Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday Youth Day Help!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,323

Saturday Youth Day Help!

Feb 28, 2019, 9:00 AM

I just found out that this year's Youth Day was ticketed and it was sold out. I am going to have a disappointed son which is 7 when I tell him that we can't go. I have emailed IPTAY and a few others in charge of all of Dabo's camps to see if I can get a ticket. Is there anyone else that anyone can think of that might be able to get me in? Anyone have Dabo's admin assistant's email address? I really do not want to upset my son.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday Youth Day Help!

Feb 28, 2019, 10:21 AM

I have voiced my frustration with IPTAY and emailed football folks as well. I am not sure if this is a sanctioned Clemson event through the atheletic department. IPTAY could not help. Making this a pay event for young kids is non-sense and the camp is put on by a separate entity. What a joke!!!

Feb 28, 2019, 11:31 AM

it's not a "youth day" like in the past.
sounds like youth day has now been replaced with an "all pro dads day" event. where dads/kids go onto the field and participate in stations together. then you are allowed to hang around and watch practice.

i guess the youth days were starting to get out of hand with the autographs ?

Feb 28, 2019, 12:12 PM

You are correct, the Youth Day was replaced with this event.

Feb 28, 2019, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Saturday Youth Day Help! ]

They are sterilizing the players from interaction with fans, etc. I have had the chance to go to closed practices in past 6 years and take my kids. We have donated a significant amount of $$$$$ and support Clemson in many ways. Kids were always allowed to get autographs after practice, but last two years that doesn't happen anymore. They tell them when they enter the door no autographs and not to interact with players after practice. It's tough for a 5-8 year old to understand you cannot interact with some one they look up too. Yes, Success brings change. In this case less interaction with players or coaches. They built that nice football ops building to minimize interaction with anyone.

I don't agree with the elimination of youth day for the young kids. That was the only opportunity for them to interact with-out thousands of people after a game or spring game or fan day (which is a joke now too).

That sucks! I speak for all non-parents when I say

Feb 28, 2019, 11:35 AM

Feb 28, 2019, 12:18 PM

This was posted on TigerNet a week ago and advertised elsewhere. It’s not an IPTAY event or what used to be called Youth Day. Something new. There might be other dads selling their passes at the gate. Otherwise take them to the Spring Game April 6th.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,323
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic