Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Danny Ford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,653

Question about Danny Ford

Dec 30, 2013, 2:23 PM

I am a professed coot so wanted to make sure you knew this was a real question...

I read last week Danny Ford was fired...I did not know this. From reading this board for 2 years everyone speaks of him like he is the greatest coach ever, he is the guy Dabo is always compared to (dont like Dabo but respect ehat he has done at clemson). So my question is, why was he fired? And why do fans hold him so high if he was fired? TIA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about Danny Ford

Dec 30, 2013, 2:25 PM

I am a professed tiger so head back to the barnyard

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He told the board of trustees that the president

Dec 30, 2013, 2:25 PM

Chewed Levi Garret instead of Beech Nut, thus making the president gheyer than a rainbow pooping unicorn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have you on my ignore user list

Dec 30, 2013, 2:26 PM

Why does your dumb ess keep showing up ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^DrDumarse^^^^***

Dec 30, 2013, 2:28 PM

Re: Question about Danny Ford- I imagine

Dec 30, 2013, 2:30 PM

volumes can be written on what you dont know coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there was a power struggle over how certain monies were

Dec 30, 2013, 2:31 PM

to be used.

coach ford wanted a football/sports only dormitory. some, clemson's president max lennon for one, felt that further drove a wedge between student & athlete.

there were mistakes made on both sides, but in the end ford took his desires to the streets hoping for pressure from the boosters to get his way.

he bad mouthed his boss in doing so committing professional suicide.

the next year after ford resigned, the ncaa outlawed exactly what ford fought so hard to build.

in 1991 vickery hall was opened and should be considered a flame kindled from the ashes of those troubled times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^Correct and serious answer***

Dec 30, 2013, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there was a power struggle over how certain monies were

Dec 30, 2013, 4:11 PM [ in reply to there was a power struggle over how certain monies were ]

yes, there was a power struggle and the Administration didn't appreciate Danny lobbying for athletic dorms to the IPTAY leadership when they told him no. however, what ultimately did him in was the NCAA investigation. the NCAA informally implied to Clemson during the investigation that the sanctions would be more pleasant if Danny was no longer the HC. the NCAA would extort corrective action prior to sanctions being handed down...

i heard this first hand from a BOT member at the time. the BOT loved Danny but had no choice with the SMU DP case still fresh. and a few years later, i had the opportunity to ask Danny himself while he was enjoying a cold Budweiser at the Fidler Lounge in Greenville, which Danny's only reply was "sounds about right." Danny's settlement prevented him from talking about his firing. also, Danny Sheridan also said this is what happened when he spoke at the Greenville TD club some years ago. It was supposedly the NCAA's SOP during that era. now, schools lawyer up and push back. also, Danny was never directly implicated of any wrong doing in the final NCAA report.

Danny was forced out as the result of....

Dec 30, 2013, 2:37 PM

a power struggle with the President of the University, Max Lennon, and does not diminish the weight of his significant contributions to Clemson football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

thanks deadsolid

Dec 30, 2013, 2:55 PM

Essentially everything he saw has come to fruition in todays era. Wasblooking at a youtube clip of Tennessee's new center they are building....essentially if they listened to Ford then Clemson may have had a leg up in so many areas. Would you agree?

Re: thanks deadsolid

Dec 30, 2013, 3:30 PM

go to you tube and take a look at what the vols are getting ready to open up. amazing facilities.

Stupid to be 200 million dollars in debt with a reserve of

Dec 30, 2013, 5:21 PM

2 million and still be spending. They might make a bowl in a couple of years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read this book

Dec 30, 2013, 3:18 PM

will answer many questions
The Danny Ford Years At Clemson
By: Larry Williams
www.historypress.net

Simple he was Danny Ford

Dec 30, 2013, 5:39 PM

National Championship!

Silly young coot- Clemson ran off Danny years ago- probably

Dec 30, 2013, 5:44 PM

the happiest day ever in Cootlandia- so go discuss this with your Gamechicken ancestors. Danny is the man.

Re: Question about Danny Ford

Dec 30, 2013, 6:07 PM

It is all on the internet. Read it if you want to know.
Danny is at Clemson for life. In fact, he is a very big part of Clemson. Go back home and wish you had an ex-coach like Danny to be with your program as long as he lives.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,653
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic