Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seriously though about Coach Elliott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Seriously though about Coach Elliott

Jan 25, 2021, 6:48 PM

One thing I’ve just noticed is whether it be Jeff Scott, Brent Venables, or Tony Elliott. Over the last few years every time there has been a big media bombshell about one of the coaches leaving the rumor has been quickly dispelled by the Coach in question. The fact that we haven’t heard anything from Elliott publicly leads me to believe it’s 50/50 at this point on whether or not he takes the Tennessee job. I would love to see him stay at Clemson longer since we are on top but I also would love to see him be successful in building and leading his own program. Good luck to him either way.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously though about Coach Elliott

Jan 25, 2021, 6:53 PM

one thing that has changed in the last 6 months or so.....Dabo and our coaching staff are completely sick of the media....anything that comes of our their mouths gets twisted, scrutinized, and taken out of context...I really believe they are only talking when and only when its required or needed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 6:59 PM

It's too bad that all the false rumor spreaders can't also get sick of the media.

I agree, it's either yes or no***

Jan 25, 2021, 7:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Gets it ^^^^

Jan 25, 2021, 8:04 PM

I try and tell my wife in Vegas the odds never matter. It’s always 50/50. either you win or lose.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gets it and 50-50....

Jan 25, 2021, 8:32 PM

I recall being taught in Statistics at Clemson, that even if you had a perfectly balanced coin and a machine that could flip that coin precisely the same way every time, you still would not get an equal number of heads and tails, ie. ‘50-50’.

ijs

PS: As for Elliot (or any of our assistants), EVENTUALLY every one of them will consider AND take - a higher paying job somewhere. A person can not be criticized - nor expected - to turn down an opportunity to make more
money. I do think DHood made a solid point about how much of a dumpster fire the Tenn fb program is going to be for a few years though. Looking on the bright(?) side of that, though, it could also mean one is probably going to get a pass on the first three or four years....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:43 PM

Tony Elliott is a very private person and will not talk about what he is thinking until he thinks he has something to announce. That is what I like about him. Christian, honest, humble. He deserves the best and isn't looking to jump at anything. He will take his time and decide what God has planned for him. I hope he stays at Clemson. Can't get much better than that

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic