Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Salty Cuse fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Salty Cuse fan

Oct 5, 2018, 8:59 AM

So I bet a Cuse alumnus---he was foolish enough to take even odds---on Saturday's game. I even offered him some points, but he was so confident in the win, he insisted on even odds. OK then.
So when I tried to collect my $100 yesterday, he refused to pay up saying "The ACC refs cheated Syracuse out of a win." Therefore, he felt he shouldn't have to pay.

For those of you who live in Mount Pleasant/Charleston, is this a typical yankee type of thing? Never in my life have I dealt with someone who welches on a bet. My son suggested I challenge him to a duel, but I told him this was 2018 and that was not an option. Suggestions ?

Axing for a friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Salty Cuse fan

Oct 5, 2018, 9:04 AM

A) Do you know where he lives?
B) What does his wife look like, need pigs to confirm if revenge is worth it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey..Joe Biden went to & is a Cuse Fan!

Oct 5, 2018, 9:06 AM

Nuff Said! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Salty Cuse fan ]

A) No.
B) His wife is...well.....let's just say I wood not in a million years. I'd rather eat glass.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 5, 2018, 12:41 PM

YIKES! Forget the money and count your blessings! The eating glass part convinced me that that is a pair I don't want near me!

Oct 5, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Salty Cuse fan ]

How about tell him since you have seen his wife that he can keep his 100 . He may need eye surgery one day and you dont want to take money from the fortunate.

Oct 5, 2018, 9:19 AM

In NY, it's common to break someone's fingers, arm, or leg when they don't pay up. Guess he's waiting on a threat of bodily harm before he shells out the dough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 9:24 AM

Send Vinnie to colllect! Or Bubba!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Salty Cuse fan ]

I was gonna say baseball bat to the knee caps.

Oct 5, 2018, 9:24 AM

How exactly does he think the refs cheated Syracuse out of a win? The delusion of some people amazes me.

Also, I grew up a yankee, and if I bet on something and lose, I pay up. This must just be a cuse thing.

Re: homegrown New Yorker here

Oct 5, 2018, 11:47 AM

born and raised in NY until I went to school at Clemson. this isn't a NY issue. this is a pansy issue. pansies are everywhere.

Much Easier to Post His Picture and Name Somewhere***

Oct 5, 2018, 9:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Much Easier to Post His Picture and Name Somewhere***

Oct 5, 2018, 12:33 PM

yes, just do it.

Oct 5, 2018, 9:30 AM

It is a typical Usuc thing also. Happened to me several times.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 9:30 AM

I like the way your son thinks.

I had a guy refuse to pay me back once and I called a lot of his coworkers at work and told them all that he owed me money and was refusing to pay and to let him know I was showing up at the office to collect. He paid up without me having to go to his office...

That was 20 years ago. Probably couldn't do that anymore...

Oct 5, 2018, 9:33 AM

Wait a minute. He blamed it on the ACC refs. Aren't both teams in the ACC?

My neighbor - a Syracuse fan, also blamed it on th

Oct 5, 2018, 10:31 AM

ACC refs, saying they never felt a part of the ACC along with BC and VT

Message was edited by: Murica®

Re: My neighbor - a Syracuse fan, also blamed it on th

Oct 5, 2018, 10:37 AM

There it is. That seems to be their go to excuse---the ACC doesn't like us. Personally I always felt it was a huge mistake to invite Cuse, Pitt and BC into the conference.

Screw Calford.

Re: My neighbor - a Syracuse fan, also blamed it on th

Oct 5, 2018, 12:16 PM

Easy answer - politely tell him to set up a payment installment plan. This will help him get over the stupidity without saying so!

Second - tell him to start a petition to withdraw his university, along with BC, from the ACC if it pains him to lose so much. I don’t mind Va. Tech? Miami or Pitt, but the two true Yankee schools need to join the American Conference!

Go Tigers ??!!

Oct 5, 2018, 10:05 AM

It’s just not mt pleasant/Charleston. They are that way everywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! Sounds like what you have really run into is a closest

Oct 5, 2018, 10:29 AM

Coot fan pretending to be a Cuse fan. Coot fans ROUTINELY will welch on bets when they lose, which obviously is often. That is why I usually don't even make bets with them anymore, who needs a pretend bet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha! Sounds like what you have really run into is a closest

Oct 5, 2018, 10:33 AM

No, he's real New Yawk. Yankee through and through.

Screw Calford.

Oct 5, 2018, 10:41 AM

Then, just fagidaboudit!

Oct 5, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Ha! Sounds like what you have really run into is a closest ]

A person who doesn't pay his debts will steal. Don't ever trust him again

Tell him you agree about the refs but

Oct 5, 2018, 10:44 AM

they would have lost by a lot more if they had been calling holding and targeting the way they were supposed to

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I/m trying to remember..what did the refs call that was bad?

Oct 5, 2018, 10:49 AM

i'm guessing the illegal man downfield but that was in fact the case so that wasn't it. Am i not remembering a iffy call somewhere? All we did was line it up and run it down their throat the whole 2nd half. No Pass interferences or targeting calls...so whats he talking about?

Only iffy one I remember was the personal foul

Oct 5, 2018, 11:06 AM

on the OL near the end of the game, but I definitely don't think that shifted the outcome of the game.

Oct 5, 2018, 10:52 AM

Not a yankee thing! Just a weasel thing! I'm from the north but bleed Clemson orange, and have met weasels everywhere.

But yeah, listen to the responder above me- post his pic online.

Oct 5, 2018, 11:06 AM

A sliced tire would be $100 or more to replace...just sayin for a friend ??

Let him know he has 24 hours to pay up

Oct 5, 2018, 11:28 AM

Or his cell phone number is going on t-net as the Cuse fan that didn’t honor his bet.

Oct 5, 2018, 11:37 AM

Did he account for no Mullen, Lawrence, Powell, Fields etc?? Did he think they got cheated when they didn’t call targeting or when they said there “was” a receiver in the area when XT demolished their whole OL?

Let him know that you are thankful to learn the extent

Oct 5, 2018, 11:43 AM

of his trustworthiness with something as insignificant as a $100 bet rather than later down the road when it could have been something of real importance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 11:54 AM

Forget it. Enjoy it!
I’m still looking for about $250 from 3 people from 1981 Orange Bowl with Nebraska. All Usuc fans. I see them from time to time. It does my heart good to think how much this must bother them. I just smile and keep counting all the “Ws.”

Be a better man and give him the gift of...

Oct 5, 2018, 11:58 AM

Concrete shoes and a FREE beach trip. The bottom of the ocean is really beautiful at 3:15 AM.

~JKB

Oct 5, 2018, 12:24 PM

The officiating was horrible.. but I do believe exCuse benefitted the most from all the missed calls.

Oct 5, 2018, 1:21 PM

MP resident here - no, that's not how it works with anyone I know around here. I do have a neighbor from NY though, I can see him acting like that. I'm wondering if it's the same guy.

Oct 5, 2018, 1:32 PM

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5f777f9e-3c4b-4c2a-9e2c-423f3ef6006c

This Yankee pays up on his bets, but wouldn't have been

Oct 5, 2018, 2:08 PM

stupid enough to make that bet in the first place.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic