Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scary thought. We have about 17ppg returning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Scary thought. We have about 17ppg returning

Feb 20, 2019, 7:50 AM

next year from this year's team. Yikes!! Actually more than I thought though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scary thought. We have about 17ppg returning

Feb 20, 2019, 7:58 AM

Judge Keller will school you in a minute...

Ha - I got nothin'.

Feb 20, 2019, 9:59 AM

I'm concerned about next year's team. Unless Simms, Trapp, White, and Jemison improve a ton, Baehre is an all-world big man, and our true freshmen can come in and play meaningful productive minutes, we are in deep doo doo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So the question you have to ask then

Feb 20, 2019, 10:02 AM

is that the situation you want with a coach entering his 10th season where all the talk will be about his job?

Nope, not a good situation at all.

Feb 20, 2019, 10:10 AM

Even if we ignore this disappointing season thus far (which could very easily be looking like a good one right now with literally a few different bounces) we would still be looking at a rebuilding year next year. That is concerning for any coach in year 10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So what's best for all involved?

Feb 20, 2019, 10:24 AM

Next year will not be healthy for us or Brad. I just hope he's realistic enough to own that and goes and finds himself another job

The other problem for me, other than just the scoring

Feb 20, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Ha - I got nothin'. ]

is we're going to have to have some sort of on court leadership. We've seen this year what we all believe is a problem that's been from losing Devoe and Grantham.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:58 AM

So let's worry about those 17 points next year. We need to find about 4 times that number this year.

Feb 20, 2019, 8:02 AM

It will be different thats for sure. I think they have some games this summer in some overseas thing so hopefully that will help the younger guys develop. I keep hoping we can find a hot shot grad transfer to provide some help too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 8:07 AM

Next year is going to be all about seeing who will have for the following season. It will be about watching our freshman grow and seeing what type hope we have for the future. I think we could be good in 2 years.

"Just gotta hold the other team to 16ppg" Brad Brownell probably***

Feb 20, 2019, 8:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 8:39 AM

He won't school you, he will scold you for thinking ahead to the future

We are very likely picked last heading in to

Feb 20, 2019, 8:58 AM

next year.

we've had years where i though the same thing and

Feb 20, 2019, 9:04 AM

we turned out to be better the following year. And then years where we returned alot of promise (like this year) and turned out to be a dud. So, i wouldn't read into that all too much. Those guys on the bench might turn out to be better players that the guys starting. Who would've ever thought Gabe Devoe would have averaged 20 pts a game? That dude was horrible for 3 straight years.

Brad's had 2 teams with high expectations

Feb 20, 2019, 9:13 AM

this one and JB's senior year. They've both fizzled. Last year greatly exceeded JB's last team, but they had a veteran nucleus. Next year our only upper classmen are Simms, Trapp and White. I just dont see them leading a surprise, though a like Simms as a player. He's really struggling right now though.

Of the young guys, they've all really struggled. I think they have some long term potential, but I dont see any of them emerging as a go to guy next year. Next year will be a confluence of youth and a need for real development. Not a good outlook. And we rarely recruit impact freshmen, though I like the class we signed. We recruit guys who need 1-2 years to develop, and without vets to carry the load, they're normally just like this years class. A real work in progress

It's going to be tough for Brad to survive

Feb 20, 2019, 10:01 AM

if next year is as bad as we fear. Two years in a row of no NCAA Tournament, after making the Sweet 16 with a good nucleus returning, does not look good. Recruiting will have to show a huge uptick for the 2020 class, as in top 25.

He needs to move on of his own accord

Feb 20, 2019, 10:04 PM

like Cliff did, hard as it may be for him. His time has just run its course. Nothing wrong with that, and like all our former coaches, he can get a good job. People know how tough a job this is

Do you think he would do that?

Feb 20, 2019, 10:11 AM

Or Radakovich would encourage him to do that after this season ends, assuming we don't make the NCAA Tournament?

I think DRad has to plant that seed

Feb 20, 2019, 10:30 AM

And pretty much now. Have Brad's agent working behind the scenes. Remember Cliff negotiated a 1 year NCAA or bust deal for his last season. But he had Wright, Whitney and Gray returning. Brad is in a do or die year next season with nothing returning. I hope he can do the math

From Last Night

Feb 20, 2019, 10:21 AM

we have 9 - NINE points returning!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic