Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question what happens if Trevor Lawrence shows out in spring game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Jan 6, 2018, 7:52 PM

What happens if Trevor Lawrence show out. and looks 10 times better then Kelly Bryant. In the spring game and Kelly Bryant still srarts. What kind of melt down will there be on tigernet? Just curious however I like Kelly Bryant he had a heck of a year 12-2 great season. However next season is a new year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question what happens if Trevor Lawrence shows out in spring game?

Jan 6, 2018, 7:56 PM

He might not get to play! KB and HJ and ZC and CB. HAHAHAHA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 7:57 PM

It’s just a scrimmage. Would need to see him against opposing hosses on other teams in a real game.

Watch the UGA game in 2014 if you think that's the case.***

Jan 6, 2018, 8:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch the UGA game in 2014 if you think that's the case.***

Jan 7, 2018, 10:41 AM

DW4 playing in that game was 100% Chad Morris!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Serious question what happens if Trevor Lawrence shows out in spring game? ]

What if the other teams hosses as you put it, had been given the beer!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 7:57 PM

Means little to nothing the way they shuffle up the linemen and backs, honestly.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:43 AM

The spring is for the coaches taking a look at players in certain situations, and that is the real deal!!!

Best case he starts out as the 3rd string when season starts

Jan 6, 2018, 8:05 PM

Unless KB gets hurt or leaves, KB will be the starter IMO. Let's remember that DW4 didn't "beat out" Cole Stoudt for the opener. Stoudt had no starting experience and Watson still didn't get the nod. So now we have KB leading the team to a 12-2 record and birth in CFP in his first starting year. I don't see any way that he won't be the starter going into week 1. Again, just my opinion based on recent Dabo history. Also remember that Feaster wasn't the starter in week one of this year (I don't think anyway but that was a long time ago).

Jan 6, 2018, 8:09 PM

KB had a great season and I was pleasantly surprised by his performance. He led the team with poise and confidence all year. He will likely be better next year. TL is the best qb I've seen come out of high school. He also hasn't played against a college defense. Let's let this thing play out and trust the coaches that are making a fortune to make these decisions. Regardless of who lines up under center, I like our chances against whomever we play. Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predict there will be numerous meltdowns on here

Jan 6, 2018, 8:14 PM

regardless of how anybody plays in the spring game or who starts in the fall.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 6, 2018, 8:18 PM

Judging from past Spring Games, I expect KB to not play and stand behind the formation with Dabo doing Mental Reps just like DW4 did.
Let the other QB's battle it out for the #2,3,4 and 5 spot on the Depth Chart.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner. Brandon Streeter said the

Jan 6, 2018, 8:44 PM

same thing almost word for word a day or two after the loss to Bama. Saying, they know what they have with KB, and that the spring would be working with the other QB's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 8:20 PM

I think its consensus that TL is the more talented qb. its just a matter of experience and knowledge of the offensive scheme. thats why KB will probably start but its not a given

Jan 6, 2018, 8:20 PM

Nothing. KB could throw 95 picks and TL or HJ could throw for 800 yards and 10 Touchdowns, and KB would still be the starting QB game one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 9:13 AM

What you just posted is ludicrous. Please trust the process.

Jan 6, 2018, 8:30 PM

So look, without trying to answer this, I can tell you what is most likely to happen based on experience.

Our coaching staff will evaluate talent and determine which 1) scheme, and 2) personnel will result in the most wins. You need look no further than this year’s offensive approach versus last as a fresh example of this difference.

Next year we’ll have a number of changing dynamics on both sides of the ball. In terms of the offense, it’s clear we’ve been recruiting second to NONE at the quarterback position. Our futurelooks very bright at RB and WR as well.

In my view, going into next season one or more of out QBs will represent a better passing option than KB. My words. Don’t hit me. But do they represent an overall better chance to win and win it all?

I have confidence our system, coaches, and perfectly balanced combination of virtues and talents they possess will result in the most optimal direction.

The best is yet to come-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 8:40 PM

He will be the 5th one up

1. KB
2. HJ
3. ZC
4. Chase Brice
5. TL

Jan 6, 2018, 8:42 PM

Reporters will ask Dabo after practice and he will say

If the season started today, KB would be the starter. He hasn't done anything to lose the starting job.

Rinse and repeat

Is this a rhetorical question?***

Jan 6, 2018, 8:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meltdowns on TNet

Jan 6, 2018, 8:53 PM

Never happen.

Jan 6, 2018, 8:58 PM

he would be the 1000th that had a good spring grow up

Jan 6, 2018, 9:12 PM

I have the answer, are you ready for it. If Trevor is setting the spring game on fire with 6 TDs with zero ints, Dabo will make a statement about how good he is doing, and the QB challenge will continue through the fall practice, and when the time comes to choose the starter, Dabo and coaches will say that Kelly Bryant gives us the best chance to win, and it will take a full team of mules to pull Dabo away from his choice of KB being the starter!!!

Jan 6, 2018, 9:41 PM

Before the Spring Game there will be a news piece on how KB is really showing more leadership this year and greater poise.

DS always says the best player will start no matter.....

Jan 6, 2018, 10:29 PM

their past playing experience, etc. If Lawrence earns the job he'll start.

Re: DS always says the best player will start no matter.....

Jan 6, 2018, 10:55 PM

Tre Lamar says "Hello".

He'll Develop A Mysterious Stinger

Jan 6, 2018, 10:54 PM

And have no chance of seeing the field until he changes his last name to Davis or Greenlee.

Jan 6, 2018, 11:01 PM

He'll be named somewhere between 3rd-5th string QB

nothing we will be told that bryant is far better

Jan 7, 2018, 1:06 AM

and trevor sucks in practice ..meanwhile the offense will continute to struggle to beat average teams like wake forrest and bc.

The spring game is scripted and incredibly generic...

Jan 7, 2018, 7:47 AM

so it won't mean anything particularly if KB sees very little if any real playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The spring game is scripted and incredibly generic...

Jan 7, 2018, 10:36 AM

I've often thought the same bc, always it seems that one team has the most of the better players!!!

Why do I care if the ne'er do wellers on TNet have a melt down?***

Jan 7, 2018, 10:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has recruited him now ... TL goes to back of the line

Jan 7, 2018, 12:31 PM

But he may work himself up given time

Two Words

Jan 7, 2018, 12:47 PM

PAUL MACKO

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dabo will say KB makes all the right decisions in practice

Jan 7, 2018, 1:43 PM

I'm not sure what sort of scoring system they used last year but according to Dabo, KB won the scoring. I think it's like the Mrs America Contest where swimsuit means nothing. They ask you questions and stuff like that.

Re: Dabo will say KB makes all the right decisions in practice

Jan 7, 2018, 3:14 PM

Also don’t make the mistake and assume KB doesn’t get better. For a 1st year starter, heck of a season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If TL is the best QB coming out of the spring...

Jan 7, 2018, 4:11 PM

He should be the first string QB going into the fall. Period. Put the best player on the field.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic