Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Season tickets...Iptay sucks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 5,255

Season tickets...Iptay sucks

Feb 4, 2021, 6:05 PM

Who else got screwed on baseball...no loyalty I should have known. Mid level donor here and we got all of tickets except sc and etsu...we got standing room only ga state...yeah grandparents prime seats for football and we said infield easier for us and we would take a few games of but needed infield and we are local and attend them all and handicap. Yeah well here we are...only game games thru March so idk if get more or not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Season tickets...Iptay sucks

Feb 4, 2021, 6:09 PM

Iptay does not suck. The pandemic sucks. Just glad we've got baseball back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Feb 4, 2021, 6:11 PM

IPTAY is a powerful organization. Even with our covid restrictions they should be able to grant every members wishes.

Feb 4, 2021, 7:16 PM

All about money...no loyalty. Can’t pass down seats and such. We have gotten moved all over campus for parking for football...same as many friends and family as well.

Feb 4, 2021, 9:34 PM

If you could pass down seats there would never be any openings between the 20’s. Ever.

Most people I know that think it’s unfair that tickets can’t be passed down don’t give anything to IPTAY, just mooch off of granddaddy. Then when he dies get pissed that you don’t get to keep his 50 yard line seats.

Feb 5, 2021, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Season tickets...Iptay sucks ]

We pay high prices to get a chance to pay high prices for tickets. Reality of our “commitment “ to football. 13.4 million for 3 football coaches. The men who make that money for them? The right to a scholarship and money to cost of attendance, great food, all the apparel and a college degree. Oh and the chance to play in a national pandemic.

Feb 5, 2021, 9:24 AM

It's a concept called supply and demand.

It has been around for a while.

If you aren't willing to pay for what you want, then somebody else will. This means the seller gets to drive up the price to meet demand.

I'm sure you could have an easier time handpicking your seats and parking if you chose to be a fan of Wake Forest or GA Tech football.

I dont have a problem with passing seats down if...

Feb 5, 2021, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Season tickets...Iptay sucks ]

the next generation is meeting the same donation levels each year. You are correct it is all about money and thats not going to change. The same can be said for just about every other program that cares about football. I will add it is a little disingenuous for them to just say show me the money and a long time donor is cast aside for new, bigger money. Thats the nature of the beast but does turn you off a bit.

Feb 4, 2021, 7:25 PM

Careful. They’re watching.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 7:50 PM

I agree with Bootie. You should be able to pass down seats. If so, you would be riding the coattails of others. You did not pay the money so you should not be entitled to anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 7:56 PM

I know they had limited tickets to work with. I got 2 tickets for each of the Feb and March home games except for UoSC.
48 yearsIPTAY member ,, IPTAY ( $3,500) level donor, 402 priority points and baseball season ticket holder since 1989. Was pretty disappointed that I didn’t get UoSC tickets. Oh well.

Feb 4, 2021, 8:31 PM

Sorry for your troubles but COVID, not IPTAY, happened and over 450,000 Americans have died, businesses have closed by the thousands and millions of people are still out of work. IPTAY is a great organization that provides scholarships for hundreds of Clemson students because that is what the young men and women are, students.

How many of that 450,000 had preexisting conditions

Feb 4, 2021, 8:35 PM

and were over the age of 90?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

How many of that 450,000 died of something else but counted as COVID?

Feb 4, 2021, 8:47 PM

or even died "with COVID" but not because of COVID.

Poor old Sir Tom Moore died at the age of 100, "from COVID," not from being old. It was the COVID.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: How many of that 450,000 had preexisting conditions

Feb 4, 2021, 8:50 PM [ in reply to How many of that 450,000 had preexisting conditions ]

Stupid, irrelevant post

^^^^^^^ believes cnn and msnbc

Feb 5, 2021, 8:14 AM

Thanks for input. It has been considered and deemed

Feb 5, 2021, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: How many of that 450,000 had preexisting conditions ]

stupid, irrelevant, and redundant.

Congratulations on your two posts lifetime in the same thread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 4, 2021, 8:50 PM [ in reply to How many of that 450,000 had preexisting conditions ]

Stupid, irrelevant post

You didn’t answer my question.

Feb 4, 2021, 9:02 PM

So does that make your post even stupider and more irrelevant?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Feb 5, 2021, 1:04 PM [ in reply to How many of that 450,000 had preexisting conditions ]

Per the CDC there have been 135,324 COVID deaths in the US for ages 85+ which would be roughly 30% of the overall number. There have been 117,104 deaths for those aged between 75-84 which would make up about another 26%.

Of course those at a higher age are at a much higher risk, but I don't understand why people act like that means the whole thing is no big deal. For starters, why do the lives of elderly people not matter to you? What if an 80 year old dies of it? How do you know he wasn't going to otherwise live to be 100?

Ages 45-64 make up just over 15% of the overall deaths. At what age would it not be acceptable to you? You also mention preexisting conditions which yes obviously adds to the risk factor. How many Americans would qualify as high risk when you consider obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancers, etc...?

And before anyone replies saying I'm living life in fear, maybe you should stop lumping everyone into groups? My family has gotten out plenty. We go out to eat, go to stores, have friends and family over, etc... It just annoys me that we still have people acting as if the whole thing is made up, or that it doesn't matter because it's only old people.

Tell 'em coot

Feb 5, 2021, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Season tickets...Iptay sucks ]

u6c

Re: Tell 'em coot

Feb 5, 2021, 8:19 AM

Oh those masks really work...

Feb 5, 2021, 12:09 PM

IPTAY is doing its best with the hand it's been dealt by the pandemic.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 7, 2021, 2:52 PM

Doing the best lol...yeah people who buy tickets and don’t show is a bad look especially during a pandemic. All they care about is money...next.

Replies: 23
| visibility 5,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic