That’s my daughter in the Cub mascot suit making snow angels in the confetti.

Feb 11, 2021, 11:19 AM

So help a technically challenged old dude - how do you insert the picture in the text instead of it being a file that has to be opened?

Which game was this?***

Feb 11, 2021, 11:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 11, 2021, 11:44 AM

It took me a while just now to read and TU every single post in this thread but it was totally worth it!

As for my story, I watched this entire game from the parking lot in Tampa. Couldn't pay for tickets, but wanted to be as close as possible to everything down there that week because I secretly thought it could be our last chance with Deshaun and so many others leaving.

After this catch, things are a little blurry but from what I remember: first I ran around in circles (while screaming) in the parking lot not knowing what to do, then I found my wife and gave her a HUGE hug!, then I went back to running around and hugging anyone I could find in the general area wearing orange, during this second round of laps apparently my infant daughter woke up in the RV (I can't imagine what woke her up) and my wife brought her out to celebrate with us, finally somehow I ended up laying on the ground doing snow angels in the middle of the parking lot and for some reason several others joined in. All of this seemed like it went on for an hour, but it was probably 4-5 minutes.

Once I caught my breath on the ground, I returned to watch the onside kick, the review, and then celebrated some more.

What an amazing night!

Feb 11, 2021, 4:53 PM

I was more stunned at the ending than anything else. I guess I didn't believe they'd actually score at the end. Something was going to go wrong.

That game was like something out of a sports movie that people would say would never really happen.

Replies: 29
| visibility 3,754
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic