Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saying you can’t get good recruits because...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Saying you can’t get good recruits because...

May 15, 2020, 1:57 PM

you don’t have awesome facilities is like saying you’re single because you don’t have an awesome car.

Yeah, that’s it. Lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I think it's more likely the fact that you don't have a big

May 15, 2020, 1:59 PM

house

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Some people make excuses for the lack of ability, while...

May 15, 2020, 2:05 PM

winners don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG moran

May 15, 2020, 2:18 PM

You are SO stubborn.

SMDH out loud

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

How do you explain this then?

May 15, 2020, 2:20 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you explain this then?

May 15, 2020, 2:26 PM

Front left holding back a shart?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 2:29 PM

this has lewisville recruiting written all over it, and last i checked, they reel in 1 five star after another. The OP is DEAD wrong, as usual.

I would’ve said Miami but homeboy is wearing a jacket***

May 15, 2020, 2:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 11:35 PM [ in reply to How do you explain this then? ]

5, 2

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saying you can’t get good recruits because...

May 15, 2020, 2:20 PM

I'm slaying the ladies in this:

May 15, 2020, 4:32 PM

LOL. That’s supposed to be a figurative term there Rgby83

can’t argue against that

May 16, 2020, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Saying you can’t get good recruits because... ]

That back seat is roomy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paging Judge Keller

May 15, 2020, 2:25 PM

final warning.......

May 15, 2020, 2:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I agree, can’t shouldn’t be in the vocabulary.

May 15, 2020, 4:28 PM

Which is why I never said it wasn’t possible.

But you’re fooling yourself if you think it’s likely, especially on a consistent basis over the long term. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Clemson basketball, the red-headed stepchild of Clemson sports historically.

Using your lame example, Clemson basketball is a special needs dude competing against smart, handsome, successful dudes. You expect him to not only get a hot girl sometimes, but on the regular? LOL okay.

I believe our Clemson coaches should be given every possible advantage to allow them to excel. It seems that you don’t. That’s sad to hear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

When you say the opposing view is stubborn, I hope you have

May 15, 2020, 4:40 PM

Enough insight to see that you are equally stubborn to the opposite extreme. I don’t think anyone doesn’t want to give resources to the basketball program. I would agree it’s always been the red headed stepchild as compared to football. But complacency with what it’s been, accepting mediocrity is not in my vocabulary. We can and should be better. I don’t care if it takes 10 years. But if I’m looking at 9 in and don’t feel any better about where we are at it’s time to seriously think things through. I’m glad we have a clean program and agree that I prefer that over successful at the cost of our soul. But, I can’t accept that we can’t win those close games every now and then and win the games that we should. I’m not asking to be #1 in the conference. But a few spots higher and we are competitive. There has to be some give and take. We give a little resources, you show the investment is worth it and you get more. Dumping money chasing a loss in a bad investment is never the right investment. I’m not even saying Brad is a bad investment. But he’s been given the opportunity. Time, no past time, to show something. Another member mentioned that our boys have Brad’s back on Twitter. Well that’s just freaking great. Have his back when you’re down by one with one minute left to go. Have his back when you’re up by 10 with 2 minutes left to go. Am I questioning our players heart? Absolutely not, but I’m questioning Brads ability to motivate and bring out heart. Call me stubborn, fine. But you are equally stubborn for blindly backing a mediocre program. Maybe we get tshirts that say Clemson Basketball, Meh . . .

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Arguing on the internet is like running a race in the

May 15, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to I agree, can’t shouldn’t be in the vocabulary. ]

Special Olympics.

Even if you win you're still retarded.

Yeah but I love a good old fashioned cat fight between family members

May 15, 2020, 5:35 PM

I choose to look for reasons why I can...

May 15, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to I agree, can’t shouldn’t be in the vocabulary. ]

others choose to give reasons why success is not likely, especially on a consistent basis over the long term. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Clemson basketball, the red-headed stepchild of Clemson sports historically.

No right way of doing things, just different philosophies I guess.

I bet CBB and I are similar.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

you both cruz around Junior colleges looking

May 15, 2020, 6:46 PM

for tall dudes?

Yes.***

May 15, 2020, 6:47 PM

sounds like fun! - will there be finger

May 15, 2020, 7:03 PM

foods

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

You both probably show up in a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville

May 15, 2020, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Yes.*** ]

too

No...

May 16, 2020, 7:54 AM

I drive a Pontiac 6000 LE sports car, and as you can see, I do just fine.

So you do need a nice car?

May 16, 2020, 1:16 PM

THREAD BUSTED.

I was told Clemson's program did not need fixing...

May 16, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I choose to look for reasons why I can... ]

Brad said so.

I was told Clemson’s fan base is terrific combined with the other positives is what makes Clemson a great place… Brad said so.

I was told there was good talent in the program and that would allow the recruitment of more good players… Brad said so.

I was told that coaching is 100% responsible for the roster, its management, its players [or lack of] and their fits… Brad said so.

I was also told if his players would not quit, fight for each other & Clemson, then they’d be successful, yet with hope & prayer on the line, Brad’s team seemingly quit on him in Blacksburg, 70-58… Brad said so.

I know you, FM, to be a person of positives, choosing to promote the many superlatives. I believe Brad was a person cut from that cloth when he arrived at Clemson, so it seems counterproductive to Brad that an element continues to offer excuses for and/or poor attitudes toward a burgeoning University. Those few voices are doing Brad and the Clemson program no favors. Clemson tirelessly perseveres toward top of mind, is greatly extolled for a National Brand Awareness never before seen where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness as the Flutie effect et al. continue to drive the Athletic Department & Academia to never seen heights. It is an opportunity for all things Clemson to ride the crest of that wave, yet poor attitudes & excuses, which Dabo suggests are life’s only disability, continue in their attempt to drag Clemson & the basketball program down? In spite of all, in year 1 through years 9+, the staff’s mismanagement has been afforded reasons as excuse in lieu of that which Brad clearly articulated? As long as CBB is at Clemson, let's hope Brad remains positive and does not allow those few to walk through his mind with their dirty feet or he'll fall prey & his controllable issues will not be addressed.

If winners get sprinkles and they do, then because you’ve earned them, do you have your favorites, FM? Jimmies, nonpareils, quins, dragees, sanding sugar and/or course sugar?

[Reference: Brad Brownell Hiring Press Conference Transcript @ clemsontigers.com]

It’s an interesting case study in human nature....

May 16, 2020, 10:16 AM

Watching a person defend someone that:
A) Does not need help.
B) Never asked for help.

A guy who’s trained to fight doesn’t need a guy who’s not running his mouth in his defense. Let the pro take care of his business.

where you been good man? excuses and blaming is apparently the new normal

May 16, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to I was told Clemson's program did not need fixing... ]

it’s the easy way out.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 15, 2020, 5:08 PM

This is why I don't come to Tnet anymore.

May 15, 2020, 5:14 PM

Yeah, the guy Anna Nichole Smith married, mussa had a helll of a car...

You have no idea what was under his hood,

May 15, 2020, 5:24 PM

I hope.

Re: You have no idea what was under his hood,

May 15, 2020, 5:30 PM

Whatever it was, it couldn't work. If he got excited he'd immediately pass out from loss of blood.

May 15, 2020, 6:05 PM

Judge, you talk like Clemson bb has never been good. I have watched Clemson bb for more than 55 years. Clemson has put some very,very exciting teams on the court. With some good officiating,they could have won any game against anyone in the ACC. fACT!

May 15, 2020, 9:59 PM

It's a sad thing that some like Judge never got to see Skip Wise play BBall, or even Tree Rollins. There have been others, but none like Skip Wise. He was the GOAT of CLEMSON BBall IMO. There might never be another like him in my lifetime.

May 16, 2020, 7:00 AM

Skip Wise had a Million dollar basketball skill and a 50 cent brain.

May 16, 2020, 9:54 AM

Skip Wise had a Million dollar basketball skill and a 50 cent brain.

Sad to say, but I agree on both points. He was the best we ever had.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 6:51 PM

Judge Keller ain’t going to like this......but I do........Go Tigers!!!!!

Winners have trophies

May 15, 2020, 9:48 PM

Losers have excuses.

May 16, 2020, 1:35 PM

In football we have been bad, good, really bad, great and right now really great. I would say over the years, it has been coaching. Basketball is no different. Great coaches go get players and coach up to win. Some even win a lot of games or at least be competitive most years. We need to go after winning players that can shoot.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic