Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should Dabos game management strategy change this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Should Dabos game management strategy change this season?

May 14, 2020, 5:24 PM

By that I mean, should he stay the course with playing a bunch of guys and not trying to win every game by the maximum number of points? I ask because theres a possibility, however small, that there either isn't a postseason or the postseason gets shortened to only the top 2 teams. If, halfway through the season, its decided the national champion is going to be determined by a media vote we are going to need to win every game going away to have a shot. Likewise, if they pair it down to only two teams we don't want to be sitting at #3 because we had a couple of 14pt wins that could have easily been 28pt wins. You get my drift I'm sure. Do you think Dabo takes any of this into account or will it be business as usual once they get on the field. Just trying to think of all possible contingencies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should Dabos game management strategy change this season?

May 14, 2020, 5:35 PM

There will not be a football season this year .
Do I think it should be probably so but it’s not going to happen.

May 14, 2020, 7:24 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but I agree. I don't think Dabo is going to have any games to manage.

May 14, 2020, 8:24 PM

Don't worry bud, there will 100% be football in some way, shape or form-- no clue about fans in attendance, the amount or any, but there will be CFB. Even the west coast schools plan on it, they have contingencies where states that do not "allow" football, will play in neighboring states. The money is too big and the health of the student athletes is too important for there NOT to be football.... That is right it is far safer and more healthy for all these kids to be on campus, they will have better nutrition, medical care, even more access to covid testing than they would at home--not to mention just be in a safer, healthier, loving environment. Many of these kids come from low income areas, bad neighborhoods, bad communities--they are far safer and better taken care of on campus in the football facilitates.... these conversations are going on behind the scenes and a big part of bringing kids back sooner rather than later... Keep in mind, read this stat earlier today: Keep in mind these athletes are over 150X more likely to be murdered or commit suicide than die from Covid-19 according to CDC government data (18-24 year olds). Football is too important to the economy and the schools, it would literally collapse and put certain universities out of business. Anyone who says there will not be football is just not being realistic, and does not understand all the moving parts and each layer of this thing.

So fear not Clemson fans and CFB fans--there will be a season to get our title back.

Dabo Swinney is 78-6.....

May 14, 2020, 9:12 PM

.....in his last 84 games. That's an unbelievable 92.8% winning percentage. Along the way he's got
2 wins over TAMU, Oklahoma, ND, Miami, Alabama, Auburn and Ohio State. And he's got 6 wins against South Carolina and 5 against FSU.

I hope he does not change a single thing in the manner in which he coaches the premier football team in America. NO ONE HAS MORE WINS OR FEWER LOSES IN THE LAST 5 SEASONS THAN DABO SWINNEY.

It seems crazy for any Tiger fan to even obliquely call for any change at all in the manner in which Dabo Swinney does anything.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Swinney is 78-6.....

May 14, 2020, 10:17 PM

I'm well aware of Dabos resume and I'm not "obliquely" calling for anything. Was just wondering if the potentially ever changing dynamic of the upcoming season might result in a change to his usual very successful philosophy. Obviously that's going to be based on a ton of hypotheticals that may never happen but if in September they say the season will end in November, for example, does he approach the games exactly the same as always or does he not? Doesn't seem like a bizarre or insulting thing to speculate about.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic