Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shot a loaded question to a SC fan last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Shot a loaded question to a SC fan last night

Feb 26, 2018, 5:48 PM

I said, “do you think that SC’s women’s basketball program is elite?” He didn’t even hesitate. He said they were definitely elite and that there was UCONN and SC then everybody else.

I then asked, “do you think that Clemson’s football program is elite?” He paused. You could see it in his eyes. He said, “they’re good, really good, but they’re not elite.”

I asked him why and compared some of the similarities between the two programs. He wasn’t having it. He said, “let’s see you lose Venables and keep winning and then I might say you guys are elite.”

Anyone surprised?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lost me right after “Shot a load

Feb 26, 2018, 5:54 PM

TMI

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You lost me right after “Shot a load

Feb 26, 2018, 5:55 PM

Lol. Your mind is in the gutter if that’s all you got out of that. Haha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2018, 6:04 PM [ in reply to You lost me right after “Shot a load ]

don't forget the part about "to a South Carolina fan last night"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to You lost me right after “Shot a load ]

How much is a load?
Five to 9 nine bullets, depending on the type of "hand" gun, which the last time I checked was how you shot a load.

Yes, surprised they could muster 'good, really good'.***

Feb 26, 2018, 5:55 PM

Re: Shot a loaded question to a SC fan last night

Feb 26, 2018, 6:01 PM

Maybe you should have said "lose Staley and see if you keep winning."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2018, 6:09 PM

The poor coot answered you like a chicken with its head cut off.

Brent Venables is the DC for Clemson's Football team, why

Feb 26, 2018, 6:15 PM

does it take losing him to prove that the program is elite? South Carolina, you and your football program suk!!!

Re: Brent Venables is the DC for Clemson's Football team, why

Feb 26, 2018, 6:29 PM

So you blew your load on a #### fan. Man what a waste.

Feb 26, 2018, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Brent Venables is the DC for Clemson's Football team, why ]

Always has and they always will. They even sucked with Spurrier, but we made them look good only bc of the Dandy Dozen recruiting class after TB was let go, and that is the only reason. None, not one of Spurrier's coot teams could play with any Dabo team once he recovered from the dandy dozen class!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2018, 9:01 PM

I won’t say those coot teams “sucked”, but you hit the nail on the head otherwise. Spurrier hit the perfect storm from 2010-2012. Really Chad Morris’ play calling & untimely 4th down penalties cost us the 2013 game. Even with 4 turnovers we were tied with them at 17 going into the 4th qtr. Anyway I’m rambling now. I freakin HATE those turds down there.

$CU wimminz hoops is absolutely NOT elite !!!!

Feb 26, 2018, 7:01 PM

UConn is Elite.

$CU is not.

They had a nice little run with A'ja Wilson carrying the team. Once she's gone, their little run will come to an end (see the results of the Tennessee game last night where Wilson did not play).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 26, 2018, 7:03 PM

Don't waste your breath had a similar Conversation with a chicken fan lately and all he talked about was how we did the acc is. When I pointed out we are seven and two verses SEC teams in the last three years he said that doesn't count, it's like talking to a six-year-old. They need to stick to women's basketball

Feb 26, 2018, 7:14 PM

That makes no sense... So we're elite with him? Or is he saying we aren't elite because we have elite coaching so it doesn't count? Either way it makes us elite... They won 1 ever natty in WBB we have 2 in FB, 1 recently, 2 NC appearances and 3 playoffs, them, 1 NC appearance 1 Natty only because the only good team in WBB (who they've never even been competitive with) had lost prior to the NC and they played a drained team. The logic they have amazes me as to why we're not good, we went through "without dw4 you're gonna be terrible" now they've changed the narrative to "without ___ you'll be terrible" and it's just constant excuses while they collect our scraps claiming they're catching up.

First, phrasing! Second, why would you talk to a coot?***

Feb 26, 2018, 7:48 PM

There's something in these hills.

Re: First, phrasing! Second, why would you talk to a coot?***

Feb 26, 2018, 8:40 PM

Well, he is a friend of mine. It is hard to talk to him sometimes though when everything Clemson sucks in his mind.

Also, when he said for us to continue winning without Venables he was saying that in each of the last 3 years Saban/Bama lost a coordinator or coach and continued winning. It’s just another way to not give us credit.

Re: First, phrasing! Second, why would you talk to a coot?***

Feb 27, 2018, 10:11 AM

What holds that type of friendship together especially, if you are a hard core Tiger fan???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shot a question to a loaded SC fan last night***

Feb 26, 2018, 8:29 PM

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shot a question to a loaded SC fan last night***

Feb 26, 2018, 8:52 PM

Who talks about women's basketball? Ever? Anywhere? And why?

Feb 26, 2018, 8:59 PM

They also told us we were totally screwed when we lost Morris and we got better, so take it for what it's worth.

Feb 27, 2018, 10:16 AM

Lets not forget about how they laughed even on their talk radio sports when Dabo was hired as our HC. They made statements like if we kept Dabo as our HC, that they would pay his salary. Ask them about that now, and they would say they never said a crazy thing like that, but they surly did!!!

come on mods

Feb 26, 2018, 9:23 PM

groce

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 26, 2018, 9:46 PM

That's fine...I think I'll take the opinions of ESPN (Fowler and Herbstreit), Sports Illustrated, USA Today, SBNation and CBS Sports over a coot any day.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Chris-Fowler-Clemson-is-elite-and-isnt-going-anywhere-15524

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/with-clemson-now-elite-dabo-swinney-should-not-replace-nick-saban-if-the-time-comes/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2017/12/03/clemson-confirms-elite-status-third-college-football-playoff-berth/917895001/
"Clemson confirms elite status with third consecutive College Football Playoff berth"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2016/12/23/clemson-tigers-join-the-elite-still-struggle-with-expectations/95788384/
"Clemson, as one of nation's elite, gets used to big expectations"

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/01/10/clemson-tigers-win-national-championship
"Clemson became one of the nation’s elite programs because it decisively and aggressively committed resources to pursuing championships"

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/5/21/15655488/trevor-lawrence-xavier-thomas-clemson-2018
"Clemson’s 2017 class had an average 247Sports Composite player rating of 92.09, an elite score. This season, they’re taking quality to an even higher level. The Tigers signed four of the country’s top nine players on the first day of the Early Signing Period. "

Feb 27, 2018, 12:17 AM

First off, I can’t speak chicken, so that puts a real damper on my chicken conversation opportunities. Secondly, I’ve adopted the SEC world view on chickens. Nobody in the SEC cares what a chicken thinks and neither do I.

Feb 27, 2018, 12:22 PM

#1 In Women's basketball there is UConn and then everyone else. They have 11 national Championships and 10 of the last 18. Coots have 1. Coots also only have 2 Final 4 appearances.

#2 The coots said the same thing when Boyd left, then said the same thing when Morris left, then said the same thing when Watson left. I guess it's Brent's turn to take all the credit for the success now.

#3 Who cares about Women's sports? People that are on the team, people with family or friends on the team, people in fan bases whose men's teams suck.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic