Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I came across this when googling ACC Network and Comcast.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

So I came across this when googling ACC Network and Comcast.

Oct 9, 2019, 9:52 PM

As a Comcast customer, I wish I had dropped them before the season started. I decided to hang in there thinking they'd come around. Besides, I'd have to return my DVR that has two national championship wins, and other big games on it. I know, I can always bring them up on the laptop, but it isn't the same.

But thanks to this message from Comcast, they have helped push me along. I will definitely be dropping them. No wonder the ACC presidents went from saying call your provider and urge them to drop your provider. A couple of things really stand out in the message.

1. They say they try to keep cost down for their customers. They have increased their price multiple times a year without even a hint of a new channel. They always have some reason. Admittedly, I have five TVs, 3 DVRs and 2 digital adapters, but $273 a month is getting to be unacceptable. If I pay $300 a month for something, it better have four wheels on it.

2. They go on and on about how their customers can watch ACC sports on a lot of other channels they offer like ESPN, ESPNU, etc. They just don't get it, or they think we are stupid. They are right about one thing, I will be watching ACC sports on those channels and the ACC Network from a different provided.

Here's the link

https://www.xfinity.com/facts/accnetwork

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I came across this when googling ACC Network and Comcast.

Oct 9, 2019, 9:59 PM

I did it at the beginning of the season and wish I had done it alot sooner.

I already have both NC games in my library with Youtube TV. Didn't take long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! Good to know. I will be out the door soon, not too

Oct 9, 2019, 10:03 PM

far behind you.

Oct 9, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: So I came across this when googling ACC Network and Comcast. ]

Spectrum reduced my rate when I added the ACC Network.

Oct 9, 2019, 11:41 PM

They wanted to raise ours. We were grandfathered from Time Warner Cable.
Switched to YouTube TV. It’s been great so far and much cheaper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You do know programs in your YTTV library only stay there 9 months!

Oct 9, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: So I came across this when googling ACC Network and Comcast. ]

But you can get it on the regular You Tube!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 11:33 PM

The day you call to drop them, they’ll offer to cut your bill by 75%. I don’t know when the “go to” business plan became “stick it to your loyal customers”, but my experience is that that is the plan. You have to dump your TV/phone/internet service every 2 years ( or sooner) or they’ll fleece you for being loyal to them. They all do it. They can all get away with it because they’re all doing it.

So, when they offer to cut your bill,

Oct 10, 2019, 5:48 AM

Ask them if it's retroactive for, oh, the past 6, 12, or 18 months? That ought to get them babbling some nonsense in their native tongues.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With YouTube TV you should be able to

Oct 10, 2019, 10:33 AM

stream the NC games from the YouTube app...

Oct 10, 2019, 1:48 PM

As a Comcast customer, I wish I had dropped them before the season started. I decided to hang in there thinking they'd come around. Besides, I'd have to return my DVR that has two national championship wins, and other big games on it. I know, I can always bring them up on the laptop, but it isn't the same.

But thanks to this message from Comcast, they have helped push me along. I will definitely be dropping them. No wonder the ACC presidents went from saying call your provider and urge them to drop your provider. A couple of things really stand out in the message.

1. They say they try to keep cost down for their customers. They have increased their price multiple times a year without even a hint of a new channel. They always have some reason. Admittedly, I have five TVs, 3 DVRs and 2 digital adapters, but $273 a month is getting to be unacceptable. If I pay $300 a month for something, it better have four wheels on it.

2. They go on and on about how their customers can watch ACC sports on a lot of other channels they offer like ESPN, ESPNU, etc. They just don't get it, or they think we are stupid. They are right about one thing, I will be watching ACC sports on those channels and the ACC Network from a different provided.

Here's the link

Look at the bright side, you get EL-Rey network, Logo, and HBOesp free!

Oct 10, 2019, 1:48 PM

Here's the link

Look at the bright side, you get EL-Rey network, Logo, and HBOesp free!

I called Comcast today asking WHEN

Oct 10, 2019, 3:39 PM

they will be getting ACC Network. They told me there are NO pending discussions in progress and as of right now they WILL NOT be adding this network to their lineup. I am in New Jersey so I will be looking at other options very soon. This is a HUGE disappointment. They S*CK bigtime.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic