Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seeking a recommendation from those that know. Wifey wants
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,597

Seeking a recommendation from those that know. Wifey wants

Jul 6, 2020, 10:27 AM

to vacation for a week at Folly Beach or nearby July 29 - Aug 5. Wants beachfront or at least a spectacular view of the ocean. She and her two Straight-A daughters usually go to Florida. But, with things so "iffy" it makes sense to stay closer to home. She's a nurse, deals, with inmates for 12 hours each night. Just wants a good, relaxing break in a safe, clean, and quiet room. She's prefers practicality over flair (except in me...I'm very flair-ee!)

Are pools open? Restaurants?

Any recommendations from those that know? I would never ask here if there was some legitimate football to discuss.

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: The Mole®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seeking a recommendation from those that know. Wifey wants

Jul 6, 2020, 10:41 AM

Go to IOP

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 10:46 AM

Folly would not be at top of my list. Just my personal opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 12:16 PM

Agreed. Crowded and not safe. Try Beaufort and go to hunting island state park. You can distance well there.

Concur^^

Jul 6, 2020, 12:34 PM

A rental on Fripp Island maybe. Very quiet and the beach is beautiful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 11:00 AM

Restaurants are open, but don't know about pool. I would rent within walking distance of the town, so that you don't have to drive unless you want to venture off Folly. I can't remember the names but there are two main companies that handle 90% of the rentals. I think one is Fred Holland Realty.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 12:17 PM

I sent you a T mail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jvilletiger

Jul 6, 2020, 12:41 PM

Best answer, knowingly safe non infected people are safe among each other. It's the people that you don't know if they're safe is where you can get into trouble. If they don't put that guarantee in place where they will be staying, or if it's not possible to put that guarantee in place where they will be at, It's a huge risk!!! The number of infected people in SC is very high, and that puts the people that aren't infected at a high risk every time they're out among other people. I look at it like this, I know that myself and my wife are not infected, but we don't know who our family members have been around, or even if they are safe, so we don't get around each other without distance and mask, and they all understand that without anybody's feeling being hurt....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try Fripp Island...beach not as crowded and pools are

Jul 6, 2020, 1:18 PM

limiting capacity so good social distancing. If you have kids they have Camp Fripp. A few restaurants nearby and Beaufort is just a short 20 minute drive for additional restaurants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 1:22 PM

Thank you for everyone's opinion.

Jul 6, 2020, 3:18 PM

Apparently a minority opinion, but I'll give it anyway.

I grew up in Charleston and my family had a house on IOP for 25 years or so. I've vacationed up and down the east coast a lot of places south of Virginia in my 48 years of married life, with and without kids. I've had fun on the white sands of the Florida panhandle, spent some time on the beaches in California and 3 weeks last year in Hawaii.

I've also stayed at Folly Beach off and on for about 50 years. Last time was last fall. I'm not sure if the restaurants are open now or how full the beach is. Folly is a great, old time beach scene, with great atlantic sand, good water and plenty to do nearby in Charleston. The 'town' part of Folly is small, but typical of how beaches in SC and Florida were in the 60s and 70s. It is not a country club environment, but that's not what I'm looking for when I go to the beach. My last two trips to Folly we stayed in the Charleston Oceanfront Condo building close to the center of town and had a good time. Great views from the upper floors, a pool on the ocean side and since it's a condo it works like a hotel. Park the car, ride the elevator and move in. Easy to do. It has been a good place to relax when we've stayed there.

Have fun no matter where you go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Seeking a recommendation from those that know. Wifey wants ]

You mentioned wifey wants a "room" so if you're thinking hotel, at Folly there's just the one, The Tides, previously a Holiday Inn. It's right there at the downtown of Folly so most everything is walking distance. It has a pool although I don't know if it's open. And I do know that Folly is enforcing wearing masks in the downtown part and the restaurants are doing the social distancing thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 6, 2020, 3:36 PM

Fripp and Harbor Island in Beaufort county would also be good choices.

Jul 6, 2020, 4:05 PM

Folly Beach is one of the worst beaches in the state besides being in Charleston County. If it were not for the hospitals, the whole county could fall in the ocean And I would not miss it. What does your wife want to do while you are at the beach, considering all the social distancing standards?

Jul 6, 2020, 4:29 PM

I recommend staying home and using the money saved for breast implants. The gift that keeps on giving.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,597
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic