Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sapakoff's Dabo’s ‘Clemsoning’ rant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,682

Sapakoff's Dabo’s ‘Clemsoning’ rant

Oct 13, 2015, 9:21 PM

Mr. Sapakoff,
Although I casually agreed with your column, being a proud fellow cynic, I would offer some alternatives to your assumptions (we all know what assume does) so let’s call them conclusions.

“Some people theorize that Dabo Swinney isn’t that smart.”

Dabo is a good football coach but an excellent CEO. Not one that dictates from a crystal palace on high but LEADS as a member of the team. We’ve all had bosses of each type. Those that took every opportunity to assure everyone how smart they were and those that just …were. Those that didn’t have to prove it and those that couldn’t when the facade faded. Which one did you prefer?
BTW, those theoreticians? I suspect they’re mostly Carolina fans and that was working out pretty well there for a while. I would ask about their expectations regarding the next 5 (or 10) years. Need some help in that area…call Les Miles, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Brian Kelly, etc., etc., etc.

“…it looks a lot like a calculated political maneuver.”

For the sake of argument I’ll grant the point but my counter would be occurrences of December 1, 2011. Coming off the practice field in preparation for the ACC Championship game after the previous week’s loss to Carolina, and in response to a reporter’s query re: the “We ain’t Clemson” comment mistakenly attributed to Spurrier, Dabo delivered a five + minute articulate ad lib response which did not include a single “Dadgum” or “Bull Crap.” It did however outpace the quote being questioned about by a good measure using his grasp of the specifics of the Clemson/Carolina rivalry with some extra sharp wit thrown in for good measure. Was that “preparation and timing?”

“The gist of the soft-peddled trigger question…”

Granting your required reporter’s cynicism, can’t Dabo be credited with actually believing in/supporting a group of young men, being proud of their accomplishments, tired of the lack of respect shown them and willing to “bow up” without the calculation you attribute to him? I saw no feigned moral outrage here just a man that had it and was choking on it to the point of regurgitation. Do you have a background in political coverage? PTSD?

“Message: Hey, you, influential AP poll voters.”

Inclusion here. Hey, you so called reporters, do some research and know what you’re talking about instead of using the “Twitter method.”

“Bull Crap.”

I work in an environment every day where those surrounding me will spurt multiple profanities rather than use polite and acceptable responses. While “Bull Crap" may not be the best phrase to use in front of a congregation on Sunday morning, let’s give the man credit for having a civil tongue in his head by nature, without ulterior motive.

“Clemsoning is the best thing that ever happened to Clemson.”

Yeah that term had a great positive effect. Kind of like how “Jewng ‘em down” and “Afro-engineering” worked out so well. (Point of fact here-it started with the WF loss that cost Bowden his job.)

“Swinney’s semi-impromptu blast won’t wind up in same YouTube classic file…”
Wrong. It’s already there!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure how you manage to equate the term

Oct 13, 2015, 9:26 PM

Clemsoning to a couple of phrases that are essentially racial slurs.

Re: Not sure how you manage to equate the term

Oct 13, 2015, 9:31 PM

Actually the terms are bigoted. There's a difference.

Re: Not sure how you manage to equate the term

Oct 13, 2015, 9:34 PM

Not really. Same gist. Either way, "Clemson-ing" isn't anywhere near one of those things so it's a pretty foolish comparison.

It's still a derogatory comment used to put down young men

Oct 13, 2015, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Not sure how you manage to equate the term ]

who have no relation to that word, and have done nothing to quantify, much less deserve, the connotation

Clemson

You don't think "Clemsoning" is a slur?***

Oct 13, 2015, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Not sure how you manage to equate the term ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does BC run on the first play.***

Oct 13, 2015, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've really grown weary of Sapakoff's agenda-driven

Oct 13, 2015, 9:46 PM

misanthropy.....Its become obvious over many years and many of his P&C columns that he doesn't really share much respect for Clemson or its football program. Reading so much of his crapola---as Charlestonians have done--it almost seems as if something personal happened long ago and he's incapable of "letting the incident go". It honestly seems his attitude towards our alma mater is about that level of juvenile.

I don't possess the years of experience and knowledge that a professional reporter (such as the right Rev Dodd) would employ in a careful analysis of Sapakoff's journalistic treatment of Clemson football (and Tiger atletics in general)---but I also don't have to see the squished remains to know when there's a dead skunk in the vicinity. I just calls'em like I read'em.......Reporters take pride in their ability to maintain an objective distance to bring an honest effort to the 5 W's. But what Sapakoff clutters the reader's vision with is an opinion column.....and, IMO, Sapakoff's opinion of our beloved university stinks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's boil all of that down- in other word he is

Oct 13, 2015, 10:51 PM

A Coot who hates Clemson. Simple, elegant, and truthful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares what he thinks? Irrelevant.***

Oct 13, 2015, 11:14 PM [ in reply to I've really grown weary of Sapakoff's agenda-driven ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,682
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic