»
Topic: Shockers crash 50 yrs.
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 3, 2020, 1:56 AM by: TigerSurvivor®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Shockers crash 50 yrs.

[1]
Posted: Oct 2, 2020, 8:09 PM

ago today.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29993873/three-generations-later-secrets-wichita-state-devastating-plane-crash-unfolding

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

Lucky Johnson

Re: Shockers crash 50 yrs.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020, 9:04 PM

Isn't a generation generally considered around 70 years ?

link

[3]
Posted: Oct 2, 2020, 9:32 PM

I was leaving the AF in 1971 and doing the job search. I had a call from an insurance company inquiring if I had any interest in that business. The caller was nice and impressive, but I had no interest in getting into insurance.

He told me that he had been an assistant coach at Wichita State and decided to leave coaching after the 1969 season. He lost a lot of friends and likely would have been killed in the crash if he had stayed at WS.

We talked a long time, and I could tell that plane crash was really troubling him. We never talked again.

link

A generation is typically . . .

[3]
Posted: Oct 2, 2020, 10:36 PM

20-30 years . . .

2021 white level member link

Re: A generation is typically . . .

[1]
Posted: Oct 3, 2020, 1:56 AM

In scripture, a generation is considered 40 years.

2021 orange level member link

i was 11 years old. I remember the front page of the

Posted: Oct 2, 2020, 9:51 PM

Greenville News had a picture of the wreckage with a bloody helmet. I believe the Marshall crash was the same year, with everyone killed in that crash.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

[1]
Posted: Oct 2, 2020, 11:26 PM

My dad and I went to the Marshall Game on Nov 7th, and the cheerleaders were asking for donations for Wichita State. The following Saturday, the Marshall plane went down.

Three kids in my class lost one or both parents. My parents lost friends. My sister lost friends. The head coach was a neighbor. That was tough.

link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 lower deck season tickets: North Stands, 2 in L and 2 in K. $2920 for package (IPTAY Fee + Seat Eq...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1333 people have read this post