Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scholarship numbers (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,785

Scholarship numbers (long)

Mar 27, 2017, 8:42 AM

based on the sound of things we have 9 spots that are available...However we are recruiting a lot of high end guys that would be hard to turn away if we didn't have the spots. Looking at our numbers I was trying to find ways that we could add these guys. I looked for guys that could graduate and leave early/transfer and this is what I came up with.

at least one RB---Choice or Fuller this really comes down to whether Fuller is the starter and has a good season and leaves early for the draft. I don't really see a scenario where either one would leave early by graduation and transfer, but it could happen.

WR- I could honestly see Cain leaving and being drafted. I could also see a WR maybe transfer due to playtime because we have the best WRs in the nation in my humble opinion. but the only 1 for sure that could leave early is Cain if he has a monster year which I think he could.

TE- we know we lose Greenlee to graduation. but if Cannon Smith doesn't get PT bc of Milan Richards or Garrett Williams being the primary TE rotation I could see a scenario where Smith graduates and transfers somewhere for immediate PT. I personally like Smith bc he is a big ol boy that is very athletic. I hope he plays a ton this year and is one of our top TEs.

OL- The only one I could see leaving early is Hyatt but honestly think he is the type that values a degree. I don't see anyone leaving early on the line...this is a good thing!

DT- I think Jabril Robinson could graduate and move on. I would say the same thing about Sterling Johnson but he is only a Sophomore so I think he stays. He could end up being one of those Dodd type of players that light turns on his RS SR year.

DE- I don't see anyone leaving early unless Bryant and/or Ferrell have monster seasons. they would both have to have at least 10.5 sacks before they leave I think.

LB- The Davis twins enrolled early, and they graduated HS early. They may graduate early and come on as some type of student coaches or GA. I'm of course spit balling here but he have elite LBs and more to come.

DB- I don't think we lose anyone other than the SRs--if Fields has a very good season, maybe.

S- no one

ST- will Spence transfer? if he gets beat out by Huegel and they both are coming in to their RS SR seasons I think he might. Maybe he goes to Coastal and finishes his career there?

so looking at the above scenarios we could potentially add 7-9? so a total of 16-18 scholarships. That would be great if that happens bc 2018 looks to be one of the best groups in a while and we have a shot at many in the top 20-25

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isnt Ferrell just a RS Sophomore?***

Mar 27, 2017, 9:18 AM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Isnt Ferrell just a RS Sophomore?***

Mar 27, 2017, 9:32 AM

Yeah, still draft eligible because he's 3 years removed from HS at the end of the 2017 season.

Mar 27, 2017, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Isnt Ferrell just a RS Sophomore?*** ]

It's three calendar years . Redshirt sophomores can declare for the draft.

Mar 27, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Isnt Ferrell just a RS Sophomore?*** ]

yes.. HOWEVER HE IS DRAFT ELIGIBLE BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN HERE 3 YEARS

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2017, 2:27 PM

Caps Lock is a hell of a drug.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christian Wilkins is NFL ready as well

Mar 27, 2017, 9:32 AM

I think we end up with 12-15, though. Which is fine. We'll get 12-15 stars.

yea he def. is NFL ready

Mar 27, 2017, 9:35 AM

I can't believe I didn't think about him leaving. Good Point

Re: Scholarship numbers (long)

Mar 27, 2017, 10:45 AM

You left out the QBs

Assuming Lawerence signs.... I can't see us holding on to all of them. All of them would start most anywhere

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

yea i wasnt sure about that one

Mar 27, 2017, 10:57 AM

Tucker may be the only one that I could see transferring but word is that he is a Clemson guy whether he plays a down or not.

Re: yea i wasnt sure about that one

Mar 27, 2017, 12:16 PM

I think we will lose someone at the quarterback spot but just not sure which one. I just cannot see Cooper and Johnson sitting on the bench for 3 years or more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scholarship numbers (long)

Mar 28, 2017, 11:53 AM

You have to be careful with this. Yes we want numbers for the 4 & 5 star recruits we are pursuing but with certain guys we'd probably rather have them another year. A good example is Ferrell. He could have a monster year and go pro, which frees up a scholarship, but honestly wouldn't you rather have him on the roster another year or two? Having guys who might not crack the depth chart decide to transfer or move on is one thing but having excellent starters leave early isn't the best way to free up numbers.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,785
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic