Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Herbie is still an SEC Homer, despite his Big 10 roots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

So Herbie is still an SEC Homer, despite his Big 10 roots?

Nov 25, 2019, 9:28 AM

Per his narrative, the SEC is all but guaranteed to get two teams into the playoffs, the outcome of games will only dictate which two.

LSU beats Georgia, this will sneak Bama in the back door yet again.

Georgia beats LSU, both of them get in, and Bama is left hanging in a New Year's Six bowl anyway.

There is only one potential monkey wrench in his master plan (unless you are drunk and think Bimbo and his boys actually have a chance to take down LSU. Lol!). I have never been a MallZone fan, but I so badly want Auburn to beat Bama this week, and LSU to smoke Georgia in the SEC Championship game, just so there can be four different conferences represented in the playoffs. The SEC was able to hype their way into owning the BCS, now they are trying to do the same thing with the four team playoff. Karma should not let it happen.

We do NOT want the Bimbo miracle against LSU, too many one loss SEC teams probably actually INCREASES the chance that two of them get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be interesting to see what the CFP Committee does...

Nov 25, 2019, 9:33 AM

if Oklahoma and Utah remain unbeaten and each win conference championships.

If Auburn beats Bama this weekend and LSU beats Georgia in the SECCG, Georgia and Bama are both out IMO, but either Oklahoma or Utah gets left out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This had better be true

Nov 25, 2019, 9:37 AM

"If Auburn beats Bama this weekend and LSU beats Georgia in the SECCG, Georgia and Bama are both out IMO."

I don't much think it can be argued that the either of those 2 loss non conference champs (each with a poor loss) should get in over any 1 or 2 loss conference champ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed !!!

Nov 25, 2019, 9:39 AM

Two losses pretty much, or at least should, eliminate a team from further consideration.

Well, obviously ONE of the Power 5 conferences will get left

Nov 25, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to It will be interesting to see what the CFP Committee does... ]

out each year in a four team playoff. That is what they all signed up for, not having two SEC teams get awarded slots due to media bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The acc could get 2 in if the conference was as weak as

Nov 25, 2019, 9:40 AM

The sec. Need more south Carolina's and vandys in the acc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: So Herbie is still an SEC Homer, despite his Big 10 roots?

Nov 25, 2019, 9:42 AM

He isnt a homer. He is a straight shooter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 9:48 AM

He has been in love with Georgia all year long. He won't be in love with the SEC if Ohio State loses in one of its next 2 games and the SEC knocks them out.

Nov 25, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: So Herbie is still an SEC Homer, despite his Big 10 roots? ]

^^Hahaha - for being such a straight shooter, he missed his target last year trying his best to get UGA into the CFP, and then Texas drug UGA up and down the field all day long. LOL - straight shooter my azzz. Maybe Kirk is just dumb as crap.

He knows that E$ecPN is still paying his salary.***

Nov 25, 2019, 9:56 AM

^^^THIS!^^^ That is how you know that the SEC bias is

Nov 25, 2019, 10:09 AM

real. Here is an Ohio State alum tooting the horn for the SEC, off a company policy memo, just like the rest of them.

You can also see the company line memo in action in that, to a man, they all changed their tune on Clemson at exactly the same time. Suddenly, we are a dangerous team that nobody wants to face, instead of being unknown and maybe not even worthy of a slot.

Re: ^^^THIS!^^^ That is how you know that the SEC bias is

Nov 25, 2019, 10:18 AM

Company memo? They dont want 4 SEC teams in the playoff if they could. They want tv rating and want teams from around the country. The last thing that would be good for TV ratings would be to have 4 teams from the same region.

Nov 25, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: So Herbie is still an SEC Homer, despite his Big 10 roots? ]

He is a straight shooter. He is not clairvoyant. He really believes in the talent of certain teams and the SEC has the best talent overall usually. If he thought So Cal was the best team in the nation he would say it.

Nov 25, 2019, 10:10 AM

What happens when A&M beats LSU, Auburn beats Alabama, GT beats Georgia, and then Georgia beats LSU in the championship game? :)

I can answer that one. You would see the first two loss team

Nov 25, 2019, 10:12 AM

from any conference make the playoffs. There is no way that the committee would leave the SEC out completely. They would just say that them beating each other just proves the overall strength and balance of that conference. It would be a load of hockey mess, but that is what they would say.

and that would mark the beginning of the end...

Nov 25, 2019, 10:22 AM

of the CFP Committee.

Re: and that would mark the beginning of the end...

Nov 25, 2019, 10:38 AM

Excuse me, but Clemson has done much better with the Playoff Committee deciding things than with the AP and Coaches' poll. The polls jack up the SEC teams at the beginning of every year and then ESECPN, ESECPNU, ESECPN2 and all the others tout these teams as the GOAT. Even most of the online stuff leans heavily toward the SEC and Big10. Get rid of the Committee and the Tigers might make the top 4 about once every 20 years.

Yep, he did the Georgia thing last year

Nov 25, 2019, 10:32 AM

and I really don't understand their advantage. They don't look great, don't win "big", and lost to a nobody team at home. Makes no sense. But they're going to have to lose the SEC C to seal this.

I don't see Georgia beating LSU***

Nov 25, 2019, 10:34 AM

Nov 25, 2019, 2:40 PM

I think Herbie is so committed to the "4 best team" theory that 'the best football in America is played in the SEC' line becomes the vehicle he uses to get the 4 best teams.

I know he rode UGa down like it was the Titanic last year, but he really wasn't sold on OK last year.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic