Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know some of you guys hate you some AOC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,222

I know some of you guys hate you some AOC

Feb 22, 2021, 9:53 AM

but I think you have to give her her due on this help Texas thing. She has raised almost 5 million dollars for relief - she has been on the ground helping people - and she has lived up to her belief that we are all better when we work together.

What ever else you have to say about her (and I am sure we will hear it all down below), she has done well this week.

https://www.newsweek.com/aoc-beto-orourke-raise-5-million-texas-dems-staff-houston-food-bank-1570835

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know some of you guys hate you some AOC

Feb 22, 2021, 9:59 AM

Sure. AOC is not all bad. Beto is not all bad and not always goofy. Trump was not all bad.Good work AOC and Beto on this. Give credit where credit is due.Now, to bash her--perhaps she can encourage another business to bail on NY and instead of going to VA like Amazon, come to TX!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's check in on ACTUAL war criminal, Mr. Allen West.

Feb 22, 2021, 10:13 AM

https://twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1362875855207206914?s=20

https://twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1362876012019601408?s=20

https://twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1362876145406906369?s=20

https://twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1362876292660563971?s=20

Anybody curious about how much money Allen West receives in campaign contributions from the Oil industry? Because those figures are available, along with Abbott, Crenshaw, and Cruz. It's so strange how these narratives form. I just can't figure it out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude seems pretty upset...

Feb 22, 2021, 11:44 AM

Over someone raising money to help out his fellow Texans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

and spreading propaganda against green energy

Feb 22, 2021, 5:59 PM

as has been the case in conservative media.

Feb 22, 2021, 10:34 AM

I think her efforts were more motivated to make texas look bad than over any sort of altruistic intentions. She is one of the more accomplished trolls in the house. But she gets a nice slow clap from me on this one.

JMHO.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not my place to turn my nose up at millions of dollars

Feb 22, 2021, 10:53 AM

raised to help other people's suffering. That is good, no matter how you look at it.

But I agree with Balm. It's hard to believe that AOC's main motivator is not to flip the bird to her political opposition. Indeed, I would not at all be surprised if many of her contributors did so just because they saw exactly what was going on and enjoyed the idea of contributing to this cause to join in the bird flippage.

But hey...if you're going to troll, at least do some good out of it. It's like harnessing the screams of children in Monsters Inc. At least she harnessed pettiness and American divisiveness to help those in need.

null

Re: It's not my place to turn my nose up at millions of dollars

Feb 22, 2021, 1:23 PM

it is all politics, Texas is on the verge of flipping. I think trolling may be too blunt a description, it is calculated trolling

Feb 22, 2021, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I know some of you guys hate you some AOC ]

balm and swarley

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but I would like to point out that there is a high degree of speculation in them.

Oh, okay. Noted.***

Feb 22, 2021, 11:42 AM

null

Feb 22, 2021, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I know some of you guys hate you some AOC ]

Come on, toby.

The girl's an idealist, granted.

She's also a stone-cold killer when it comes to her instinct for the political jugular, and more effective than Bernie ever was at his best...and Bernie was pretty durn effective for a Commie. She's got at least a good two steps on him. She's VI Lenin meets Che Guavera with a nice bod, Quickdraw McFinger on Twitter, and she's going to wind up in the White House if we're not careful.

She just made about a gazillion political brownie points in the last two days...and oh, yeah, completely finished wrecking whatever rep Ted Cruz had left.

I'm starting to worry about that girl.

Feb 22, 2021, 1:32 PM

I think you guys are giving here a bit too much political savvy credit. Admittedly, she is way ahead of the older folks on twitter, but she has made some missteps along the way - and she will make some more. As she gets deeper into this game, other players will compensate.

And I think she is winning the public game far more than she is the corporate game - which will be necessary if she aspires to the WH.

Still, this was well done, even if I think she is a bit less calculated than y'all do.

Feb 22, 2021, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I know some of you guys hate you some AOC ]

Of course, we are not Mind readers, but based on her antics in the past, I think she is more playing games than anything. I applaud her for this though, it is rather brilliant politicking and thumbing of her nose at Cruz and Abbott.

And as I said, she gets a standing slow clap from me. She makes this sport far more entertaining.

Feb 22, 2021, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I know some of you guys hate you some AOC ]

Yup.

Girl can play the game.

Anyone watch Imposters on Netflix

Feb 22, 2021, 4:18 PM

Have no idea how old or how popular it was/is, but my wife found it and we started watching it. Only a few episodes in...

Now that main character woman is pure evil!

Not a big fan of AOC - but I was impressed to hear her

Feb 22, 2021, 10:38 AM

speak out against Cuomo in NY.

She has the name recognition to quickly raise funds - I'm glad she used it. Hopefully other "high profile" folks will do the same.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone doing charitable work deserves their due credit....

Feb 22, 2021, 10:41 AM

I despise her politics and political tactics and I think she is ignorant on most issues of great import.

But I don't "hate" her. I think anyone that "hates" another based on their political opinions needs to take a long hard look at themselves. "Hating" those with which we disagree is a big problem right now IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still think as she gets older...

Feb 22, 2021, 10:45 AM

She'll calm down with a lot of those views. They're pretty idealistic.

Or she won't and get booted. Or she'll pretend she still believes in them to get votes. I dunno.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Keen insight :)***

Feb 22, 2021, 10:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still think as she gets older...

Feb 22, 2021, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I still think as she gets older... ]

I don't see her moderating her views. I never thought I could see myself donating money to Chuck Schumer.We'll see.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still think as she gets older...

Feb 22, 2021, 11:04 AM

She won't moderate her views. She'll get better at hiding her views.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She has demonstrated the speed and efficiency of voluntary

Feb 22, 2021, 11:33 AM

action as opposed to muh gubment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AOC is doing Jesus' bidding since Republicans won't do it***

Feb 22, 2021, 2:07 PM

Feb 22, 2021, 8:35 PM

Beware of Gooks offering gifts.........................she's not the least bit trustworthy. The radical left doesn't indulge in anything not designed to curry favor and votes! Surely you've figured that out by now??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ALL politicians "curry favor and votes". Which side, no mas.***

Feb 22, 2021, 11:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know some quality charities in blue states if

Feb 26, 2021, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I know some of you guys hate you some AOC ]

Any Republican senators want to own some libs at their own game.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,222
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic