Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Silver lining for the tiny Dolphins contingent on TNet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Silver lining for the tiny Dolphins contingent on TNet

Jan 4, 2021, 12:00 PM

Yeah that loss to the Bills sucked, but here's the bright side: since the Titans beat the Texans (sorry Deshaun), that locked them into the #3 overall pick, which they traded to us for Tunsil! And with the Jags and Jets definitely taking QBs or trading back with teams that will take QBs, that leaves the pick of the litter of every other position to us. I'm thinking maybe the tackle from Oregon? The 3# pick and the #18 pick after winning 10 games in a rebuilding year AIN'T BAD, y'all.

The offense was patchwork all season long thanks to opt-outs, injuries, and a still-rebuilding O-line. Every outlet in the country picked us to finish 3rd or 4th in the division this year, and we were still contending for a playoff spot in week 17. Add five picks in the first three rounds of the draft and I'm liking the next couple of years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Silver lining for the tiny Dolphins contingent on TNet

Jan 4, 2021, 2:15 PM

My late husband had season tickets for many years. Including the undefeated '72 season. Some years ago he found an old ticket stub, would you like to guess what it cost then ? Answer below.

$10.00

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Silver lining for the tiny Dolphins contingent on TNet

Jan 4, 2021, 3:10 PM

Miami should trade Tua, the #3 this year and a first rounder next year to move up and get Lawrence. Jax would get Tua and two 1st rounders. Won't do better than that. Tua is a good game manager, but the Dolphins need a guy who can step up and win a game or two on his arm alone. That's not Tua, and never will be.

We would still have our first, 18th pick and could possibly pick up a couple of 1st rounders for X-Man (Howard) because he leads the league in interceptions with 10 and is wanting a huge new deal. Rumor has it that Miami would be open to trade him for picks and a player. Picks being two 1st rounders to start.

If Feilds drops to #3, then I would rather see Feilds in Miami. The closest thing to a guaranteed franchise qb is Lawrence and I would pay the price to go get him if I were the Dolphins.

There isn't a chance in h3ll that happens

Jan 5, 2021, 9:40 AM

Absolutely zero chance Jacksonville trades down. They have two firsts, two seconds and a third, just like us, plus they have five more picks after that. They've already danced the dance to get more draft capital, and now they want to spend it on the best possible players.

As for Tua, calm down. Again, look at our offense. They were never set up to do well. I'm sorry Tua didn't throw 35 touchdowns to Parker, Gesicki and....and....who, exactly? We were in contention for the worst pass catching corps in the league, after the opt-outs, injuries, and the fact that it was never good to begin with. Combine that with a weak running game behind a weak and young line and what did you expect? To beat Buffalo, the second-best team in the NFL? I'm telling you right now, you'd have seen the ugly side of Fitzpatrick in that game. We didn't stand a chance, but it wasn't Tua's fault. Remember that Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions as a rookie. I'll give Tua another year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt the draft position is a good spot to be in but

Jan 4, 2021, 3:51 PM

my main concern is, is if Tua is the guy or not. He has not looked too good so far

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic