Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Second viewing thoughts; feel free to post yours too
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,373

Second viewing thoughts; feel free to post yours too

Sep 30, 2018, 10:51 AM

Tee Higgins is an absolute monster when it comes to downfield blocking. Consistently has his man engaged 20 yards downfield.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great observation!

Sep 30, 2018, 10:59 AM

wr blocking is undervalued by most fans.

one observation i had was how much AJ Terrell is developing. he really held his own yesterday in a difficult game for a cb

Re: great observation!

Sep 30, 2018, 11:17 AM

Yea was glad he got the INT. Think it gave him a confidence boost that he needed. I like his physical play. He can absolutely disrupt the screen game when he's confident enough to react quickly.

Re: great observation!

Sep 30, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to great observation! ]

I thought AJ looked stellar as well. My take on it was before the TL injury, we were moving the ball pretty well. 3 turnovers in our territory really helped Cuse in this game. We need a few games to iron out the kinks with the O and we should be fine.

Upcoming.

At Wake
Open Date <- great place for this.
NC State <- Our biggest remaining game. They should be ranked fairly high by this game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Second viewing thoughts; feel free to post yours too

Sep 30, 2018, 11:01 AM

I have to agree with announcers that we should be throwing more on early downs. It worked when we did it, and opened up the running game that much more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:15 AM

I agree with you when TL is in the game but was really excited to see our OCs go with the ground and pound approach (and have success with it) in the second half. I think the same OL members, namely Pollard and Cervenka, who sometimes struggle in pass pro, can mow people down in the run game. Really do think this offense has a chance to be special if they can find balance and get a few OL issues sorted.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Second viewing thoughts; feel free to post yours too ]

Then the announcers are morons. That’s why they’re in the booth

These tough early games will be beneficial later

Sep 30, 2018, 11:05 AM

I am still reviewing the game and see many bright spots--number one being the ability to overcome adversity.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,373
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic