Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems most espn talking heads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Seems most espn talking heads

Aug 23, 2018, 12:19 PM

Thought urban got off way too easy. Hopefully they stay far away as possible when picking game day sites this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems most espn talking heads

Aug 23, 2018, 12:23 PM

jrsimps said:

Thought urban got off way too easy. Hopefully they stay far away as possible when picking game day sites this year.

If he indeed lied and tried to cover up evidence to the investigation...yeah, he got off easy. Shockingly easy, especially considering how bad OSU presently looks with other ongoing scandals.

Re: Seems most espn talking heads- proper blame here

Aug 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

goes to his doctor and pharmacist for the prescription drugs he uses to give him his convenient memory lapses. He could remember if he was lying or not. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: couldn't not could

Aug 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

sorry

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems most espn talking heads ]

If he didn't lie, what then exactly is the three game suspension for?

Aug 23, 2018, 1:55 PM

Impropriety ? To make sure he was good and hydrated in week 4 ?

Were we supposed to guess ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Q what do you think?

Aug 23, 2018, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems most espn talking heads ]

I see we go head to head with Meyer in recruiting quite often. It seems we recruit the same type of player. Not that this is the real issue here but I think this helps us out on the recruiting trail. Of course public perception of this situation will vary from person to person.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just check this guy's track record through the years........

Aug 23, 2018, 12:31 PM

to include with the Florida Gators and it's obvious he's all just about winning at all costs. And no surprise that the Ohio State administrators covered for him.

Aug 23, 2018, 12:35 PM

The AD should be off the playoff committee as well. Guys just as culpable.

Re: Seems most espn talking heads- most likely

Aug 23, 2018, 12:43 PM

each of these talking heads have something as bad or worse in their closet if you read some of the behind the scenes ESPN stuff.

The President of OSU is the one that needs to be fired

Aug 23, 2018, 1:08 PM

Up front I have three daughters and I promised my wife just before we got married that I would never hit her in anger so I have nothing but scorn and unmentionable feelings for any man that beats up on his wife. With that said I have seen a few wives that probably should have had the whatever beaten out of the but that is a different story. From what I have read that very few of the writers seem to want to admit so you have to look for it closely, I can't really see what Urban did that was so bad and in fact very little that he did wrong. About the 2015 incident if you check it out it was a setup by Courtney Smith to entrap her ex and was corroborated by at least one other witness. To me she should have been charged with filing a false police report. The Press asked Urban about the time Zach was arrested in 2015 and Urban replied he didn't know about it which was true. He was not arrested, nor was there any restraining order against him.

From what the report says as I have heard both and his wife doubted what Courtney was telling and just trying to get Zach in trouble. Technically Urban was not lying at first but should have gone on to explain himself better and not dig a deeper hole. If you are going to fire every coach that looks into the eye of a reporters camera and lies then you are going to need to fire a bunch of coaches. I remember Charlie Pell being interviewed and denying that he was going to Florida on the late news then being announced the new HC at Florida the next morning. I know Pell in not the best example but he is just one of many that stand in front of cameras every season and deny they are even talking to another school while their agent negotiates their contract at the same time.

Every report I saw late yesterday afternoon said that the board was willing to let Urban off with no punishment while the President demanded that he be fired. I think that was what I saw at the News Conference last night and the apparent attitude of everyone speaking at the conference seemed to confirm that. As for Urban not apologizing to Courtney Smith, to me she is the one who needs to be apologizing. Maybe if Zach had beat the #### out of her he would have been arrested and Urban would have had to fire him. Then we wouldn't have had this whole mess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The President of OSU is the one that needs to be fired

Aug 23, 2018, 1:32 PM

Not arguing with anything you said.

I can't really see what Urban did that was so bad and in fact very little that he did wrong.

If true, again I say what exactly is the three game suspension for?

that's because he doesn't coach in the SEC. It really is***

Aug 23, 2018, 1:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's because he doesn't coach in the SEC. It really is***

Aug 23, 2018, 1:43 PM

To the extensive statement above, I suggest you listen to Urban's self serving interview where he doesn't even mention the "victims" name and, when asked, simple says "I wish we weren't even here." Follow the real facts on ESPN and others, which you seem to take issue with. And then also research the numerous "situations" that took place at Florida under his watch. He's an arrogant.............

Aug 23, 2018, 1:57 PM

Give it a month or two and those same people will be talking about this whole affair as a mitigating factor when it comes to Ohio State making the playoff if they drop a game.

Aug 23, 2018, 4:18 PM

Like to TCU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic